Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1973 was a Thursday and it was the 137th day of the year 1973. It was the 20th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There is 1 day left before your next birthday. You will be 48 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,531 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,844 days or 16.00 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 594 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 2005.
If a dog named Maki - a Peekapoo breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 208 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Maki will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Maki will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1938Jason Bernard
- 1938Pervis Jackson
- 1945Esin Engin
- 1955David Townsend
- 1958Paul Whitehouse
- 1970Angelica Agurbash
- 1981Shiri Maimon
- 1983DJ Yonny
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
- 1998Mio Tomonaga
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1874George Sheldon, American diver (d. 1907)
- 1911Maureen O'Sullivan, Irish-American actress and singer (d. 1998)
- 1912Archibald Cox, American lawyer and politician, 31st United States Solicitor General (d. 2004)
- 1933Yelena Gorchakova, Russian javelin thrower (d. 2002)
- 1945Esin Engin, Turkish singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1997)
- 1965Trent Reznor, American singer-songwriter and producer (Nine Inch Nails, How to Destroy Angels)
- 1975Laura Voutilainen, Finnish singer
- 1976Mayte Martínez, Spanish runner
- 1984Christian Bolaños, Costa Rican footballer
- 1990Leven Rambin, American actress
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XREIGUUHGUL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters XREIGUUHGUL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1642Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve (1612–1676) founds the Ville Marie de Montréal.
- 1865The International Telegraph Union (later the International Telecommunication Union) is established in Paris.
- 1869Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 1902Greek archaeologist Valerios Stais discovers the Antikythera mechanism, an ancient mechanical analog computer.
- 1915The last British Liberal Party government (led by Herbert Henry Asquith) falls.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1940World War II: the old city centre of the Dutch town of Middelburg is bombed by the German Luftwaffe, to force the surrender of the Dutch armies in Zeeland.
- 1973Watergate scandal: Televised hearings begin in the United States Senate.
- 1994Malawi holds its first multi-party elections.
- 2014A plane crash in northern Laos kills 17 people.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Unreal Green Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jane Wyman, Jimmy Thackery, Quentin Mosimann, Harald Eia, Ukee Washington, Cécilia Cara, Grégoire, Charles Dibdin, Emil Jannings, Billy West.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1973.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1973 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 7, 1997. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +164. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 20, 1979. Your score is -156. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was You Are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 19, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-East approximately on 1575. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You’re always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 17th May 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1973
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 20th Thursday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 1 day
- Age on next birthday: 48 years old
- Days since birth: 17,531 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,844 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.00 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 594
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 2005
- Age in dog years: 208 dog years old using a Peekapoo breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: February 7, 1997 (+164)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 20, 1979 (-156)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: You Are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder (May 19, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMLXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 6, 1932 – Ahmet Mekin, Turkish actor; February 2, 1954 – Hansi Hinterseer, Austrian skier, actor, and singer; July 2, 1969 – Jenni Rivera, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress (d. 2012).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,996