Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 6th of May 1917 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 6, 1917 was a Sunday and it was the 126th day of the year 1917. It was the 18th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1917 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
Today is your birthday. Happy birthday! You are now 104 years old today. There have been 37,986 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 12,662 days or 34.67 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,287 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 12, 1949.
If a dog named Brees - a English Setter breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 483 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Brees will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Brees will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
- 1904Raymond Bailey
- 1915Orson Welles
- 1916Sif Ruud
- 1952Christian Clavier
- 1961George Clooney
- 1964Dana Hill
- 1968Lætitia Sadier
- 1970Tristán Ulloa
- 1986Tyler Hynes
- 2002Emily Alyn Lind
View the complete list of May 6 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 6.
- 1916Sif Ruud, Swedish actress (d. 2011)
- 1943Grange Calveley, English animator and screenwriter
- 1945Bob Seger, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1954Tom Abernethy, American basketball player
- 1956Lakis Lazopoulos, Greek actor and screenwriter
- 1970Tristán Ulloa, French-Spanish actor and director
- 1974Daniela Bártová, Czech pole vaulter and gymnast
- 1978Fredrick Federley, Swedish journalist and politician
- 1986Goran Dragić, Slovenian basketball player
- 1993Andris Siksnis, Latvian ice hockey player
View the complete list of May 6 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IWOXNRUZPB? Check your answers here: Word scramble IWOXNRUZPB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1536King Henry VIII orders English-language Bibles be placed in every church.
- 1844The Glaciarium, the world’s first mechanically frozen ice rink, opens.
- 1857The British East India Company disbands the 34th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry whose sepoy Mangal Pandey had earlier revolted against the British and is considered to be the First Martyr in the War of Indian Independence.
- 1861American Civil War: Arkansas secedes from the Union.
- 1933The Deutsche Studentenschaft attacked Magnus Hirschfeld’s Institut für Sexualwissenschaft, later burning many of its books.
- 1940John Steinbeck is awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Grapes of Wrath.
- 1989Cedar Point opens Magnum XL-200, the first roller coaster to break the 200 ft height barrier, therefore spawning what is known as the “coaster wars”.
- 1996The body of former CIA director William Colby is found washed up on a riverbank in southern Maryland, eight days after he disappeared.
- 1999The first elections to the devolved Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly are held.
- 2001During a trip to Syria, Pope John Paul II becomes the first pope to enter a mosque.
View the complete list of May 6 historical events.
Curious about this Green Lady? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 6, and 1917 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Charles Pathé, Maria Schneider, Jack Wild, Ellary Porterfield, CJ Navato, Maria Muldaur, Kelsey Chow, Benjamin Franklin White, Liam Howlett, Ivar Must.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 6 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 6, 1917.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 6th May 1917 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 8, 1907. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +166. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 26, 1914. Your score is -147. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1575. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 64,281 baby girls. For the boys it’s John. This name was recorded 51,853 times in the year 1917. Any chance you are Mary or John? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 6” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 6, 1917. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 126th day of 1917
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 18th Sunday of 1917
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2023: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 0 day
- Current age: 104 years old
- Days since birth: 37,986 days
- Days spent sleeping: 12,662 days
- Years spent sleeping: 34.67 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,287
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 12, 1949
- Age in dog years: 483 dog years old using a English Setter breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 8, 1907 (+166)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 26, 1914 (-147)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 64,281 babies
- Popular boy’s name: John – 51,853 babies
- Roman numerals: VI.V.MCMXVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 9, 1913 – Smaro Stefanidou, Greek actress (d. 2010); September 27, 1932 – Yash Chopra, Pakistani-Indian director and producer (d. 2012); February 2, 1988 – Zosia Mamet, American actress and singer.
Word count: 1,893