Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1940 was a Wednesday and it was the 129th day of the year 1940. It was the 19th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 223 days left before your next birthday. You will be 84 years old when that day comes. There have been 30,458 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 10,153 days or 27.80 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,031 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 1972.
If a dog named Rombo - a Barbet breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 393 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Rombo will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Rombo will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Penny’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1929Miyoshi Umeki
- 1943Jon Mark
- 1961David Winning
- 1964Melissa Gilbert
- 1971Chuck Huber
- 1972Candy Pangilinan
- 1977Chiaki Takahashi
- 1978Jang Woo-hyuk
- 1980Kimberlee Peterson
- 1984Cynthia Deyanira Rodríguez Ruiz
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1825George Bruce Malleson, English-Indian colonel and author (d. 1898)
- 1828Charbel Makhluf, Lebanese monk and saint (d. 1898)
- 1906Esther Hoffe, Israeli mistress of Max Brod (d. 2007)
- 1943Jon Mark, English-New Zealand singer-songwriter and guitarist (Sweet Thursday and Mark-Almond)
- 1944Gary Glitter, English singer-songwriter
- 1982Buakaw Banchamek, Thai kick-boxer
- 1982Ninja Sarasalo, Finnish model and singer
- 1986Marvell Wynne, American soccer player
- 1988David Aleksander Sjølie, Norwegian guitarist (Mopti)
- 1990Kemba Walker, American basketball player
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1516Trần Cảo Rebellion: A group of imperial guards, led by Trịnh Duy Sản, murdered Emperor Lê Tương Dực and fled, leaving the capital Thăng Long undefended.
- 1788The French Parlement is suspended to be replaced by the creation of forty-seven new courts.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: The Greeks defeat the Turks at the Battle of Gravia Inn.
- 1846Mexican–American War: The Battle of Palo Alto: Zachary Taylor defeats a Mexican force north of the Rio Grande in the first major battle of the war.
- 1898The first games of the Italian football league system are played.
- 1902In Martinique, Mount Pelée erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
- 1945Hundreds of Algerian civilians are killed by French Army soldiers in the Sétif massacre.
- 1945The Halifax Riot starts when thousands of civilians and servicemen rampage through Halifax.
- 1980The World Health Organization confirms the eradication of smallpox.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Blue Raspberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Mai Satoda, Andrew G. Vajna, Paul McDermott, Eliot Frankel, Lord Kitchner, Mandy Moore, Richard Denning, Oleta Adams, Débora Duarte.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1940.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1940 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 19, 1928. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +158. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 26, 1947. Your score is -206. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 925. Your profession was seaman, dealer, businessman, broker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1940
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 19th Wednesday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2025: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 223 days
- Age on next birthday: 84 years old
- Days since birth: 30,458 days
- Days spent sleeping: 10,153 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.80 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,031
- Next full moon: September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 1972
- Age in dog years: 393 dog years old using a Barbet breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: August 19, 1928 (+158)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 26, 1947 (-206)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 22, 1942 – Murphy Dunne, American actor and keyboard player (The Blues Brothers); January 31, 1947 – Jonathan Banks, American actor; June 29, 1925 – Cara Williams, American actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,894