Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1961 was a Monday and it was the 128th day of the year 1961. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 65 days left before your next birthday. You will be 60 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,850 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,283 days or 19.94 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 740 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 14, 1993.
If a dog named Ramon - a Miniature Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 256 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Ramon will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Ramon will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915John Archer
- 1926Don Rickles
- 1948Stephen Stohn
- 1954David Keith
- 1957Rino Katase
- 1961David Winning
- 1972Darren Hayes
- 1978Josie Maran
- 1984Mascha Müller
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1753Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Mexican priest and rebel leader (d. 1811)
- 1829Louis Moreau Gottschalk, American pianist and composer (d. 1869)
- 1879Wesley Coe, American shot putter, discus thrower, and tug of war competitor (d. 1926)
- 1899Friedrich Hayek, Austrian-English economist and philosopher, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992)
- 1955Meles Zenawi, Ethiopian politician, Prime Minister of Ethiopia (d. 2012)
- 1956Jeff Wincott, Canadian actor and martial artist
- 1968Teet Kask, Estonian ballet dancer and choreographer
- 1976Martha Wainwright, Canadian-American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1984Yara Sofia, Puerto Rican drag queen performer
- 1987Mark Noble, English footballer
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LZEITMQE? Check your answers here: Word search LZEITMQE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 589Reccared I summons the Third Council of Toledo.
- 1541Hernando de Soto reaches the Mississippi River and names it Río de Espíritu Santo.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: The Greeks defeat the Turks at the Battle of Gravia Inn.
- 1899The Irish Literary Theatre in Dublin produced its first play.
- 1924The Klaipėda Convention is signed formally incorporating Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) into Lithuania.
- 1927Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- 1942World War II: Gunners of the Ceylon Garrison Artillery on Horsburgh Island in the Cocos Islands rebel in the Cocos Islands Mutiny. Their mutiny is crushed and three of them are executed, the only British Commonwealth soldiers to be executed for mutiny during the Second World War.
- 1963South Vietnamese soldiers of Catholic President Ngo Dinh Diem open fire on Buddhists defying a ban on the flying of the Buddhist flag on Vesak, killing nine and sparking the Buddhist crisis.
- 1972Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- 1988A fire at Illinois Bell’s Hinsdale Central Office triggers an extended 1AESS network outage once considered the “worst telecommunications disaster in US telephone industry history”.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Caribbean Blue Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ron Block, Reuben Rox, David Kross, Callum Keith Rennie, Noele Gordon, Cynthia Layne, Yutaka Matsushige, Robbie Coltrane, Junko Akimoto, Candis Cayne.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1961.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1961 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 28, 1988. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +117. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 25, 1955. Your score is -133. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,083,966,929. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Runaway by Del Shannon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 8, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 1750. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 109,557,830 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1961. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1961 is 300,158. That’s equivalent to 208 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 47,676 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 86,922 times in the year 1961. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1961. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 128th day of 1961
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1961
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2023: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 65 days
- Age on next birthday: 60 years old
- Days since birth: 21,850 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,283 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.94 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 740
- Next full moon: March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 14, 1993
- Age in dog years: 256 dog years old using a Miniature Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: October 28, 1988 (+117)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 25, 1955 (-133)
- 1961 world population: 3,083,966,929
- Number one song: Runaway by Del Shannon (May 8, 1961)
- Babies born in 1961: 109,557,830
- Babies born in 1961 every day: 300,158
- Babies born in 1961 every minute: 208
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 47,676 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 86,922 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MCMLXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 14, 1941 – Bruce Hyde, American actor and academic (d. 2015); September 23, 1990 – Çağatay Ulusoy, Turkish model and actor; December 20, 1946 – Dick Wolf, American director, producer, and screenwriter, created ''Law & Order'' franchise.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,136