Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1961 was a Monday and it was the 128th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 344 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,475 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 693 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Lex Barker
- 1938Corine Rottschäfer
- 1943Jon Mark
- 1956Jeff Wincott
- 1957Marie Myriam
- 1966Marta Sánchez
- 1971Chuck Huber
- 1982Ninja Sarasalo
- 1984Mascha Müller
- 1992Vickie Rushton
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1821William Henry Vanderbilt, American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1885)
- 1847Oscar Hammerstein I, American businessman and composer (d. 1919)
- 1906Roberto Rossellini, Italian director and screenwriter (d. 1977)
- 1937Thomas Pynchon, American sailor and author
- 1940James Blyth, Baron Blyth of Rowington, English businessman and academic
- 1958Lovie Smith, American football player and coach
- 1981John Maine, American baseball player
- 1981Tatyana Dektyareva, Russian hurdler
- 1985Usama Young, American football player
- 1986Marvell Wynne, American soccer player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1516Trần Cảo Rebellion: A group of imperial guards, led by Trịnh Duy Sản, murdered Emperor Lê Tương Dực and fled, leaving the capital Thăng Long undefended.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: The Greeks defeat the Turks at the Battle of Gravia Inn.
- 1877At Gilmore’s Gardens in New York City, the first Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show opens.
- 1886Pharmacist John Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named “Coca-Cola” as a patent medicine.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1941The German Luftwaffe launches a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
- 1946Estonian school girls Aili Jõgi and Ageeda Paavel blow up the Soviet memorial which stood in front of the Bronze Soldier of Tallinn.
- 1972Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- 1978The first ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, by Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler.
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Green Apple Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Anthony Kiedis, David Frankel, Terrell Owens, Bill Irwin, Johannes Heesters, Robert Patrick, Mary Ford, Signe Toly Anderson, Sable, Vola Vale.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 8, 1961.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Runaway by Del Shannon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 8, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 23, 1954 – Marvelous Marvin Hagler, American boxer and actor; August 5, 1975 – Antony Cotton, English actor; November 2, 1945 – J. D. Souther, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Longbranch Pennywhistle and Souther–Hillman–Furay Band).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 916