Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1978 was a Monday and it was the 128th day of the year 1978. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 45 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,930 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,977 days or 13.63 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 506 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 14, 2010.
If a dog named Hershy - a Pomeranian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 180 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Hershy will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Hershy will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1926Don Rickles
- 1932Phyllida Law
- 1951Chris Frantz
- 1951Philip Bailey
- 1966Marta Sánchez
- 1971Candice Night
- 1978Matthew Davis
- 1980Kimberlee Peterson
- 1981Mich Dulce
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1629Niels Juel, Norwegian-Danish admiral (d. 1697)
- 1786John Vianney, French priest and saint (d. 1859)
- 1825George Bruce Malleson, English-Indian colonel and author (d. 1898)
- 1842Emil Christian Hansen, Danish physiologist and mycologist (d. 1909)
- 1901Turkey Stearnes, American baseball player (d. 1979)
- 1941James Traficant, American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- 1955Mladen Markač, Croatian general
- 1974Marge Kõrkjas, Estonian swimmer
- 1987Aneurin Barnard, Welsh actor and singer
- 1992Ana Mulvoy-Ten, English-American actress
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 453 BCSpring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: The Greeks defeat the Turks at the Battle of Gravia Inn.
- 1877At Gilmore’s Gardens in New York City, the first Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show opens.
- 1898The first games of the Italian football league system are played.
- 1902In Martinique, Mount Pelée erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
- 1912Paramount Pictures is founded.
- 1942World War II: Gunners of the Ceylon Garrison Artillery on Horsburgh Island in the Cocos Islands rebel in the Cocos Islands Mutiny. Their mutiny is crushed and three of them are executed, the only British Commonwealth soldiers to be executed for mutiny during the Second World War.
- 1946Estonian school girls Aili Jõgi and Ageeda Paavel blow up the Soviet memorial which stood in front of the Bronze Soldier of Tallinn.
- 1984The Soviet Union announces that it will boycott the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Sweet Rabbit Biscuit? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Colm Wilkinson, Caroline Trentini, Hunter Foster, Dorothea Jordan, Holger Juul Hansen, Leonard Cohen, Cara Mia Wayans, Alexis Knapp, Gene Anthony Ray, Mcoy Fundales.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1978.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1978 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 10, 1948. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +140. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 31, 1993. Your incompatibility score is -121. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was If I Can’t Have You by Yvonne Elliman as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 13, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 1750. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 128th day of 1978
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 45 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,930 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,977 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.63 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 506
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 14, 2010
- Age in dog years: 180 dog years old using a Pomeranian breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 10, 1948 (+140)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 31, 1993 (-121)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: If I Can’t Have You by Yvonne Elliman (May 13, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 17, 1970 – Jordan Knight, American singer-songwriter (New Kids on the Block); July 16, 1991 – Iiris, Estonian singer-songwriter and actress; June 12, 1992 – Ryan Malgarini, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,046