Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1978 was a Monday and it was the 128th day of the year 1978. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 347 days left before your next birthday. You will be 43 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,359 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,120 days or 14.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 520 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 14, 2010.
If a dog named Jobie - a Maltipoo breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 188 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Jobie will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Jobie will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Chumy Chúmez
- 1929Girija Devi
- 1932Phyllida Law
- 1938Corine Rottschäfer
- 1940Emilio Delgado
- 1944Gary Glitter
- 1954John Michael Talbot
- 1966Marta Sánchez
- 1976Ian "H" Watkins
- 1983Matt Willis
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1895Edmund Wilson, American author and critic (d. 1972)
- 1899Arthur Q. Bryan, American voice actor and singer (d. 1959)
- 1920Saul Bass, American graphic designer and director (d. 1996)
- 1926David Attenborough, English environmentalist and television host
- 1969Akebono Tarō, American-Japanese sumo wrestler, the 64th Yokozuna
- 1971Candice Night, American singer-songwriter (Blackmore’s Night)
- 1973Hiromu Arakawa, Japanese author and illustrator
- 1981Namosh, German DJ and producer
- 1984Mascha Müller, German actress
- 1990Kemba Walker, American basketball player
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Isabelle’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 413Emperor Honorius signs an edict providing tax relief for the Italian provinces Tuscia, Campania, Picenum, Samnium, Apulia, Lucania and Calabria, which were plundered by the Visigoths.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1516Trần Cảo Rebellion: A group of imperial guards, led by Trịnh Duy Sản, murdered Emperor Lê Tương Dực and fled, leaving the capital Thăng Long undefended.
- 1842A train derails and catches fire in Paris, killing between 52 and 200 people.
- 1898The first games of the Italian football league system are played.
- 1933Mohandas Gandhi begins a 21-day fast of self-purification and launched a one-year campaign to help the Harijan movement.
- 1941The German Luftwaffe launches a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
- 1976The rollercoaster Revolution, the first steel coaster with a vertical loop, opens at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- 1984Corporal Denis Lortie enters the Quebec National Assembly and opens fire, killing three and wounding 13. René Jalbert, Sergeant-at-Arms of the assembly, succeeds in calming him, for which he will later receive the Cross of Valour.
- 1997A China Southern Airlines Flight 3456 crashes on approach into Bao'an International Airport, killing 35 people.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Watermelon? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Robert Hardy, Lee Hyeri, Webbie, Jessica Amlee, Kaori Momoi, Eddie Steeples, Will Durst, Jay Ryan, Melania Trump, Betsy Blair.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1978.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1978 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 10, 1948. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +140. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 31, 1993. Your score is -121. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was If I Can’t Have You by Yvonne Elliman as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 13, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 1750. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 128th day of 1978
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2022: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 347 days
- Age on next birthday: 43 years old
- Days since birth: 15,359 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,120 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 520
- Next full moon: June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 14, 2010
- Age in dog years: 188 dog years old using a Maltipoo breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 10, 1948 (+140)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 31, 1993 (-121)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: If I Can’t Have You by Yvonne Elliman (May 13, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MCMLXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 13, 1980 – Swastika Mukherjee, Indian actress and singer; February 22, 1950 – Lenny Kuhr, Dutch singer-songwriter; August 12, 1993 – Luna, South Korean actress, singer, and dancer (f(x)).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,070