Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1997 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1997 was a Thursday and it was the 128th day of the year 1997. It was the 19th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1997 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 233 days left before your next birthday. You will be 23 years old when that day comes. There have been 8,168 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 2,723 days or 7.45 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 277 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on January 14, 2029.
If a dog named Grizz - a Pekingese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 108 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Grizz will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Grizz will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Lex Barker
- 1926Don Rickles
- 1927Chumy Chúmez
- 1940Ricky Nelson
- 1940Toni Tennille
- 1948Stephen Stohn
- 1958Simone Kleinsma
- 1976Ian "H" Watkins
- 1976Martha Wainwright
- 1982Christina Cole
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1460Frederick I, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (d. 1536)
- 1858J. Meade Falkner, English author and poet (d. 1932)
- 1906Esther Hoffe, Israeli mistress of Max Brod (d. 2007)
- 1926Don Rickles, American comedian and actor
- 1946André Boulerice, Canadian politician
- 1954David Keith, American actor and director
- 1981Andrea Barzagli, Italian footballer
- 1983Elyes Gabel, English actor
- 1985Tommaso Ciampa, American wrestler
- 1986Marvell Wynne, American soccer player
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Devin’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1516Trần Cảo Rebellion: A group of imperial guards, led by Trịnh Duy Sản, murdered Emperor Lê Tương Dực and fled, leaving the capital Thăng Long undefended.
- 1886Pharmacist John Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named “Coca-Cola” as a patent medicine.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1902In Martinique, Mount Pelée erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Kerch Peninsula: The German 11th Army begins Operation Trappenjagd (Bustard Hunt) and destroys the bridgehead of the three Soviet Armies (44th, 47th, and 51st) defending the Kerch Peninsula, in the eastern part of the Crimea.
- 1945End of the Prague uprising, celebrated now as a national holiday in the Czech Republic.
- 1962The Rabindra Bharati University, a prominent University in India, was founded.
- 1966A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- 1978The first ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, by Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler.
- 1988A fire at Illinois Bell’s Hinsdale Central Office triggers an extended 1AESS network outage once considered the “worst telecommunications disaster in US telephone industry history”.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Mangoberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1997 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Aiden Turner, Tito Puente, Avraham Heffner, Felipe Colombo, Erna Berger, Tino Insana, Tom McGowan, Maggie Smith, Olivia Holt, Trisha Yearwood.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1997.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1997 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 13, 1997. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +144. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 26, 1977. Your incompatibility score is -121. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,857,972,543. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G. as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 10, 1997). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Borneo approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 130,906,795 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1997. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1997 is 358,649. That’s equivalent to 249 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emily. This name was given to 25,732 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 37,548 times in the year 1997. Any chance you are Emily or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1997. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 128th day of 1997
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 19th Thursday of 1997
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 233 days
- Age on next birthday: 23 years old
- Days since birth: 8,168 days
- Days spent sleeping: 2,723 days
- Years spent sleeping: 7.45 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 277
- Next full moon: October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 14, 2029
- Age in dog years: 108 dog years old using a Pekingese breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: February 13, 1997 (+144)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 26, 1977 (-121)
- 1997 world population: 5,857,972,543
- Number one song: Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G. (May 10, 1997)
- Babies born in 1997: 130,906,795
- Babies born in 1997 every day: 358,649
- Babies born in 1997 every minute: 249
- Popular girl’s name: Emily – 25,732 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 37,548 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MCMXCVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 30, 1990 – Eliot Sumner, Italian-English singer-songwriter; April 19, 1966 – David La Haye, Canadian actor, director, producer, and screenwriter; August 1, 1976 – Don Hertzfeldt, American animator, producer, screenwriter, and voice actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,045