Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1962 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1962 was a Wednesday and it was the 129th day of the year 1962. It was the 19th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1962 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 111 days left before your next birthday. You will be 58 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,074 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,025 days or 19.23 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 714 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 1994.
If a dog named Valiant - a Tibetan Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 248 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Valiant will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Valiant will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1930Joan Sims
- 1934Alan Bennett
- 1945Steve Katz
- 1946Candice Bergen
- 1950Matthew Kelly
- 1962John Corbett
- 1973Chu Sang-mi
- 1975Chris Diamantopoulos
- 1993Ryosuke Yamada
View the complete list of May 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1837Adam Opel, German engineer, founded the Opel Company (d. 1895)
- 1888Rolf de Maré, Swedish art collector (d. 1964)
- 1895Richard Barthelmess, American actor, singer, and producer (d. 1963)
- 1945Steve Katz, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Blood, Sweat & Tears, Blues Project, and American Flyer)
- 1950Matthew Kelly, English actor and presenter
- 1958Graham Smith, Canadian swimmer
- 1975Chris Diamantopoulos, Canadian actor
- 1977Asal Badiee, Iranian actress (d. 2013)
- 1983Christos Marangos, Cypriot footballer
- 1994Ryan Auger, English footballer
View the complete list of May 9 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Emmanuel’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1873Der Krach: Vienna stock market crash heralds the Long Depression.
- 1877A magnitude 8.8 earthquake off the coast of Peru kills 2,541, including some as far away as Hawaii and Japan.
- 1926Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- 1927The Australian Parliament first convenes in Canberra.
- 1945World War II: Ratification in Berlin-Karlshorst of the German unconditional surrender of May 8 in Rheims, France, with the signatures of Marshal Georgy Zhukov for the Soviet Union, and for the Western Headquarters Sir Arthur Tedder, British Air Marshal and Eisenhower’s deputy, and for the German side of Colonel-General Hans-Jürgen Stumpff as the representative of the Luftwaffe, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel as the Chief of Staff of OKW, and Admiral Hans-Georg von Friedeburg as Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine.
- 1958Film: Vertigo has world premiere in San Francisco.
- 1977Hotel Polen fire: A disastrous fire burns down the Hotel Polen in Amsterdam causing 33 deaths and 21 severe injuries.
- 1979Iranian Jewish businessman Habib Elghanian is executed by firing squad in Tehran, prompting the mass exodus of the once 100,000-strong Jewish community of Iran.
- 1987LOT Flight 5055 Tadeusz Kościuszko crashes after takeoff in Warsaw, Poland, killing all 183 people on board.
- 2012A Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft crashes into Mount Salak in West Java, Indonesia, killing 45 people.
View the complete list of May 9 historical events.
Curious about this Grape? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9, and 1962 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bjørn Watt-Boolsen, Cory Wells, Belinda Peregrín, Albert Bouchard, Woo Seung-yeon, Mark Murphy, Wayland Flowers, Bob Mathias, John Mallory Asher, Thelma Houston.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 9, 1962.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th May 1962 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 16, 1989. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +139. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 27, 1962. Your score is -121. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,140,093,217. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Soldier Boy by The Shirelles as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 12, 1962). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1575. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 111,558,191 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1962. The estimated number of babies born on 9th May 1962 is 305,639. That’s equivalent to 212 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 46,080 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,037 times in the year 1962. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 9, 1962. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1962
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 19th Wednesday of 1962
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2022: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 111 days
- Age on next birthday: 58 years old
- Days since birth: 21,074 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,025 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.23 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 714
- Next full moon: February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 1994
- Age in dog years: 248 dog years old using a Tibetan Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 16, 1989 (+139)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 27, 1962 (-121)
- 1962 world population: 3,140,093,217
- Number one song: Soldier Boy by The Shirelles (May 12, 1962)
- Babies born in 1962: 111,558,191
- Babies born in 1962 every day: 305,639
- Babies born in 1962 every minute: 212
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 46,080 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,037 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.V.MCMLXII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 13, 1965 – Lisa Vidal, American actress; February 24, 1950 – George Thorogood, American singer-songwriter and guitarist; May 1, 1931 – Jacques Languirand, Canadian radio host and actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,137