Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of October 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
October 20, 1988 was a Thursday and it was the 294th day of the year 1988. It was the 42nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 123 days left before your next birthday. You will be 33 years old when that day comes. There have been 11,930 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 3,977 days or 10.89 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 404 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on June 28, 2020.
If a dog named Bogart - a Puggle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 148 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Bogart will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Bogart will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1948Sandra Dickinson
- 1953Bill Nunn
- 1958Valerie Faris
- 1964Tomoko Yamaguchi
- 1965William Zabka
- 1966Stefan Raab
- 1971Dannii Minogue
- 1982Katie Featherston
- 1983Takayuki Yamada
- 1988Candice Swanepoel
View the complete list of October 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 20.
- 1660Robert Bertie, 1st Duke of Ancaster and Kesteven, English politician, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (d. 1723)
- 1924Robert Peters, American poet, playwright, and critic (d. 2014)
- 1925Roger Hanin, Algerian-French actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- 1931Ken Morrison, English businessman
- 1937Cancio Garcia, Filipino lawyer and jurist (d. 2013)
- 1940Kathy Kirby, English singer (d. 2011)
- 1948Piet Hein Donner, Dutch jurist and politician, Dutch Minister of Justice
- 1951Leif Pagrotsky, Swedish businessman and politician
- 1987Raphael Hackl, German rugby player
- 1994Morgan Featherstone, Australian model
View the complete list of October 20 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dave’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1803The United States Senate ratifies the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1904Chile and Bolivia sign the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, delimiting the border between the two countries.
- 1941World War II: Thousands of civilians in Kragujevac in German-occupied Serbia are murdered in the Kragujevac massacre.
- 1944The Soviet Army and Yugoslav Partisans liberate Belgrade, the capital of Yugoslavia
- 1946Government of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam decides that October 20 is Vietnam Women’s Day.
- 1947The United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan establish diplomatic relations for the first time.
- 1952Governor Evelyn Baring declares a state of emergency in Kenya and begins arresting hundreds of suspected leaders of the Mau Mau Uprising, including Jomo Kenyatta, the future first President of Kenya.
- 1961The Soviet Union performs the first armed test of a submarine-launched ballistic missile, launching an R-13 from a Golf-class submarine.
- 1970Siad Barre declares Somalia a socialist state.
- 1981Two police officers and an armored car guard are killed during an armed robbery in Rockland County, New York, carried out by members of the Black Liberation Army and Weather Underground.
View the complete list of October 20 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Candy Surprise? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 20, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Kotaro Yanagi, Song Seung-heon, Robert Ellis Orrall, M.I.A., Mathieu Amalric, Rodney Atkins, Dan Leno, Boman Irani, Marisa Berenson, Gary Jules.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on October 20 is Libra ♎ (The Scales) – a cardinal sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on October 20, 1988.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th October 1988 is Cosmos for constancy.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 12, 1986. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +137. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 17, 1968. Your score is -168. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 22, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Philippines approximately on 1650. Your profession was medicine man, surgeon, herbalist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 20th October 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man October 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about October 20, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 294th day of 1988
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 42nd Thursday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2023: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 123 days
- Age on next birthday: 33 years old
- Days since birth: 11,930 days
- Days spent sleeping: 3,977 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.89 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 404
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on June 28, 2020
- Age in dog years: 148 dog years old using a Puggle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Libra ♎ (The Scales)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Chrysolite
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Opal
- Mystical birthstone: Jasper (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Cosmos for constancy
- Best compatible birthday: February 12, 1986 (+137)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 17, 1968 (-168)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins (October 22, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: XX.X.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 6, 1981 – Jens Lekman, Swedish singer-songwriter and guitarist; October 13, 1949 – Leona Mitchell, American soprano and actress; September 13, 1980 – Ben Savage, American actor and director.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,114