Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of October 1959 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
October 8, 1959 was a Thursday and it was the 281st day of the year 1959. The next time you can reuse your old 1959 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 137 days left before your next birthday. You will be 58 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,048 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 713 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1918Ron Randell
- 1922Herbert B. Leonard
- 1940Paul Hogan
- 1950Robert "Kool" Bell
- 1955Lonnie Pitchford
- 1960Rano Karno
- 1969Dylan Neal
- 1972Kim Myung-min
- 1979Kristanna Loken
- 1981Kalil Wilson
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for October 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 8.
- 1889Collett E. Woolman, American businessman, co-founded Delta Air Lines (d. 1966)
- 1907Richard Sharpe Shaver, American author and illustrator (d. 1975)
- 1938Walter Gretzky, Canadian ice hockey coach and author
- 1957Antonio Cabrini, Italian footballer and manager
- 1961Simon Burke, Australian actor and producer
- 1970Sadiq Khan, English lawyer and politician, Minister of State for Transport
- 1979Kristanna Loken, American actress and producer
- 1979Noelle Scaggs, American singer-songwriter (Fitz and The Tantrums)
- 1992Lidziya Marozava, Belarusian tennis player
- 1994Luca Hänni, Swiss singer-songwriter
View the complete list of famous birthdays for October 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1645Jeanne Mance opened the Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal, the first lay hospital in North America.
- 1806Napoleonic Wars: Forces of the British Empire lay siege to the port of Boulogne in France by using Congreve rockets, invented by Sir William Congreve.
- 1856The Second Opium War between several western powers and China begins with the Arrow Incident on the Pearl River.
- 1879War of the Pacific: The Chilean Navy defeats the Peruvian Navy in the Battle of Angamos, Peruvian Admiral Miguel Grau is killed in the encounter.
- 1918World War I: In the Argonne Forest in France, United States Corporal Alvin C. York kills 28 German soldiers and captures 132, for which he is awarded the Medal of Honor.
- 1928Joseph Szigeti gives the first performance of Alfredo Casella’s Violin Concerto.
- 1952The Harrow and Wealdstone rail crash kills 112 people.
- 1962Algeria joins the United Nations.
- 1962Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article “Bedingt abwehrbereit” (“Conditionally prepared for defense”) about a NATO manoeuvre called “Fallex 62”, which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany’s army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.
- 2001U.S. President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.
View the complete list of historical events for October 8.
Curious about this Ancient Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 8 and 1959 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Christopher Cross, Brendan Benson, Peggy March, Quincy Jones, Zerrin Tekindor, George Silver, Katy Jurado, Frederick Wiseman, Richard Ayoade, Yasuka Saitō.
The zodiac sign of a person born on October 8 is Libra ♎. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on October 8, 1959.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 12, 1959). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 5, 1974 – Juha Tapio, Finnish singer-songwriter and guitarist; July 12, 1959 – Nagisa Katahira, Japanese actress; October 11, 1961 – Neil Buchanan, English guitarist and actor (Marseille).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 959