The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1901
- January 1, 1901 – The British colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and Western Australia federate as the Commonwealth of Australia; Edmund Barton is appointed the first Prime Minister.
- February 19, 1901 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 25, 1901 – New York becomes the first U.S. state to require automobile license plates.
- June 11, 1901 – The boundaries of the Colony of New Zealand are extended by the UK to include the Cook Islands.
- July 24, 1901 – O. Henry is released from prison in Columbus, Ohio after serving three years for embezzlement from a bank.
- August 5, 1901 – Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft. The record will stand for 20 years.
- August 6, 1901 – Kiowa land in Oklahoma is opened for white settlement, effectively dissolving the contiguous reservation.
- September 7, 1901 – The Boxer Rebellion in Qing dynasty China officially ends with the signing of the Boxer Protocol.
- September 14, 1901 – U.S. President William McKinley dies after an assassination attempt on September 6, and is succeeded by Vice President Theodore Roosevelt.
- October 29, 1901 – Capital punishment: Leon Czolgosz, the assassin of U.S. President William McKinley, is executed by electrocution.
Who Were Born On 1901?
- January 17, 1901 – Aron Gurwitsch, Lithuanian-American philosopher and author (d. 1973)
- March 18, 1901 – William Johnson, American painter (d. 1970)
- April 15, 1901 – René Pleven, French businessman and politician, Prime Minister of France (d. 1993)
- May 18, 1901 – Henri Sauguet, French composer (d. 1989)
- May 20, 1901 – Doris Fleeson, American journalist (d. 1970)
- May 22, 1901 – Maurice J. Tobin, American politician, 6th United States Secretary of Labor (d. 1953)
- July 7, 1901 – Eiji Tsuburaya, Japanese cinematographer and producer (d. 1970)
- August 4, 1901 – Clarence Passailaigue, Jamaican cricketer (d. 1972)
- September 28, 1901 – William S. Paley, American broadcaster, founded CBS (d. 1990)
- November 11, 1901 – F. Van Wyck Mason, American historian and author (d. 1978)