The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1901
- January 1, 1901 – Nigeria becomes a British protectorate.
- February 19, 1901 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- June 11, 1901 – The boundaries of the Colony of New Zealand are extended by the UK to include the Cook Islands.
- August 5, 1901 – Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft. The record will stand for 20 years.
- August 14, 1901 – The first claimed powered flight, by Gustave Whitehead in his Number 21.
- August 21, 1901 – The International Secretariat of National Trade Union Centres is founded in Copenhagen.
- September 2, 1901 – Vice President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt utters the famous phrase, “Speak softly and carry a big stick” at the Minnesota State Fair.
- October 24, 1901 – Annie Edson Taylor becomes the first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
- October 29, 1901 – Capital punishment: Leon Czolgosz, the assassin of U.S. President William McKinley, is executed by electrocution.
- November 1, 1901 – Sigma Phi Epsilon, the largest national male collegiate fraternity, is established at Richmond College, in Richmond, Virginia.
Who Were Born On 1901?
- February 6, 1901 – Ben Lyon, American actor and singer (d. 1979)
- June 3, 1901 – Zhang Xueliang, Chinese general and warlord (d. 2001)
- June 18, 1901 – Llewellyn Rees, English actor (b. 1994)
- July 7, 1901 – Eiji Tsuburaya, Japanese cinematographer and producer (d. 1970)
- July 14, 1901 – George Tobias, American actor and singer (d. 1980)
- August 4, 1901 – Louis Armstrong, American trumpet player and singer (d. 1971)
- August 26, 1901 – Jimmy Rushing, American singer and bandleader (Oklahoma City Blue Devils) (d. 1972)
- November 3, 1901 – Leopold III of Belgium (d. 1983)
- December 30, 1901 – Beauford Delaney, American painter (d. 1979)