The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1901
- January 1, 1901 – The British colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and Western Australia federate as the Commonwealth of Australia; Edmund Barton is appointed the first Prime Minister.
- January 10, 1901 – The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- February 19, 1901 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1901 – The legislature of Hawaii Territory convenes for the first time.
- June 11, 1901 – The boundaries of the Colony of New Zealand are extended by the UK to include the Cook Islands.
- August 6, 1901 – Kiowa land in Oklahoma is opened for white settlement, effectively dissolving the contiguous reservation.
- September 6, 1901 – Leon Czolgosz, an unemployed anarchist, shoots and fatally wounds US President William McKinley at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York.
- September 14, 1901 – U.S. President William McKinley dies after an assassination attempt on September 6, and is succeeded by Vice President Theodore Roosevelt.
- November 8, 1901 – Bloody clashes take place in Athens following the translation of the Gospels into demotic Greek.
- November 13, 1901 – The 1901 Caister Lifeboat Disaster.
Who Were Born On 1901?
- February 9, 1901 – James Murray, American actor (d. 1936)
- March 27, 1901 – Enrique Santos Discépolo, Argentine singer-songwriter, bandoneón player, and pianist (d. 1951)
- June 1, 1901 – Hap Day, Canadian ice hockey player, referee, and manager (d. 1990)
- August 7, 1901 – Ann Harding, American actress and singer (d. 1981)
- September 9, 1901 – James Blades, English drummer (Melos Ensemble) (d. 1999)
- September 18, 1901 – Harold Clurman, American director and producer (d. 1980)
- October 3, 1901 – Jean Grémillon, French director, composer, and screenwriter (d. 1959)
- December 5, 1901 – Werner Heisenberg, German physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1976)
- December 30, 1901 – Beauford Delaney, American painter (d. 1979)