The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Chico Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1914
- January 26, 1914 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- July 11, 1914 – USS Nevada is launched.
- July 28, 1914 – In the culmination of the July Crisis, Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia, igniting World War I.
- August 1, 1914 – The German Empire declares war on the Russian Empire at the opening of World War I. The Swiss Army mobilizes because of World War I.
- August 9, 1914 – Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- August 15, 1914 – A male servant of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright sets fire to the living quarters of the latter’s Wisconsin home, Taliesin, murders seven people and burns the living quarters to the ground.
- August 23, 1914 – World War I: Battle of Mons: The British Army begins withdrawal.
- November 1, 1914 – World War I: The Australian Imperial Force (AIF) departed by ship in a single convoy from Albany, Western Australia bound for Egypt.
- November 7, 1914 – The first issue of The New Republic magazine is published.
- December 25, 1914 – A series of unofficial truces occur across the Western Front to celebrate Christmas.
Who Were Born On 1914?
- January 26, 1914 – Princess Durru Shehvar of the Ottoman Empire (d. 2006)
- February 9, 1914 – Bill Justice, American animator and director (d. 2011)
- February 28, 1914 – Élie Bayol, French racing driver (d. 1995)
- March 22, 1914 – Donald Stokes, Baron Stokes, English businessman (d. 2008)
- September 16, 1914 – Allen Funt, American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- October 25, 1914 – John Berryman, American poet and scholar (d. 1972)
- October 28, 1914 – Glenn Robert Davis, American lieutenant and politician (d. 1988)
- November 11, 1914 – Henry Wade, American soldier and lawyer (d. 2001)
- December 12, 1914 – Patrick O'Brian, English author and translator (d. 2000)
- December 30, 1914 – Jo Van Fleet, American actress (d. 1996)