The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1916
- February 4, 1916 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 9, 1916 – Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa leads nearly 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against the border town of Columbus, New Mexico.
- March 11, 1916 – USS Nevada (BB-36) is commissioned as the first US Navy “super-dreadnought”.
- April 29, 1916 – Easter Rising: Martial law in Ireland is lifted and the rebellion is officially over with the surrender of Irish nationalists to British authorities in Dublin.
- June 3, 1916 – The National Defense Act is signed into law, increasing the size of the United States National Guard by 450,000 men.
- June 4, 1916 – World War I: Russia opens the Brusilov Offensive with an artillery barrage of Austro-Hungarian lines in Galicia.
- July 22, 1916 – Preparedness Day Bombing: In San Francisco, a bomb explodes on Market Street during a parade, killing ten and injuring 40.
- August 2, 1916 – World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
- September 9, 1916 – Piggly Wiggly, the first true self-service grocery store, is founded in Memphis, Tennessee.
- December 29, 1916 – A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, the first novel by James Joyce, was first published as a book by an American publishing house B. W. Huebschis after it had been serialized in The Egoist (1914–15).
Who Were Born On 1916?
- March 27, 1916 – Mario Tonelli, American football player and soldier (d. 2003)
- April 17, 1916 – Win Maung, 3rd President of Union of Myanmar (d. 1989)
- June 8, 1916 – Luigi Comencini, Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- June 20, 1916 – Johnny Morris, Welsh-English television host (d. 1999)
- August 17, 1916 – Moses Majekodunmi, Nigerian physician and politician (d. 2012)
- September 25, 1916 – Jessica Anderson, Australian author and playwright (d. 2010)
- November 21, 1916 – Jadu Nath Singh, Indian soldier (d. 1948)
- November 25, 1916 – Peg Lynch, American actress and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- December 1, 1916 – Wan Li, Chinese politician, 4th Vice Premier of the People’s Republic of China (d. 2015)
- December 18, 1916 – Betty Grable, American actress, singer, and dancer (d. 1973)