The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 22, 1917 – World War I: President Woodrow Wilson of the still-neutral United States calls for “peace without victory” in Europe.
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1917 – The current constitution of Mexico is adopted, establishing a federal republic with powers separated into independent executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
- May 30, 1917 – Alexander I becomes king of Greece.
- July 20, 1917 – World War I: The Corfu Declaration, which leads to the creation of the post-war Kingdom of Yugoslavia, is signed by the Yugoslav Committee and Kingdom of Serbia.
- August 28, 1917 – Ten Suffragettes are arrested while picketing the White House.
- October 17, 1917 – First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
- October 26, 1917 – World War I: Battle of Caporetto; Italy suffers a catastrophic defeat to the forces of Austria-Hungary and Germany. The young unknown Oberleutnant Erwin Rommel captures Mount Matajur with only 100 Germans against a force of over 7000 Italians.
- November 2, 1917 – The Military Revolutionary Committee of the Petrograd Soviet, in charge of preparation and carrying out the Russian Revolution, holds its first meeting.
- December 6, 1917 – Finland declares independence from Russia.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- January 5, 1917 – Adolfo Consolini, Italian discus thrower (d. 1969)
- February 27, 1917 – John Connally, American lieutenant and politician, 61st United States Secretary of Treasury (d. 1993)
- March 19, 1917 – Laszlo Szabo, Hungarian chess player (d. 1998)
- April 1, 1917 – Melville Shavelson, American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- May 9, 1917 – Fay Kanin, American screenwriter and producer (d. 2013)
- June 4, 1917 – Robert Merrill, American actor and singer (d. 2004)
- June 14, 1917 – Lise Nørgaard, Danish journalist, author, and screenwriter
- September 17, 1917 – William Grut, Swedish pentathlete (d. 2012)
- December 14, 1917 – June Taylor, American dancer and choreographer (d. 2004)
- December 27, 1917 – T. Nadaraja, Sri Lankan lawyer and academic (d. 2004)