The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1917 – The current constitution of Mexico is adopted, establishing a federal republic with powers separated into independent executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
- February 23, 1917 – First demonstrations in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The beginning of the February Revolution.
- March 2, 1917 – The enactment of the Jones–Shafroth Act grants Puerto Ricans United States citizenship.
- April 2, 1917 – World War I: United States President Woodrow Wilson asks the U.S. Congress for a declaration of war on Germany.
- July 6, 1917 – World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.
- July 25, 1917 – Sir Robert Borden introduces the first income tax in Canada as a “temporary” measure (lowest bracket is 4% and highest is 25%).
- November 5, 1917 – October Revolution: In Tallinn, Estonia, Communist leader Jaan Anvelt leads revolutionaries in overthrowing the Provisional Government (As Estonia and Russia are still using the Julian calendar, subsequent period references show an October 23 date).
- November 28, 1917 – The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- January 14, 1917 – Billy Butterfield, American trumpet player (d. 1988)
- February 17, 1917 – Guillermo González Camarena, Mexican engineer (d. 1965)
- April 10, 1917 – Robert Burns Woodward, American chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979)
- May 1, 1917 – John Beradino, American baseball player and actor (d. 1996)
- May 2, 1917 – Albert Castelyns, Belgian water polo player and bobsledder
- May 6, 1917 – Jilly Rizzo, American businessman and actor (d. 1992)
- October 1, 1917 – Robert Gist, American actor and director (d. 1998)
- November 1, 1917 – R. W. B. Lewis, American scholar and critic (d. 2002)
- December 17, 1917 – Kenneth Dike, Nigerian historian, author, and academic (d. 1983)