The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- January 28, 1917 – Municipally-owned streetcars take to the streets of San Francisco.
- January 31, 1917 – World War I: Germany announces that its U-boats will resume unrestricted submarine warfare after a two-year hiatus.
- April 2, 1917 – World War I: United States President Woodrow Wilson asks the U.S. Congress for a declaration of war on Germany.
- July 17, 1917 – King George V issues a Proclamation stating that the male line descendants of the British Royal Family will bear the surname Windsor.
- August 18, 1917 – A Great Fire in Thessaloniki, Greece destroys 32% of the city leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
- October 26, 1917 – World War I: Brazil declares war on the Central Powers.
- November 5, 1917 – St. Tikhon of Moscow is elected the Patriarch of Moscow and of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- November 25, 1917 – World War I: German forces defeat Portuguese army of about 1200 at Negomano on the border of modern-day Mozambique and Tanzania.
- November 26, 1917 – The National Hockey League is formed, with the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs, and Toronto Arenas as its first teams.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- January 19, 1917 – John Raitt, American actor and singer (d. 2005)
- February 25, 1917 – Brenda Joyce, American actress (d. 2009)
- March 23, 1917 – Kenneth Tobey, American actor (d. 2002)
- April 23, 1917 – Tony Lupien, American baseball player and coach (d. 2004)
- September 14, 1917 – Rudolf Baumgartner, Swiss violinist and conductor (d. 2002)
- October 22, 1917 – Joan Fontaine, Japanese-American actress and singer (d. 2013)
- November 13, 1917 – Robert Sterling, American actor and singer (d. 2006)
- December 14, 1917 – C.-H. Hermansson, Swedish author and politician
- December 18, 1917 – Ossie Davis, American actor and activist (d. 2005)
- December 21, 1917 – Diana Athill, English author