The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 26, 1917 – World War I: First Battle of Gaza – British troops are halted after 17,000 Turks block their advance.
- May 19, 1917 – the Norwegian football club Rosenborg BK is founded.
- June 23, 1917 – In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for punching the umpire.
- July 6, 1917 – World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.
- July 17, 1917 – King George V issues a Proclamation stating that the male line descendants of the British Royal Family will bear the surname Windsor.
- July 20, 1917 – World War I: The Corfu Declaration, which leads to the creation of the post-war Kingdom of Yugoslavia, is signed by the Yugoslav Committee and Kingdom of Serbia.
- October 25, 1917 – Traditionally understood date of the October Revolution, involving the capture of the Winter Palace, Petrograd, Russia. The date refers to the Julian Calendar date, and corresponds with November 7 in the Gregorian calendar.
- November 28, 1917 – The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
- December 20, 1917 – Cheka, the first Soviet secret police force, is founded.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- January 10, 1917 – Jerry Wexler, American journalist and producer (d. 2008)
- January 31, 1917 – Fred Bassetti, American architect, founded Bassetti Architects (d. 2013)
- March 23, 1917 – Kenneth Tobey, American actor (d. 2002)
- April 12, 1917 – Robert Manzon, French racing driver (d. 2015)
- June 18, 1917 – Erik Ortvad, Danish painter and illustrator (d. 2008)
- June 20, 1917 – Igor Śmiałowski, Russian-Polish actor (d. 2006)
- July 17, 1917 – Phyllis Diller, American actress, singer, dancer, and voice artist (d. 2012)
- September 6, 1917 – Philipp von Boeselager, German soldier and economist (d. 2008)
- November 1, 1917 – Clarence E. Miller, American engineer and politician (d. 2011)
- December 13, 1917 – John Hart, American actor and producer (d. 2009)