The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 31, 1917 – The United States takes possession of the Danish West Indies after paying $25 million to Denmark, and renames the territory the United States Virgin Islands.
- May 13, 1917 – Three children report the first apparition of Our Lady of Fátima in Fátima, Portugal.
- May 19, 1917 – the Norwegian football club Rosenborg BK is founded.
- August 30, 1917 – Vietnamese prison guards led by Trịnh Văn Cấn mutiny at the Thái Nguyên penitentiary against local French authority.
- September 14, 1917 – Russia is officially proclaimed a republic.
- October 17, 1917 – First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
- October 25, 1917 – Traditionally understood date of the October Revolution, involving the capture of the Winter Palace, Petrograd, Russia. The date refers to the Julian Calendar date, and corresponds with November 7 in the Gregorian calendar.
- November 6, 1917 – World War I: Third Battle of Ypres ends: After three months of fierce fighting, Canadian forces take Passchendaele in Belgium.
- November 28, 1917 – The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- February 12, 1917 – Raizo Matsuno, Japanese politician (d. 2006)
- March 21, 1917 – Yigael Yadin, Israeli archeologist, general, and politician, Deputy Prime Minister of Israel (d. 1984)
- March 27, 1917 – Reva Gerstein, Canadian psychologist and academic
- April 14, 1917 – Valerie Hobson, Irish-English actress (d. 1998)
- May 28, 1917 – Barry Commoner, American biologist, academic, and politician (d. 2012)
- July 8, 1917 – J. F. Powers American author and academic (d. 1999)
- September 20, 1917 – Don Starr, American actor (d. 1995)
- October 20, 1917 – Stéphane Hessel, German-French activist and diplomat (d. 2013)
- December 20, 1917 – Audrey Totter, American actress and singer (d. 2013)