The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alicia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1917 – World War I: United States President Woodrow Wilson asks the U.S. Congress for a declaration of war on Germany.
- June 7, 1917 – World War I: Battle of Messines – Allied soldiers detonate ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge, killing 10,000 German troops.
- June 11, 1917 – King Alexander assumes the throne of Greece after his father Constantine I abdicates under pressure by allied armies occupying Athens.
- June 26, 1917 – The first U.S. troops arrive in France to fight alongside Britain and France against Germany in World War I.
- August 6, 1917 – World War I: Battle of Mărășești between the Romanian and German armies begins.
- August 30, 1917 – Vietnamese prison guards led by Trịnh Văn Cấn mutiny at the Thái Nguyên penitentiary against local French authority.
- October 26, 1917 – World War I: Battle of Caporetto; Italy suffers a catastrophic defeat to the forces of Austria-Hungary and Germany. The young unknown Oberleutnant Erwin Rommel captures Mount Matajur with only 100 Germans against a force of over 7000 Italians.
- December 6, 1917 – World War I: USS Jacob Jones is the first American destroyer to be sunk by enemy action when it is torpedoed by German submarine SM U-53.
- December 15, 1917 – World War I: An armistice is reached between the new Bolshevik government and the Central Powers.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- March 1, 1917 – Robert Lowell, American poet and academic (d. 1977)
- March 2, 1917 – David Goodis, American author and screenwriter (d. 1967)
- June 13, 1917 – Teddy Turner, English actor (d. 1992)
- August 13, 1917 – Sid Gordon, American baseball player (d. 1975)
- August 24, 1917 – Dennis James, American game show host and actor (d. 1997)
- August 27, 1917 – Peanuts Lowrey, American baseball player, coach, and manager (d. 1986)
- November 2, 1917 – Ann Rutherford, American actress and singer (d. 2012)
- November 24, 1917 – Howard Duff, American actor and director (d. 1990)
- November 29, 1917 – Merle Travis, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1983)
- December 9, 1917 – James Rainwater, American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1986)