The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1917
- January 23, 1917 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1917 – First demonstrations in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The beginning of the February Revolution.
- June 7, 1917 – World War I: Battle of Messines – Allied soldiers detonate ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge, killing 10,000 German troops.
- June 13, 1917 – World War I: The deadliest German air raid on London during World War I is carried out by Gotha G bombers and results in 162 deaths, including 46 children, and 432 injuries.
- June 23, 1917 – In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for punching the umpire.
- July 2, 1917 – The East St. Louis riots end.
- October 12, 1917 – World War I: The First Battle of Passchendaele takes place resulting in the largest single day loss of life in New Zealand history.
- October 15, 1917 – World War I: At Vincennes outside Paris, Dutch dancer Mata Hari is executed by firing squad for spying for the German Empire.
- October 17, 1917 – First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
- November 28, 1917 – The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
Who Were Born On 1917?
- January 3, 1917 – Albert Mol, Dutch author and actor (d. 2002)
- January 25, 1917 – Jânio Quadros, Brazilian politician; 22nd President of Brazil (d. 1992)
- February 4, 1917 – Yahya Khan, Pakistan general and politician, 3rd President of Pakistan (d. 1980)
- April 12, 1917 – Robert Manzon, French racing driver (d. 2015)
- May 16, 1917 – Ben Kuroki, American sergeant and pilot (d. 2015)
- September 18, 1917 – Phil Taylor, English footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- September 20, 1917 – Red Auerbach, American basketball player and coach (d. 2006)
- October 29, 1917 – Eddie Constantine, American-French actor and singer (d. 1993)
- December 1, 1917 – Thomas Hayward, American tenor and actor (d. 1995)
- December 21, 1917 – Diana Athill, English author