The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1918
- February 11, 1918 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 11, 1918 – The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- March 31, 1918 – Massacre of ethnic Azerbaijanis is committed by allied armed groups of Armenian Revolutionary Federation and Bolsheviks. Nearly 12,000 Azerbaijani Muslims are killed.
- August 21, 1918 – World War I: The Second Battle of the Somme begins.
- September 28, 1918 – World War I: The Fifth Battle of Ypres begins.
- October 30, 1918 – The Ottoman Empire signs an armistice with the Allies, ending the First World War in the Middle East.
- November 1, 1918 – The short-lived Banat Republic is founded.
- November 3, 1918 – Austria-Hungary enters into an armistice with the Allies, and the Habsburg-ruled empire dissolves.
- December 16, 1918 – Vincas Mickevičius-Kapsukas declares the formation of the Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic.
- December 17, 1918 – Darwin Rebellion: Up to 1,000 demonstrators march on Government House in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.
Who Were Born On 1918?
- February 4, 1918 – Luigi Pareyson, Italian philosopher and author (d. 1991)
- March 3, 1918 – Arthur Kornberg, American biochemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007)
- May 12, 1918 – Mary Kay Ash, American businesswoman, founded Mary Kay Cosmetics (d. 2001)
- May 30, 1918 – Pita Amor, Mexican poet and author (d. 2000)
- July 6, 1918 – Sebastian Cabot, English-Canadian actor and singer (d. 1977)
- August 26, 1918 – Katherine Johnson, American physicist and mathematician
- September 3, 1918 – Helen Wagner, American actress (d. 2010)
- September 26, 1918 – John Zacherle, American television host, voice actor, and singer
- October 9, 1918 – Bebo Valdés, Cuban-Swedish pianist, composer, and bandleader (d. 2013)
- October 14, 1918 – Thelma Coyne Long, Australian tennis player and captain (d. 2015)