The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1918
- January 12, 1918 – Finland’s “Mosaic Confessors” law goes into effect, making Finnish Jews full citizens.
- January 24, 1918 – The Gregorian calendar is introduced in Russia by decree of the Council of People’s Commissars effective February 14(NS)
- February 11, 1918 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1918 – The Soviet Union adopts the Gregorian calendar (on 1 February according to the Julian calendar).
- April 8, 1918 – World War I: Actors Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin sell war bonds on the streets of New York City’s financial district.
- July 21, 1918 – SMU U-156 shells Nauset Beach, in Orleans, Massachusetts.
- August 17, 1918 – Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated.
- October 28, 1918 – World War I: Czechoslovakia is granted independence from Austria-Hungary marking the beginning of an independent Czechoslovak state, after 300 years.
- November 11, 1918 – Józef Piłsudski assumes supreme military power in Poland - symbolic first day of Polish independence.
- December 28, 1918 – Constance Markievicz, while detained in Holloway prison, became the first woman to be elected MP to the British House of Commons.
Who Were Born On 1918?
- January 16, 1918 – Allan Ekelund, Swedish director, producer, and production manager (d. 2009)
- February 12, 1918 – Norman Farberow, American psychologist and academic (d. 2015)
- March 4, 1918 – Margaret Osborne duPont, American tennis player (d. 2012)
- May 28, 1918 – Johnny Wayne, Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 1990)
- June 11, 1918 – Ruth Aarons, American table tennis player and manager (d. 1980)
- July 5, 1918 – K. Karunakaran, Indian lawyer and politician, 7th Chief Minister of Kerala (d. 2010)
- August 17, 1918 – Evelyn Ankers, Chilean-American actress and singer (d. 1985)
- August 30, 1918 – Ted Williams, American baseball player and manager (d. 2002)
- September 27, 1918 – Martin Ryle, English astronomer and author, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
- November 3, 1918 – Bob Feller, American sailor, baseball player, and sportscaster (d. 2010)