The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this White Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1918
- January 17, 1918 – Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
- February 11, 1918 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1918 – The last Carolina parakeet dies in captivity at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- March 30, 1918 – Outburst of bloody March Events in Baku and other locations of Baku Governorate.
- April 20, 1918 – Manfred von Richthofen, a.k.a. The Red Baron, shoots down his 79th and 80th victims, his final victories before his death the following day.
- July 4, 1918 – World War I: The Battle of Hamel, a successful attack by the Australian Corps against German positions near the town of Le Hamel on the Western Front.
- July 15, 1918 – World War I: The Second Battle of the Marne begins near the River Marne with a German attack.
- August 31, 1918 – World War I: Start of the Battle of Mont Saint-Quentin, a successful assault by the Australian Corps during the Hundred Days Offensive.
- September 15, 1918 – World War I:The Battle of Dobro Pole is fought, Entente troops break through the Bulgarian defenses on the Macedonian Front eventually liberating Vardar Macedonia and forcing Bulgaria to sign the Armistice of Salonica.
- December 28, 1918 – Constance Markievicz, while detained in Holloway prison, became the first woman to be elected MP to the British House of Commons.
Who Were Born On 1918?
- January 9, 1918 – Alma Ziegler, American baseball player and golfer (d. 2005)
- February 13, 1918 – Patty Berg, American golfer and lieutenant (d. 2006)
- April 8, 1918 – Betty Ford, American wife of Gerald R. Ford, 40th First Lady of the United States (d. 2011)
- April 18, 1918 – Shinobu Hashimoto, Japanese director, producer, and screenwriter
- April 25, 1918 – Gérard de Vaucouleurs, French-American astronomer and academic (d. 1995)
- May 28, 1918 – Johnny Wayne, Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 1990)
- July 15, 1918 – Bertram Brockhouse, Canadian physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003)
- November 11, 1918 – Stubby Kaye, American actor and singer (d. 1997)
- November 22, 1918 – Claiborne Pell, American captain and politician (d. 2009)
- December 15, 1918 – Jeff Chandler, American actor and singer (d. 1961)