The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1918
- January 9, 1918 – Battle of Bear Valley: The last battle of the American Indian Wars.
- January 28, 1918 – Finnish Civil War: Rebels seize control of the capital, Helsinki, and members of the Senate of Finland go underground.
- February 11, 1918 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 23, 1918 – First World War: On the third day of the German Spring Offensive, the 10th Battalion of the Royal West Kent Regiment is annihilated with many of the men becoming prisoners of war
- April 9, 1918 – The National Council of Bessarabia proclaims union with the Kingdom of Romania.
- May 11, 1918 – The Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus is officially established.
- July 4, 1918 – World War I: The Battle of Hamel, a successful attack by the Australian Corps against German positions near the town of Le Hamel on the Western Front.
- October 12, 1918 – A massive forest fire kills 453 people in Minnesota.
- November 18, 1918 – Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- December 1, 1918 – Transylvania unites with the Kingdom of Romania, following the incorporation of Bessarabia (March 27) and Bukovina (November 28), thus concluding the Great Union.
Who Were Born On 1918?
- January 10, 1918 – Harry Merkel, German racing driver (d. 1995)
- March 2, 1918 – Michael Rye, American actor (d. 2012)
- March 13, 1918 – Grigory Pomerants, Russian philosopher and author (d. 2013)
- March 28, 1918 – Edward Amy, Canadian soldier (d. 2011)
- April 8, 1918 – Glendon Swarthout, American author and academic (d. 1992)
- April 23, 1918 – Maurice Druon, French author and screenwriter (d. 2009)
- August 4, 1918 – Iceberg Slim, American pimp and author (d. 1992)
- August 5, 1918 – Betty Oliphant, English-Canadian ballerina, co-founded the Canada’s National Ballet School (d. 2004)
- October 2, 1918 – Herb Voland, American actor (d. 1981)
- October 9, 1918 – E. Howard Hunt, American CIA officer and author (d. 2007)