The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1919
- February 1, 1919 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 17, 1919 – The Ukrainian People’s Republic asks Entente and the US for help fighting the Bolsheviks.
- April 13, 1919 – The establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- May 15, 1919 – The Winnipeg General Strike begins. By 11:00, almost the whole working population of Winnipeg had walked off the job.
- June 6, 1919 – The Republic of Prekmurje ends.
- June 15, 1919 – John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete the first nonstop transatlantic flight when they reach Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.
- July 21, 1919 – The dirigible Wingfoot Air Express crashes into the Illinois Trust and Savings Building in Chicago, killing 12 people.
- September 22, 1919 – The steel strike of 1919, led by the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers, begins in Pennsylvania before spreading across the United States.
- October 17, 1919 – RCA is incorporated as the Radio Corporation of America.
- December 17, 1919 – Uruguay becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Who Were Born On 1919?
- January 3, 1919 – Dorothy Morrison, American actress
- April 17, 1919 – Chavela Vargas, Costa Rican-Mexican singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2012)
- May 1, 1919 – Lewis Hill, American broadcaster, co-founded Pacifica Radio (d. 1957)
- June 21, 1919 – Vladimir Simagin, Russian chess player and coach (d. 1968)
- July 24, 1919 – Robert Marsden Hope, Australian lawyer and judge (d. 1999)
- September 14, 1919 – Kay Medford, American actress (d. 1980)
- September 16, 1919 – Andy Russell, American singer and actor (d. 1992)
- October 15, 1919 – Chuck Stevenson, American racing driver (d. 1995)
- November 5, 1919 – Hasan Askari, Pakistani linguist, scholar, and critic (d. 1978)
- December 25, 1919 – Paul David, Canadian cardiologist and politician, founded the Montreal Heart Institute (d. 1999)