The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1919
- February 1, 1919 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1919 – German socialist Kurt Eisner is assassinated. His death results in the establishment of the Bavarian Soviet Republic and parliament and government fleeing Munich, Germany.
- April 6, 1919 – Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi orders a general strike.
- April 13, 1919 – Eugene V. Debs is imprisoned at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- May 29, 1919 – The Republic of Prekmurje is founded.
- June 11, 1919 – Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the U.S. Triple Crown.
- June 21, 1919 – The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fire a volley into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two, during the Winnipeg General Strike.
- August 19, 1919 – Afghanistan gains full independence from the United Kingdom.
- December 3, 1919 – After nearly 20 years of planning and construction, including two collapses causing 89 deaths, the Quebec Bridge opens to traffic.
- December 17, 1919 – Uruguay becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Who Were Born On 1919?
- February 20, 1919 – James O'Meara, English soldier and pilot (d. 1974)
- March 2, 1919 – Eddie Lawrence, American actor, singer, and playwright (d. 2014)
- April 3, 1919 – Clairette Oddera, French-Canadian actress and singer (d. 2008)
- April 13, 1919 – Howard Keel, American actor and singer (d. 2004)
- April 18, 1919 – Vondell Darr, American actress (d. 2012)
- May 23, 1919 – Gayatri Devi, English-Indian wife of Prince Jagat Singh (d. 2009)
- July 19, 1919 – Miltos Sachtouris, Greek poet and author (d. 2005)
- September 24, 1919 – Dayton Allen, American actor (d. 2004)
- October 11, 1919 – Art Blakey, American drummer and bandleader (d. 1990)
- October 15, 1919 – Malcolm Ross, American captain, balloonist, and physicist (d. 1985)