The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1919
- January 16, 1919 – Temperance movement: The United States ratifies the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, authorizing Prohibition in the United States one year after ratification.
- January 18, 1919 – Bentley Motors Limited is founded.
- January 21, 1919 – Meeting of the First Dáil Éireann in the Mansion House Dublin. Sinn Féin adopts Ireland’s first constitution. The first engagement of Irish War of Independence, Sologhead Beg, County Tipperary.
- February 1, 1919 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1919 – The Staatliches Bauhaus school is founded by Walter Gropius in Weimar.
- April 19, 1919 – Leslie Irvin of the United States makes the first successful voluntary free-fall parachute jump using a new kind of self-contained parachute.
- October 9, 1919 – Black Sox Scandal: The Cincinnati Reds win the World Series.
- October 17, 1919 – RCA is incorporated as the Radio Corporation of America.
- November 11, 1919 – The Centralia Massacre in Centralia, Washington results the deaths of four members of the American Legion and the lynching of a local leader of the Industrial Workers of the World.
- December 3, 1919 – After nearly 20 years of planning and construction, including two collapses causing 89 deaths, the Quebec Bridge opens to traffic.
Who Were Born On 1919?
- March 17, 1919 – Nat King Cole, American singer, pianist, and television host (d. 1965)
- March 19, 1919 – Lennie Tristano, American pianist, composer, and educator (d. 1978)
- March 30, 1919 – Robin M. Williams, New Zealand mathematician and academic (d. 2013)
- April 29, 1919 – Gérard Oury, French actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 2006)
- May 17, 1919 – Antonio Aguilar, Mexican singer-songwriter, producer, actor, and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- June 12, 1919 – Uta Hagen, German-American actress and educator (d. 2004)
- July 3, 1919 – Cecil FitzMaurice, 8th Earl of Orkney (d. 1998)
- August 18, 1919 – Wally Hickel, American businessman and politician, 2nd Governor of Alaska (d. 2010)
- August 24, 1919 – Enrique Llanes, Mexican wrestler (d. 2004)
- October 22, 1919 – Doris Lessing, Iranian-English author, poet, and playwright, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013)