The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UWIXUUHVHD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UWIXUUHVHD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1920
- February 20, 1920 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 30, 1920 – Peru becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- May 7, 1920 – The Art Gallery of Ontario, in Toronto, opens the first exhibition by the Group of Seven.
- July 12, 1920 – The Soviet–Lithuanian Peace Treaty is signed. Soviet Russia recognizes independent Lithuania.
- July 29, 1920 – Construction of the Link River Dam begins as part of the Klamath Reclamation Project.
- August 31, 1920 – Polish–Soviet War: A decisive Polish victory in the Battle of Komarów.
- September 7, 1920 – Two newly purchased Savoia flying boats crash in the Swiss Alps en route to Finland where they would serve with the Finnish Air Force, killing both crews.
- October 10, 1920 – The Carinthian plebiscite determines that the larger part of the Duchy of Carinthia should remain part of Austria.
- November 28, 1920 – Irish War of Independence: Kilmichael Ambush – The Irish Republican Army ambush a convoy of British Auxiliaries and kill seventeen.
- December 19, 1920 – King Constantine I is restored as King of the Hellenes after the death of his son Alexander of Greece and a plebiscite.
Who Were Born On 1920?
- January 20, 1920 – DeForest Kelley, American actor, singer, and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- February 10, 1920 – José Manuel Castañón, Spanish lawyer and author (d. 2001)
- February 19, 1920 – C. Z. Guest, American actress, fashion designer, and author (d. 2003)
- February 28, 1920 – Zaim Topčić, Yugoslav and Bosnian writer (d. 1990)
- March 14, 1920 – Dorothy Tyler-Odam, English high jumper (d. 2014)
- March 27, 1920 – Richard Hayman, American harmonica player, conductor, and composer (d. 2014)
- May 26, 1920 – Peggy Lee, American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2002)
- June 29, 1920 – Nicole Russell, Duchess of Bedford (d. 2012)
- July 1, 1920 – Harold Sakata, American wrestler and actor (d. 1982)
- September 7, 1920 – Al Caiola, American guitarist and composer