The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1927
- January 1, 1927 – The Cristero War begins in Mexico.
- February 2, 1927 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1927 – U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs a bill by Congress establishing the Federal Radio Commission (later replaced by the Federal Communications Commission) which was to regulate the use of radio frequencies in the United States.
- April 12, 1927 – Shanghai massacre of 1927: Chiang Kai-shek orders the Communist Party of China members executed in Shanghai, ending the First United Front.
- May 8, 1927 – Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- May 27, 1927 – The Ford Motor Company ceases manufacture of the Ford Model T and begins to retool plants to make the Ford Model A.
- July 4, 1927 – First flight of the Lockheed Vega.
- November 13, 1927 – The Holland Tunnel opens to traffic as the first Hudson River vehicle tunnel linking New Jersey to New York City.
- November 21, 1927 – Columbine Mine massacre: Striking coal miners are allegedly attacked with machine guns by a detachment of state police dressed in civilian clothes.
- December 16, 1927 – Donald Bradman makes his debut in first-class cricket for New South Wales against South Australia. Batting at No. 7, he scores a century.
Who Were Born On 1927?
- March 16, 1927 – Ruby Braff, American trumpet player and cornet player (d. 2003)
- August 10, 1927 – Jimmy Martin, American singer and guitarist (d. 2005)
- August 15, 1927 – Eddie Leadbeater, English cricketer (d. 2011)
- September 12, 1927 – Freddie Jones, English actor
- November 12, 1927 – František Šťastný, Czech motorcycle racer (d. 2000)
- November 17, 1927 – Robert Drasnin, American clarinet player and composer (d. 2015)
- November 23, 1927 – John Cole, Irish-English journalist and author (d. 2013)
- December 16, 1927 – Peter Dickinson, English author and poet
- December 25, 1927 – Nellie Fox, American baseball player and coach (d. 1975)
- December 26, 1927 – Alan King, American actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2004)