The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1927
- February 2, 1927 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 12, 1927 – Rocksprings, Texas was hit by an F5 tornado that destroyed 235 of the 247 buildings in the town and killed 72 townspeople and injured 205; third deadliest tornado in Texas history.
- April 23, 1927 – Cardiff City defeat Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, the only time it has been won by a team not based in England.
- July 16, 1927 – Augusto César Sandino leads a raid on U.S. Marines and Nicaraguan Guardia Nacional that had been sent to apprehend him in the village of Ocotal, but is repulsed by one of the first dive-bombing attacks in history.
- August 1, 1927 – The Nanchang Uprising marks the first significant battle in the Chinese Civil War between the Kuomintang and Chinese Communist Party. This day is commemorated as the anniversary of the founding of the People’s Liberation Army.
- August 7, 1927 – The Peace Bridge opens between Fort Erie, Ontario and Buffalo, New York.
- October 22, 1927 – Nikola Tesla introduces six new inventions including a motor with onephase electricity
- October 25, 1927 – The Italian luxury liner SS Principessa Mafalda sinks off the coast of Brazil, killing 314.
- December 27, 1927 – Show Boat, considered to be the first true American musical play, opens at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Broadway.
- December 30, 1927 – The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
Who Were Born On 1927?
- January 4, 1927 – Paul Desmarais, Canadian businessman and philanthropist (d. 2013)
- January 24, 1927 – Marvin Kaplan, American actor
- March 2, 1927 – Roger Walkowiak, French cyclist and economist
- April 1, 1927 – Walter Bahr, American soccer player, coach, and manager
- May 1, 1927 – Gary Bertini, Israeli conductor and composer (d. 2005)
- September 16, 1927 – Sadako Ogata, Japanese academic and diplomat, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- November 20, 1927 – Ed Freeman, American soldier and pilot, Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2008)
- November 23, 1927 – John Cole, Irish-English journalist and author (d. 2013)
- December 29, 1927 – Andy Stanfield, American sprinter (d. 1985)