The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1927
- January 2, 1927 – Angered by the anti-clerical provisions of the Mexican Constitution of 1917, Catholic rebels in Mexico rebelled against the government.
- February 2, 1927 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 23, 1927 – Cardiff City defeat Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, the only time it has been won by a team not based in England.
- April 30, 1927 – The Federal Industrial Institute for Women opens in Alderson, West Virginia, as the first women’s federal prison in the United States.
- May 8, 1927 – Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- August 16, 1927 – The Dole Air Race begins from Oakland, California, to Honolulu, Hawaii, during which six out of the eight participating planes crash or disappear.
- October 6, 1927 – Opening of The Jazz Singer, the first prominent talking movie.
- December 2, 1927 – Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Model A as its new automobile.
- December 27, 1927 – Show Boat, considered to be the first true American musical play, opens at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Broadway.
- December 30, 1927 – The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
Who Were Born On 1927?
- January 23, 1927 – Jack Quinlan, American sportscaster (d. 1965)
- February 19, 1927 – Philippe Boiry, French journalist (d. 2014)
- March 27, 1927 – Mstislav Rostropovich, Russian cellist and conductor (d. 2007)
- April 2, 1927 – Billy Pierce, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2015)
- July 9, 1927 – Ed Ames, American singer and actor (Ames Brothers)
- July 26, 1927 – Gulabrai Ramchand, Indian cricketer (d. 2003)
- July 28, 1927 – John Ashbery, American poet and academic
- September 15, 1927 – David Stove, Australian philosopher and academic (d. 1994)
- November 10, 1927 – Sabah, Lebanese singer and actress (d. 2014)
- December 13, 1927 – James Wright, American poet and academic (d. 1980)