The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Choco Blue Velvet? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1927
- February 2, 1927 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1927 – German theoretical physicist Werner Heisenberg writes a letter to fellow physicist Wolfgang Pauli, in which he describes his uncertainty principle for the first time.
- March 15, 1927 – The first Women’s Boat Race between the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge takes place on The Isis in Oxford.
- April 15, 1927 – The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, the most destructive river flood in U.S. history, begins.
- May 18, 1927 – After being founded for 20 years, the Government of the Republic of China approves Tongji University to be among the first national universities of the Republic of China.
- June 26, 1927 – The Cyclone roller coaster opens on Coney Island.
- September 30, 1927 – Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 60 home runs in a season.
- December 11, 1927 – Guangzhou Uprising: Communist Red Guards launch an uprising in Guangzhou, China, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.
- December 16, 1927 – Donald Bradman makes his debut in first-class cricket for New South Wales against South Australia. Batting at No. 7, he scores a century.
- December 27, 1927 – Show Boat, considered to be the first true American musical play, opens at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Broadway.
Who Were Born On 1927?
- February 19, 1927 – Philippe Boiry, French journalist (d. 2014)
- March 10, 1927 – Claude Laydu, Belgian-French actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- April 8, 1927 – Ollie Mitchell, American trumpet player and bandleader (The Wrecking Crew) (d. 2013)
- July 31, 1927 – Peter Nichols, English author and playwright
- August 11, 1927 – Raymond Leppard, English harpsichord player and conductor
- August 24, 1927 – Anjali Devi, Indian actress and producer (d. 2014)
- September 4, 1927 – John McCarthy, American computer scientist and academic (d. 2011)
- September 10, 1927 – Johnny Keating, Scottish trombonist, composer, and producer (d. 2015)
- October 27, 1927 – Dominick Argento, American composer and educator
- December 25, 1927 – Leo Kubiak, American basketball and baseball player