The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1926 – History of Rocketry: Robert Goddard launches the first liquid-fueled rocket, at Auburn, Massachusetts.
- April 20, 1926 – Western Electric and Warner Bros. announce Vitaphone, a process to add sound to film.
- April 24, 1926 – The Treaty of Berlin is signed. Germany and the Soviet Union each pledge neutrality in the event of an attack on the other by a third party for the next five years.
- August 6, 1926 – Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- October 31, 1926 – Magician Harry Houdini dies of gangrene and peritonitis that develops after his appendix ruptures.
- November 11, 1926 – The United States Numbered Highway System, including U.S. Route 66, is established.
- November 15, 1926 – The NBC radio network opens with 24 stations.
- November 18, 1926 – George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize.”
- December 17, 1926 – Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 2, 1926 – Howard Caine, American actor (d. 1993)
- January 20, 1926 – David Tudor, American pianist and composer (d. 1996)
- February 24, 1926 – John Gunther Dean, German-American diplomat
- February 26, 1926 – Doris Belack, American actress (d. 2011)
- March 2, 1926 – Murray Rothbard, American economist and historian (d. 1995)
- June 18, 1926 – Tom Wicker, American journalist and author (d. 2011)
- June 30, 1926 – Paul Berg, American biochemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- September 21, 1926 – Don Dunstan, Fijian-Australian lawyer and politician, 35th Premier of South Australia (d. 1999)
- November 19, 1926 – Barry Reckord, Jamaican playwright and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- December 13, 1926 – George Rhoden, Jamaican runner