The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 4, 1926 – The United Kingdom general strike begins.
- May 12, 1926 – General Strike: In the United Kingdom, a nine-day general strike by trade unions ends.
- June 23, 1926 – The College Board administers the first SAT exam.
- August 6, 1926 – Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- September 8, 1926 – Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- October 24, 1926 – Harry Houdini’s last performance takes place at the Garrick Theatre in Detroit.
- November 18, 1926 – George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize.”
- December 25, 1926 – Emperor Taishō of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito, succeeds him as Emperor Shōwa.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 27, 1926 – Ingrid Thulin, Swedish actress and director (d. 2004)
- March 29, 1926 – Moshe Sanbar, Hungarian-Israeli banker and economist (d. 2012)
- April 2, 1926 – Rudra Rajasingham, Sri Lankan police officer and diplomat (d. 2006)
- April 6, 1926 – Gil Kane, Latvian-American author and illustrator (d. 2000)
- May 14, 1926 – Eric Morecambe, English actor and singer (d. 1984)
- August 27, 1926 – Pat Coombs, English actress (d. 2002)
- September 3, 1926 – Irene Papas, Greek actress and singer
- September 17, 1926 – Bill Black, American bass player and bandleader (The Blue Moon Boys) (d. 1965)
- October 13, 1926 – Tommy Whittle, Scottish-English saxophonist (d. 2013)
- November 17, 1926 – Robert Brown, American actor