The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1926 – El Virilla train accident, Costa Rica: A train falls off a bridge over the Río Virilla between Heredia and Tibás. 248 are killed and 93 wounded.
- April 6, 1926 – Varney Airlines makes its first commercial flight (Varney is the root company of United Airlines).
- April 24, 1926 – The Treaty of Berlin is signed. Germany and the Soviet Union each pledge neutrality in the event of an attack on the other by a third party for the next five years.
- May 4, 1926 – The United Kingdom general strike begins.
- May 12, 1926 – General Strike: In the United Kingdom, a nine-day general strike by trade unions ends.
- October 22, 1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker punches magician Harry Houdini in the stomach in Montreal, precipitating his death.
- October 31, 1926 – Magician Harry Houdini dies of gangrene and peritonitis that develops after his appendix ruptures.
- December 17, 1926 – Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
- December 25, 1926 – Emperor Taishō of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito, succeeds him as Emperor Shōwa.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 22, 1926 – Aurèle Nicolet, Swiss flautist
- March 25, 1926 – Jaime Sabines, Mexican poet and politician (d. 1999)
- April 26, 1926 – J. B. Hutto, American singer and guitarist (d. 1983)
- May 14, 1926 – Eric Morecambe, English actor and singer (d. 1984)
- August 4, 1926 – Perry Moss, American football player and coach (d. 2014)
- August 19, 1926 – Angus Scrimm, American actor and author
- October 2, 1926 – Jan Morris, English-Welsh historian and author
- October 25, 1926 – Galina Vishnevskaya, Russian soprano and actress (d. 2012)
- November 7, 1926 – Joan Sutherland, Australian-Swiss soprano and actress (d. 2010)
- November 20, 1926 – John Gardner, English soldier and author (d. 2007)