The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1926 – El Virilla train accident, Costa Rica: A train falls off a bridge over the Río Virilla between Heredia and Tibás. 248 are killed and 93 wounded.
- April 20, 1926 – Western Electric and Warner Bros. announce Vitaphone, a process to add sound to film.
- May 9, 1926 – Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- May 28, 1926 – The 28 May 1926 coup d'état: Ditadura Nacional is established in Portugal to suppress the unrest of the First Republic.
- June 28, 1926 – Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
- October 22, 1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker punches magician Harry Houdini in the stomach in Montreal, precipitating his death.
- November 18, 1926 – George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize.”
- November 25, 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving Day. Twenty-seven twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- December 25, 1926 – Emperor Taishō of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito, succeeds him as Emperor Shōwa.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- March 10, 1926 – Jimmy Payne, English footballer (d. 2013)
- April 6, 1926 – Ian Paisley, Northern Irish evangelical minister and politician, 2nd First Minister of Northern Ireland (d. 2014)
- April 17, 1926 – Joan Lorring, Hong Kong-American actress and singer (d. 2014)
- April 22, 1926 – James Stirling, Scottish architect, designed the Staatsgalerie Stuttgart and Seeley Historical Library (d. 1992)
- July 15, 1926 – Driss Chraïbi, Moroccan-French journalist and author (d. 2007)
- July 21, 1926 – Rahimuddin Khan, Pakistani general and politician, 7th Governor of Balochistan
- September 16, 1926 – Tommy Bond, American actor and singer (d. 2005)
- September 25, 1926 – Aldo Ray, American actor (d. 1991)
- October 21, 1926 – Leonard Rossiter, English actor (d. 1984)
- December 31, 1926 – Billy Snedden, Australian lawyer and politician, 17th Attorney-General for Australia (d. 1987)