The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 9, 1926 – Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- May 12, 1926 – The Italian-built airship Norge becomes the first vessel to fly over the North Pole.
- May 28, 1926 – The 28 May 1926 coup d'état: Ditadura Nacional is established in Portugal to suppress the unrest of the First Republic.
- June 23, 1926 – The College Board administers the first SAT exam.
- June 28, 1926 – Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
- June 29, 1926 – Arthur Meighen returns to office as Prime Minister of Canada.
- August 20, 1926 – Japan’s public broadcasting company, Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai (NHK) is established.
- November 11, 1926 – The United States Numbered Highway System, including U.S. Route 66, is established.
- December 25, 1926 – Emperor Taishō of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito, succeeds him as Emperor Shōwa.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 6, 1926 – Pat Flaherty, American race car driver (d. 2002)
- January 12, 1926 – Ray Price, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
- February 2, 1926 – Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, French academic and politician, 20th President of France
- February 4, 1926 – Gyula Grosics, Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 2014)
- May 5, 1926 – Ann B. Davis, American actress and singer (d. 2014)
- August 11, 1926 – Claus von Bülow, Danish-English lawyer
- August 12, 1926 – John Derek, American actor, director, and cinematographer (d. 1998)
- August 15, 1926 – Konstantinos Stephanopoulos, Greek lawyer and politician, 6th President of Greece
- September 18, 1926 – Joe Kubert, American author and illustrator, founded The Kubert School (d. 2012)
- September 19, 1926 – Masatoshi Koshiba, Japanese physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate