The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- January 12, 1926 – Original Sam ‘n’Henry aired on Chicago radio later renamed Amos ‘n’Andy in 1928.
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1926 – History of Rocketry: Robert Goddard launches the first liquid-fueled rocket, at Auburn, Massachusetts.
- May 12, 1926 – The Italian-built airship Norge becomes the first vessel to fly over the North Pole.
- May 25, 1926 – Sholom Schwartzbard assassinates Symon Petliura, the head of the government of the Ukrainian People’s Republic, which is in government-in-exile in Paris.
- August 6, 1926 – In New York City, the Warner Bros.' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
- August 20, 1926 – Japan’s public broadcasting company, Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai (NHK) is established.
- September 25, 1926 – The international Convention to Suppress the Slave Trade and Slavery is first signed.
- November 25, 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving Day. Twenty-seven twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- December 17, 1926 – Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- March 8, 1926 – Francisco Rabal, Spanish-French actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 2001)
- April 2, 1926 – Jack Brabham, Australian race car driver (d. 2014)
- April 11, 1926 – David Manker Abshire, American commander and diplomat, United States Permanent Representative to NATO (d. 2014)
- August 1, 1926 – Theo Adam, German opera singer
- September 6, 1926 – Maurice Prather, American photographer and director (d. 2001)
- September 10, 1926 – Khin Maung Kyi, Burmese economist and scholar (d. 2013)
- September 21, 1926 – Don Dunstan, Fijian-Australian lawyer and politician, 35th Premier of South Australia (d. 1999)
- November 1, 1926 – Stephen Antonakos, Greek-American sculptor (d. 2013)
- December 7, 1926 – Leon Kossoff, English painter