The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- January 12, 1926 – Original Sam ‘n’Henry aired on Chicago radio later renamed Amos ‘n’Andy in 1928.
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1926 – El Virilla train accident, Costa Rica: A train falls off a bridge over the Río Virilla between Heredia and Tibás. 248 are killed and 93 wounded.
- April 24, 1926 – The Treaty of Berlin is signed. Germany and the Soviet Union each pledge neutrality in the event of an attack on the other by a third party for the next five years.
- June 23, 1926 – The College Board administers the first SAT exam.
- June 28, 1926 – Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
- August 6, 1926 – In New York City, the Warner Bros.' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
- October 14, 1926 – The children’s book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne, is first published.
- November 18, 1926 – George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize.”
- December 17, 1926 – Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 1, 1926 – Kazys Petkevičius, Lithuanian basketball player and coach (d. 2008)
- January 16, 1926 – O. P. Nayyar, Indian director and composer (d. 2007)
- April 25, 1926 – Johnny Craig, American author and illustrator (d. 2001)
- April 29, 1926 – Elmer Kelton, American journalist and author (d. 2009)
- May 18, 1926 – Dirch Passer, Danish actor, singer, and producer (d. 1980)
- August 6, 1926 – Norman Wexler, American screenwriter (d. 1999)
- August 22, 1926 – Marc Bohan, French fashion designer
- October 13, 1926 – Ray Brown, American bassist and cellist (d. 2002)
- October 17, 1926 – Roberto Lippi, Italian race car driver (d. 2011)
- December 23, 1926 – Robert Bly, American poet and author