The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1926 – El Virilla train accident, Costa Rica: A train falls off a bridge over the Río Virilla between Heredia and Tibás. 248 are killed and 93 wounded.
- April 24, 1926 – The Treaty of Berlin is signed. Germany and the Soviet Union each pledge neutrality in the event of an attack on the other by a third party for the next five years.
- May 9, 1926 – Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- May 22, 1926 – Chiang Kai-shek replaces communists in Kuomintang, China.
- July 23, 1926 – Fox Film buys the patents of the Movietone sound system for recording sound onto film.
- August 6, 1926 – Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- September 8, 1926 – Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- October 14, 1926 – The children’s book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne, is first published.
- December 17, 1926 – Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- February 8, 1926 – Neal Cassady, American author and poet (d. 1968)
- March 18, 1926 – Peter Graves, American actor and director (d. 2010)
- April 11, 1926 – David Manker Abshire, American commander and diplomat, United States Permanent Representative to NATO (d. 2014)
- April 21, 1926 – Elizabeth II of The United Kingdom
- April 25, 1926 – Gertrude Fröhlich-Sandner, Austrian politician (d. 2008)
- July 8, 1926 – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, Swiss-American psychiatrist and author (d. 2004)
- August 12, 1926 – Joe Jones, American singer-songwriter (d. 2005)
- September 16, 1926 – John Knowles, American soldier and author (d. 2001)
- December 17, 1926 – Patrice Wymore, American-Jamaican actress and singer (d. 2014)