The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1926 – El Virilla train accident, Costa Rica: A train falls off a bridge over the Río Virilla between Heredia and Tibás. 248 are killed and 93 wounded.
- May 4, 1926 – The United Kingdom general strike begins.
- May 9, 1926 – Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- May 12, 1926 – The Italian-built airship Norge becomes the first vessel to fly over the North Pole.
- June 23, 1926 – The College Board administers the first SAT exam.
- October 31, 1926 – Magician Harry Houdini dies of gangrene and peritonitis that develops after his appendix ruptures.
- November 15, 1926 – The NBC radio network opens with 24 stations.
- November 25, 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving Day. Twenty-seven twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- December 25, 1926 – Emperor Taishō of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito, succeeds him as Emperor Shōwa.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- January 3, 1926 – Felicitas Kuhn, Austrian illustrator
- March 4, 1926 – Pascual Pérez, Argentinian boxer (d. 1977)
- April 10, 1926 – Junior Samples, American actor (d. 1983)
- May 17, 1926 – Cicely Berry, English actor and director
- June 1, 1926 – Marilyn Monroe, American model, actress, and singer (d. 1962)
- August 17, 1926 – Jiang Zemin, Chinese engineer and politician, 5th President of the People’s Republic of China
- September 14, 1926 – Richard Ellsasser, American organist, composer, and conductor (d. 1972)
- September 25, 1926 – Aldo Ray, American actor (d. 1991)
- November 15, 1926 – Thomas Williams, American author and academic (d. 1990)