The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1926
- February 13, 1926 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 12, 1926 – The Italian-built airship Norge becomes the first vessel to fly over the North Pole.
- May 22, 1926 – Chiang Kai-shek replaces communists in Kuomintang, China.
- June 14, 1926 – Brazil leaves the League of Nations
- August 5, 1926 – Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- September 8, 1926 – Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- October 24, 1926 – Harry Houdini’s last performance takes place at the Garrick Theatre in Detroit.
- October 31, 1926 – Magician Harry Houdini dies of gangrene and peritonitis that develops after his appendix ruptures.
- November 11, 1926 – The United States Numbered Highway System, including U.S. Route 66, is established.
- November 25, 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving Day. Twenty-seven twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
Who Were Born On 1926?
- February 27, 1926 – David H. Hubel, Canadian-American neurophysiologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013)
- February 28, 1926 – Erol Taş, Turkish actor (d. 1998)
- March 11, 1926 – Ralph Abernathy, American minister and activist (d. 1990)
- March 27, 1926 – Louis Blom-Cooper, English lawyer, author, and academic
- June 20, 1926 – Rehavam Ze'evi, Israeli general and politician, 9th Israeli Minister of Tourism (d. 2001)
- August 17, 1926 – Valerie Eliot, English businesswoman (d. 2012)
- August 30, 1926 – Daryl Gates, American police officer, created the D.A.R.E. Program (d. 2010)
- September 23, 1926 – Jimmy Woode, American bassist (Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band) (d. 2005)
- October 30, 1926 – Jacques Swaters, Belgian race car driver (d. 2010)
- November 26, 1926 – Rabi Ray, Indian politician, 10th Speaker of the Lok Sabha