The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1929
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 6, 1929 – Huey P. Long, Governor of Louisiana, is impeached by the Louisiana House of Representatives.
- April 8, 1929 – Indian independence movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- May 31, 1929 – The first talking Mickey Mouse cartoon, “The Karnival Kid”, is released.
- June 8, 1929 – Margaret Bondfield is appointed Minister of Labour. She is the first woman appointed to the Cabinet of the United Kingdom.
- August 23, 1929 – Hebron Massacre during the 1929 Palestine riots: Arab attack on the Jewish community in Hebron in the British Mandate of Palestine, continuing until the next day, resulted in the death of 65–68 Jews and the remaining Jews being forced to leave the city.
- September 7, 1929 – Steamer SS Kuru capsizes and sinks on Lake Näsijärvi near Tampere in Finland. 136 lives are lost.
- October 23, 1929 – Great Depression: After a steady decline in stock market prices since a peak in September, the New York Stock Exchange begins to show signs of panic.
- October 28, 1929 – Black Monday, a day in the Wall Street Crash of 1929, which also saw major stock market upheaval.
- December 27, 1929 – Soviet General Secretary Joseph Stalin orders the “liquidation of the kulaks as a class”, ostensibly as an effort to spread socialism to the countryside.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- March 27, 1929 – Rita Briggs, American baseball player (d. 1994)
- March 28, 1929 – Paul England, Australian race car driver and engineer (d. 2014)
- March 29, 1929 – Utpal Dutt, Indian actor, director, and playwright (d. 1993)
- April 6, 1929 – Willis Hall, English playwright and author (d. 2005)
- May 2, 1929 – Eddie Garcia, Filipino actor and director
- May 19, 1929 – Helmut Braunlich, German-American violinist and composer (d. 2013)
- May 28, 1929 – Patrick McNair-Wilson, English politician
- September 11, 1929 – Patrick Mayhew, Baron Mayhew of Twysden, English lawyer and politician, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- October 1, 1929 – Grady Chapman, American singer (The Robins) (d. 2011)
- October 12, 1929 – Magnus Magnusson, Icelandic-Scottish journalist and academic (d. 2007)