The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 1, 1929 – The former municipalities of Point Grey, British Columbia and South Vancouver, British Columbia are amalgamated into Vancouver.
- January 6, 1929 – King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- January 17, 1929 – Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- June 21, 1929 – An agreement brokered by U.S. Ambassador Dwight Whitney Morrow ends the Cristero War in Mexico.
- August 16, 1929 – The 1929 Palestine riots break out in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Arabs and Jews and continue until the end of the month. In total, 133 Jews and 116 Arabs are killed.
- October 28, 1929 – Black Monday, a day in the Wall Street Crash of 1929, which also saw major stock market upheaval.
- November 7, 1929 – In New York City, the Museum of Modern Art opens to the public.
- November 29, 1929 – U.S. Admiral Richard E. Byrd leads the first expedition to fly over the South Pole.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- February 6, 1929 – Colin Murdoch, New Zealand pharmacist, invented the tranquilliser gun (d. 2008)
- April 7, 1929 – Joe Gallo, American gangster (d. 1972)
- July 31, 1929 – Don Murray, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- August 6, 1929 – Roch La Salle, Canadian politician, 42nd Canadian Minister of Public Works (d. 2007)
- August 22, 1929 – Valery Alekseyev, Russian anthropologist and author (d. 1991)
- August 30, 1929 – Guy de Lussigny, French painter and sculptor (d. 2001)
- September 3, 1929 – Steve Rickard, New Zealand-Australian wrestler, trainer, and promoter (d. 2015)
- September 17, 1929 – Sil Austin, American saxophonist (d. 2001)
- November 14, 1929 – Jimmy Piersall, American baseball player and sportscaster
- December 17, 1929 – Jacqueline Hill, English actress (d. 1993)