The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Colleen’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 1, 1929 – The former municipalities of Point Grey, British Columbia and South Vancouver, British Columbia are amalgamated into Vancouver.
- January 6, 1929 – King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1929 – President Calvin Coolidge signs an Executive Order establishing the 96,000 acre Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
- April 8, 1929 – Indian independence movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- June 7, 1929 – The Lateran Treaty is ratified, bringing Vatican City into existence.
- August 11, 1929 – Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.
- September 25, 1929 – Jimmy Doolittle performs the first blind flight from Mitchel Field proving that full instrument flying from take off to landing is possible.
- October 3, 1929 – The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, “Land of the South Slavs”.
- October 18, 1929 – The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council overrules the Supreme Court of Canada in Edwards v. Canada when it declares that women are considered “Persons” under Canadian law.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- January 6, 1929 – Babrak Karmal, Afghan politician (d. 1996)
- March 4, 1929 – Darrett B. Rutman, American historian and academic (d. 1997)
- June 13, 1929 – Alan Civil, English horn player (d. 1989)
- July 26, 1929 – Alexis Weissenberg, Bulgarian-French pianist and educator (d. 2012)
- August 8, 1929 – Ronnie Biggs, English criminal (d. 2013)
- August 16, 1929 – Bill Evans, American pianist and composer (d. 1980)
- August 18, 1929 – Hugues Aufray, French singer-songwriter
- September 23, 1929 – Wally Whyton, English singer-songwriter (The Vipers Skiffle Group) (d. 1997)
- December 16, 1929 – Nicholas Courtney, Egyptian-English actor (d. 2011)
- December 30, 1929 – Rosalinde Hurley, English physician, microbiologist, and academic (d. 2004)