The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Choco Drizzle Stratus? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 6, 1929 – King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1929 – Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre: Seven people, six of them gangster rivals of Al Capone’s gang, are murdered in Chicago.
- April 8, 1929 – Indian independence movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- May 15, 1929 – A fire at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio kills 123.
- May 16, 1929 – In Hollywood, the first Academy Awards are awarded.
- August 3, 1929 – Jiddu Krishnamurti, tagged as the messianic “World Teacher”, shocks the Theosophy movement by dissolving the Order of the Star, the organisation built to support him.
- October 13, 1929 – Jože Plečnik unveils his memorial to Napoleon on the Square of French Revolution, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- October 24, 1929 – “Black Thursday” stock market crash on the New York Stock Exchange.
- November 7, 1929 – In New York City, the Museum of Modern Art opens to the public.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- January 7, 1929 – Robert Juniper, Australian painter and sculptor (d. 2012)
- February 15, 1929 – Graham Hill, English race car driver (d. 1975)
- March 1, 1929 – Georgi Markov, Bulgarian journalist and author (d. 1978)
- May 10, 1929 – Antonine Maillet, Canadian author and playwright
- June 10, 1929 – Harald Juhnke, German actor and singer (d. 2005)
- July 1, 1929 – Gerald Edelman, American biologist and immunologist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2014)
- September 9, 1929 – Claude Nougaro, French singer-songwriter (d. 2004)
- October 11, 1929 – Liselotte Pulver, Swiss actress
- October 24, 1929 – Gustav Ranis, American economist and academic (d. 2013)
- December 6, 1929 – Nikolaus Harnoncourt, German-Austrian cellist and conductor