The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 1, 1929 – The former municipalities of Point Grey, British Columbia and South Vancouver, British Columbia are amalgamated into Vancouver.
- January 6, 1929 – Mother Teresa arrives in Calcutta, India, to begin her work among India’s poorest and sick people.
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 11, 1929 – Kingdom of Italy and the Vatican sign the Lateran Treaty.
- May 31, 1929 – The first talking Mickey Mouse cartoon, “The Karnival Kid”, is released.
- June 17, 1929 – The town of Murchison, New Zealand Is rocked by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake killing 17. At the time it was New Zealand’s worst natural disaster.
- August 16, 1929 – The 1929 Palestine riots break out in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Arabs and Jews and continue until the end of the month. In total, 133 Jews and 116 Arabs are killed.
- August 24, 1929 – Second day of two-day Hebron massacre during the 1929 Palestine riots: Arab attacks on the Jewish community in Hebron in the British Mandate of Palestine, result in the death of 65–68 Jews and the remaining Jews being forced to leave the city.
- October 24, 1929 – “Black Thursday” stock market crash on the New York Stock Exchange.
- October 28, 1929 – Black Monday, a day in the Wall Street Crash of 1929, which also saw major stock market upheaval.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- February 5, 1929 – Fred Sinowatz, Austrian politician, 23rd Chancellor of Austria (d. 2008)
- February 20, 1929 – Amanda Blake, American actress (d. 1989)
- February 25, 1929 – Tommy Newsom, American saxophonist and bandleader (d. 2007)
- April 10, 1929 – Max von Sydow, Swedish-French actor
- May 5, 1929 – Ilene Woods, American actress and singer (d. 2010)
- June 9, 1929 – Johnny Ace, American singer and pianist (d. 1954)
- August 14, 1929 – Dick Tiger, Nigerian boxer (d. 1971)
- September 23, 1929 – Wally Whyton, English singer-songwriter (The Vipers Skiffle Group) (d. 1997)
- October 21, 1929 – Pierre Bellemare, French radio and television host
- November 13, 1929 – Asashio Tarō III, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 46th Yokozuna (d. 1988)