The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 6, 1929 – King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1929 – President Calvin Coolidge signs an Executive Order establishing the 96,000 acre Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
- May 15, 1929 – A fire at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio kills 123.
- June 1, 1929 – The 1st Conference of the Communist Parties of Latin America is held in Buenos Aires.
- June 17, 1929 – The town of Murchison, New Zealand Is rocked by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake killing 17. At the time it was New Zealand’s worst natural disaster.
- July 27, 1929 – The Geneva Convention of 1929, dealing with treatment of prisoners-of-war, is signed by 53 nations.
- October 13, 1929 – Jože Plečnik unveils his memorial to Napoleon on the Square of French Revolution, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- October 29, 1929 – The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or “Black Tuesday”, ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression.
- November 18, 1929 – Grand Banks earthquake: Off the south coast of Newfoundland in the Atlantic Ocean, a Richter magnitude 7.2 submarine earthquake, centered on the Grand Banks, breaks 12 submarine transatlantic telegraph cables and triggers a tsunami that destroys many south coast communities in the Burin Peninsula.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- January 9, 1929 – Brian Friel, Irish author, playwright, and director (d. 2015)
- February 19, 1929 – Jacques Deray, French director and screenwriter (d. 2003)
- February 21, 1929 – Chespirito, Mexican actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- March 4, 1929 – Peter Swerling, American theoretician and engineer (d. 2000)
- May 2, 1929 – Eddie Garcia, Filipino actor and director
- June 1, 1929 – Nargis, Indian actress (d. 1981)
- June 24, 1929 – Carolyn S. Shoemaker, American astronomer
- July 25, 1929 – Somnath Chatterjee, Indian lawyer and politician, 14th Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- October 28, 1929 – Virginia Held, American philosopher and author
- December 8, 1929 – Paddy O'Byrne, Irish radio host and actor (d. 2013)