The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1929
- January 6, 1929 – King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- January 10, 1929 – The Adventures of Tintin, one of the most popular European comic books, is first published in Belgium.
- January 17, 1929 – Inayatullah Khan, king of the Emirate of Afghanistan abdicates the throne after only three days.
- January 20, 1929 – In Old Arizona, the first full-length talking motion picture filmed outdoors, is released.
- February 10, 1929 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 11, 1929 – Kingdom of Italy and the Vatican sign the Lateran Treaty.
- February 14, 1929 – Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre: Seven people, six of them gangster rivals of Al Capone’s gang, are murdered in Chicago.
- July 23, 1929 – The Fascist government in Italy bans the use of foreign words.
- August 16, 1929 – The 1929 Palestine riots break out in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Arabs and Jews and continue until the end of the month. In total, 133 Jews and 116 Arabs are killed.
- October 23, 1929 – Great Depression: After a steady decline in stock market prices since a peak in September, the New York Stock Exchange begins to show signs of panic.
Who Were Born On 1929?
- February 15, 1929 – Graham Hill, English race car driver (d. 1975)
- March 10, 1929 – Sam Steiger, American journalist and politician (d. 2012)
- April 5, 1929 – Nigel Hawthorne, English actor and producer (d. 2001)
- June 27, 1929 – Dick the Bruiser, American football player and wrestler (d. 1991)
- August 29, 1929 – Thom Gunn, English-American poet and academic (d. 2004)
- September 19, 1929 – Marge Roukema, American educator and politician (d. 2014)
- October 2, 1929 – Peter Bronfman, Canadian businessman (d. 1996)
- November 9, 1929 – Marc Favreau, Canadian actor and poet (d. 2005)
- November 16, 1929 – Mira Rani Devi of Madaripur, Author and reformist
- December 25, 1929 – Christine M. Jones, American educator and politician (d. 2013)