The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rose’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1930
- January 6, 1930 – The first diesel-engined automobile trip is completed, from Indianapolis, Indiana, to New York, New York.
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1930 – Communist Party of Vietnam is founded at a “Unification Conference” held in Kowloon, British Hong Kong.
- February 18, 1930 – While studying photographs taken in January, Clyde Tombaugh discovers Pluto.
- June 18, 1930 – Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Franklin Institute are held.
- August 6, 1930 – Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- August 16, 1930 – The first British Empire Games were opened in Hamilton, Ontario by the Governor General of Canada, the Viscount Willingdon.
- September 12, 1930 – In cricket Wilfred Rhodes ends his 1110-game first-class career by taking 5 for 95 for H.D.G. Leveson Gower’s XI against the Australians.
- October 27, 1930 – Ratifications exchanged in London for the first London Naval Treaty, signed in April modifying the 1925 Washington Naval Treaty and the arms limitation treaty’s modified provisions, go into effect immediately, further limiting the expensive naval arms race among its five signatories.
- November 2, 1930 – Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- January 27, 1930 – Bobby Bland, American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- March 3, 1930 – Heiner Geißler, German lawyer and politician
- March 17, 1930 – Paul Horn, American-Canadian flute player and saxophonist (d. 2014)
- April 14, 1930 – Martin Adolf Bormann, German priest and theologian (d. 2013)
- May 2, 1930 – Marco Pannella, Italian journalist and politician
- June 22, 1930 – Walter Bonatti, Italian journalist and mountaineer (d. 2011)
- September 17, 1930 – Jim Rohn, American philosopher and author (d. 2009)
- November 3, 1930 – Mable John, American singer
- November 16, 1930 – Chinua Achebe, Nigerian author, poet, and academic (d. 2013)