The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Darius’ personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1930
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1930 – 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- March 12, 1930 – Mahatma Gandhi leads a 200-mile march, known as the Salt March, to the sea in defiance of British opposition, to protest the British monopoly on salt
- March 13, 1930 – The news of the discovery of Pluto is telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory.
- April 22, 1930 – The United Kingdom, Japan and the United States sign the London Naval Treaty regulating submarine warfare and limiting shipbuilding.
- June 16, 1930 – Sovnarkom establishes decree time in the USSR.
- July 30, 1930 – In Montevideo, Uruguay wins the first FIFA World Cup.
- July 31, 1930 – The radio mystery program The Shadow airs for the first time.
- August 9, 1930 – Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- November 2, 1930 – Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- January 23, 1930 – Derek Walcott, Saint Lucian poet and playwright; Nobel Prize laureate
- February 1, 1930 – Peter Tapsell, English soldier and politician
- March 12, 1930 – Win Tin, Burmese journalist and politician, co-founded the National League for Democracy (d. 2014)
- July 12, 1930 – Irene Sutcliffe, English actress
- July 14, 1930 – Polly Bergen, American actress and singer (d. 2014)
- August 20, 1930 – Peter Randall, English sergeant (d. 2007)
- September 8, 1930 – Robert W. Firestone, American psychologist and author
- October 8, 1930 – Faith Ringgold, American painter and activist
- October 29, 1930 – Niki de Saint Phalle, French sculptor and painter (d. 2002)