The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GUAFMEU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words GUAFMEU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1932
- February 17, 1932 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- May 15, 1932 – In an attempted coup d'état, the Prime Minister of Japan Inukai Tsuyoshi is assassinated.
- May 23, 1932 – In Brazil, four students are shot and killed during a manifestation against the Brazilian dictator Getúlio Vargas, which occurred in the city of São Paulo. Their names and surnames were used to form the MMDC, a revolutionary group that would act against the dictatorial government, especially in the Constitutionalist Revolution (“Revolução Constitucionalista”, in Portuguese), the major uprising in Brazil during the 20th century.
- July 31, 1932 – The NSDAP (Nazi Party) wins more than 38% of the vote in German elections.
- September 17, 1932 – A speech by Laureano Gómez leads to the escalation of the Leticia Incident.
- September 23, 1932 – The Kingdom of Hejaz and Nejd is renamed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- September 24, 1932 – Gandhi and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar agree to the Poona Pact, which reserved seats in the Indian provincial legislatures for the “Depressed Classes” (Untouchables).
- October 8, 1932 – The Indian Air Force is established.
- December 18, 1932 – The Chicago Bears defeat the Portsmouth Spartans in the first NFL Championship Game.
- December 27, 1932 – Radio City Music Hall, “Showplace of the Nation”, opens in New York City.
Who Were Born On 1932?
- February 12, 1932 – Axel Jensen, Norwegian author and poet (d. 2003)
- March 4, 1932 – Frank Wells, American businessman (d. 1994)
- March 11, 1932 – Leroy Jenkins, American violinist and composer (Revolutionary Ensemble) (d. 2007)
- March 21, 1932 – Walter Gilbert, American physicist and chemist, Nobel Prize laureate
- May 14, 1932 – Richard Estes, American painter and illustrator
- May 19, 1932 – Claude Blanchard, Canadian singer and actor (d. 2006)
- May 28, 1932 – Tim Renton, Baron Renton of Mount Harry, English politician, Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries
- September 28, 1932 – Víctor Jara, Chilean singer-songwriter, poet, and director (d. 1973)
- December 9, 1932 – Billy Edd Wheeler, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and playwright