The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Caribbean Blue Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1933
- January 5, 1933 – Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge begins in San Francisco Bay.
- January 26, 1933 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1933 – Reichstag fire: Germany’s parliament building in Berlin, the Reichstag, is set on fire; Marinus van der Lubbe, a young Dutch Communist claims responsibility. The Nazis used the fire to solidify their power and eliminate the communists as political rivals.
- March 4, 1933 – The Parliament of Austria is suspended because of a quibble over procedure – Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss initiates an authoritarian rule by decree.
- March 13, 1933 – Great Depression: Banks in the U.S. begin to re-open after President Franklin D. Roosevelt mandates a “bank holiday”.
- March 20, 1933 – Giuseppe Zangara is executed in Florida’s electric chair for fatally shooting Anton Cermak in an assassination attempt against President-Elect Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- April 7, 1933 – Prohibition in the United States is repealed for beer of no more than 3.2% alcohol by weight, eight months before the ratification of the XXI amendment.
- September 21, 1933 – Salvador Lutteroth ran the first ever EMLL (now CMLL) show in Mexico, marking the birth of Lucha libre
- October 7, 1933 – Air France is inaugurated, after being formed by a merger of 5 French airlines.
- October 12, 1933 – The military Alcatraz Citadel becomes the civilian Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary.
Who Were Born On 1933?
- January 17, 1933 – Dalida, Egyptian-French singer and actress (d. 1987)
- February 8, 1933 – Elly Ameling, Dutch soprano
- March 3, 1933 – Alfredo Landa, Spanish actor and singer (d. 2013)
- April 8, 1933 – Fred Ebb, American composer (d. 2004)
- June 25, 1933 – James Meredith, American activist
- July 23, 1933 – Raimund Abraham, Austrian architect, designed the Austrian Cultural Forum (d. 2010)
- September 17, 1933 – Claude Provost, Canadian-American ice hockey player (d. 1984)
- September 25, 1933 – Hubie Brown, American basketball player, coach, and sportscaster
- September 27, 1933 – Rodney Cotterill, Danish-English physicist and neuroscientist (d. 2007)
- November 15, 1933 – Theodore Roszak, American scholar and author (d. 2011)