The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1934
- January 13, 1934 – The Candidate of Sciences degree is established in the Soviet Union.
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 16, 1934 – The Austrian Civil War ends with the defeat of the Social Democrats and the Republikanischer Schutzbund.
- March 12, 1934 – Konstantin Päts and General Johan Laidoner stage a coup in Estonia, and ban all political parties.
- June 6, 1934 – New Deal: The U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- July 4, 1934 – Leo Szilard patents the chain-reaction design for the atomic bomb.
- July 20, 1934 – Labor unrest in the U.S.: Police in Minneapolis fire upon striking truck drivers, during the Minneapolis Teamsters Strike of 1934, killing two and wounding sixty-seven.
- September 19, 1934 – Bruno Hauptmann is arrested for the kidnapping and murder of Charles Lindbergh, Jr.
- November 23, 1934 – An Anglo-Ethiopian boundary commission in the Ogaden discovers an Italian garrison at Walwal, well within Ethiopian territory. This leads to the Abyssinia Crisis.
- December 1, 1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 12, 1934 – Alan Sharp, Scottish-American author and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- March 4, 1934 – Gleb Yakunin, Russian priest and activist (d. 2014)
- March 5, 1934 – Halit Refiğ, Turkish director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2009)
- March 10, 1934 – Fou Ts'ong, Chinese-English pianist
- May 8, 1934 – David Williamson, Baron Williamson of Horton, English soldier and politician
- May 30, 1934 – Alexey Leonov, Russian general, pilot, and astronaut
- September 8, 1934 – Bernard Donoughue, Baron Donoughue, English academic and politician
- September 17, 1934 – Maureen Connolly, American tennis player (d. 1969)
- November 26, 1934 – Jerry Jameson, American director and producer
- December 14, 1934 – Shyam Benegal, Indian director and screenwriter