The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1934
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- May 28, 1934 – Near Callander, Ontario, Canada, the Dionne quintuplets are born to Oliva and Elzire Dionne; they will be the first quintuplets to survive infancy.
- June 19, 1934 – The Communications Act of 1934 establishes the United States’ Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- June 26, 1934 – United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, which establishes credit unions.
- July 20, 1934 – West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
- August 2, 1934 – Gleichschaltung: Adolf Hitler becomes Führer of Germany following the death of President Paul von Hindenburg.
- October 22, 1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents shoot and kill notorious bank robber Pretty Boy Floyd.
- November 30, 1934 – The LNER Class A3 4472 Flying Scotsman becomes the first steam locomotive to be authenticated as reaching 100 mph.
- December 1, 1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
- December 5, 1934 – Abyssinia Crisis: Italian troops attack Wal Wal in Abyssinia, taking four days to capture the city.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 24, 1934 – Stanisław Grochowiak, Polish poet and playwright (d. 1976)
- January 27, 1934 – Édith Cresson, French politician; 160th Prime Minister of France
- April 10, 1934 – Richard Peck, American author and academic
- May 13, 1934 – Ehud Netzer, Israeli archaeologist, architect, and academic (d. 2010)
- September 16, 1934 – George Chakiris, American actor, singer, and dancer
- September 22, 1934 – T. Somasekaram, Sri Lankan geographer and politician, 37th Surveyor General of Sri Lanka (d. 2010)
- October 17, 1934 – Johnny Haynes, English-Scottish footballer (d. 2005)
- November 23, 1934 – Lew Hoad, Australian tennis player (d. 1994)
- December 6, 1934 – Nick Bockwinkel, American wrestler, sportscaster, and actor
- December 19, 1934 – Al Kaline, American baseball player and sportscaster