The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1934
- January 1, 1934 – Nazi Germany passes the “Law for the Prevention of Genetically Diseased Offspring”.
- January 13, 1934 – The Candidate of Sciences degree is established in the Soviet Union.
- February 13, 1934 – The Soviet steamship SS Chelyuskin sinks in the Arctic Ocean.
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1934 – Leopold III becomes King of Belgium.
- March 12, 1934 – Konstantin Päts and General Johan Laidoner stage a coup in Estonia, and ban all political parties.
- May 23, 1934 – The American bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by police and killed in Bienville Parish, Louisiana.
- July 2, 1934 – The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- July 20, 1934 – West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
- December 11, 1934 – Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- February 25, 1934 – Tony Lema, American golfer (d. 1966)
- May 1, 1934 – Phillip King, Tunisian-English sculptor
- June 1, 1934 – Pat Boone, American singer-songwriter and actor
- June 16, 1934 – Eileen Atkins, English actress and screenwriter
- July 25, 1934 – Don Ellis, American trumpet player and composer (d. 1978)
- September 24, 1934 – Tommy Anderson, Scottish footballer and manager
- October 22, 1934 – Donald McIntyre, New Zealand opera singer
- November 2, 1934 – Bill Gothard, American minister and author
- November 18, 1934 – Vassilis Vassilikos, Greek journalist and diplomat
- December 30, 1934 – Del Shannon, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1990)