The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1935
- February 4, 1935 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 14, 1935 – “Black Sunday Storm”, the worst dust storm of the U.S. Dust Bowl.
- May 27, 1935 – New Deal: The Supreme Court of the United States declares the National Industrial Recovery Act to be unconstitutional in A.L.A. Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States, (295 U.S. 495).
- June 3, 1935 – One thousand unemployed Canadian workers board freight cars in Vancouver, British Columbia, beginning a protest trek to Ottawa.
- July 16, 1935 – The world’s first parking meter is installed in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- August 14, 1935 – Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Social Security Act, creating a government pension system for the retired.
- November 9, 1935 – The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey, by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
- December 9, 1935 – Walter Liggett, American newspaper editor and muckraker, is killed in a gangland murder.
- December 17, 1935 – First flight of the Douglas DC-3.
- December 28, 1935 – Pravda publishes a letter by Pavel Postyshev, who revives New Year tree tradition in the Soviet Union.
Who Were Born On 1935?
- January 11, 1935 – Ghita Nørby, Danish actress
- March 20, 1935 – Ted Bessell, American actor and director (d. 1996)
- March 24, 1935 – Peter Bichsel, Swiss-German journalist and author
- April 6, 1935 – Douglas Hill, Canadian author and critic (d. 2007)
- April 27, 1935 – Theodoros Angelopoulos, Greek director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- June 30, 1935 – John Harlin, American pilot and mountaineer (d. 1966)
- July 9, 1935 – Wim Duisenberg, Dutch economist and politician, Dutch Minister of Finance (d. 2005)
- July 15, 1935 – Alex Karras, American football player, wrestler, and actor (d. 2012)
- July 21, 1935 – Kaye Stevens, American singer and actress (d. 2011)
- September 21, 1935 – Jimmy Armfield, English footballer and manager