The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1936
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1936 – In the February 26 Incident, young Japanese military officers attempt to stage a coup against the government.
- May 25, 1936 – The Remington Rand strike, led by the American Federation of Labor, begins.
- May 28, 1936 – Alan Turing submits On Computable Numbers for publication.
- June 19, 1936 – The solar eclipse of June 19, 1936.
- June 26, 1936 – Initial flight of the Focke-Wulf Fw 61, the first practical helicopter.
- August 9, 1936 – Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games.
- October 26, 1936 – The first electric generator at Hoover Dam goes into full operation.
- October 27, 1936 – Mrs Wallis Simpson files for divorce which would eventually allow her to marry King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, thus forcing his abdication from the throne.
- November 2, 1936 – The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is established.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- January 11, 1936 – Eva Hesse, German-American sculptor (d. 1970)
- February 17, 1936 – Jim Brown, American football player and actor
- March 11, 1936 – Antonin Scalia, American lawyer and jurist
- April 24, 1936 – David Crombie, Canadian educator and politician, 56th Mayor of Toronto
- May 7, 1936 – Robin Hanbury-Tenison, English explorer and author
- May 12, 1936 – Frank Stella, American painter and sculptor
- May 14, 1936 – Dick Howser, American baseball player, coach, and manager (d. 1987)
- May 21, 1936 – Günter Blobel, Polish-American biologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- June 25, 1936 – B. J. Habibie, Indonesian engineer and politician, 3rd President of Indonesia
- November 5, 1936 – Michael Dertouzos, Greek-American computer scientist and academic (d. 2001)