The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1936
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1936 – A strike occurs aboard the S.S. California, leading to the demise of the International Seamen’s Union and the creation of the National Maritime Union.
- June 15, 1936 – First flight of the Vickers Wellington bomber.
- July 17, 1936 – Spanish Civil War: An Armed Forces rebellion against the recently elected leftist Popular Front government of Spain starts the civil war.
- July 26, 1936 – King Edward VIII, in one of his few official duties before he abdicates the thrоne, officially unveils the Canadian National Vimy Memorial.
- August 3, 1936 – Jesse Owens wins the 100 meter dash, defeating Ralph Metcalfe, at the Berlin Olympics.
- August 9, 1936 – Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games.
- October 9, 1936 – Generators at Boulder Dam (later renamed to Hoover Dam) begin to generate electricity from the Colorado River and transmit it 266 miles to Los Angeles.
- November 8, 1936 – Spanish Civil War: Francoist troops fail in their effort to capture Madrid, but begin the 3-year Siege of Madrid afterwards.
- November 30, 1936 – In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- February 2, 1936 – Metin Oktay, Turkish footballer and manager (d. 1991)
- March 6, 1936 – Bob Akin, American race car driver and journalist (d. 2002)
- March 29, 1936 – Judith Guest, American author and screenwriter
- May 8, 1936 – Haljand Udam, Estonian orientalist and academic (d. 2005)
- June 3, 1936 – Larry McMurtry, American author and screenwriter
- June 13, 1936 – Michel Jazy, French runner
- July 22, 1936 – Tom Robbins, American author
- September 3, 1936 – Pilar Pallete, Peruvian-American actress
- September 5, 1936 – John Danforth, American politician and diplomat, 24th United States Ambassador to the United Nations
- November 26, 1936 – Margaret Boden, English computer scientist and psychologist