The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1936
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1936 – Odisha formerly known as Kalinga or Utkal becomes a state in India.
- June 30, 1936 – Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy’s invasion of his country.
- July 6, 1936 – A major breach of the Manchester Bolton & Bury Canal in England sends millions of gallons of water cascading 200 ft into the River Irwell.
- July 11, 1936 – The Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
- July 26, 1936 – The Axis powers decide to intervene in the Spanish Civil War.
- August 9, 1936 – Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games.
- October 26, 1936 – The first electric generator at Hoover Dam goes into full operation.
- November 25, 1936 – In Berlin, Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, agreeing to consult on measures “to safeguard their common interests” in the case of an unprovoked attack by the Soviet Union against either nation. The pact is renewed on the same day five years later with additional signatories.
- December 30, 1936 – The United Auto Workers union stages its first sitdown strike.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- January 15, 1936 – Obo Addy, Ghanaian drummer and dancer (d. 2012)
- February 27, 1936 – Ron Barassi, Australian footballer and coach
- April 21, 1936 – Avo Paistik, Estonian pastor, author, illustrator, and painter (d. 2013)
- April 29, 1936 – Lane Smith, American actor (d. 2005)
- June 16, 1936 – Ann Carter, American actress and educator (d. 2014)
- July 7, 1936 – Egbert Brieskorn, German mathematician and academic (d. 2013)
- July 22, 1936 – Harold Rhodes, English cricketer
- September 13, 1936 – Stefano Delle Chiaie, Italian activist, founded National Vanguard
- September 15, 1936 – Ashley Cooper, Australian tennis player
- December 1, 1936 – Igor Rodionov, Russian general and politician, 3rd Russian Minister of Defence (d. 2014)