The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2020. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1936
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 4, 1936 – Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically.
- February 26, 1936 – In the February 26 Incident, young Japanese military officers attempt to stage a coup against the government.
- April 1, 1936 – Odisha formerly known as Kalinga or Utkal becomes a state in India.
- June 10, 1936 – The Russian animation studio Soyuzmultfilm is founded.
- September 9, 1936 – The crews of Portuguese Navy frigate NRP Afonso de Albuquerque and destroyer Dão mutinied against Salazar dictatorship’s support of General Franco’s coup and declared their solidarity with the Spanish Republic.
- October 4, 1936 – In the East End of London, marches staged by British fascists and various anti-fascist organizations result in violent clashes between them in what becomes known as the Battle of Cable Street.
- November 8, 1936 – Spanish Civil War: Francoist troops fail in their effort to capture Madrid, but begin the 3-year Siege of Madrid afterwards.
- November 20, 1936 – José Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Falange, is killed by a republican execution squad.
- December 7, 1936 – Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton becomes the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- January 28, 1936 – Ismail Kadare, Albanian author and poet
- March 25, 1936 – Carl Kaufmann, American-German sprinter (d. 2008)
- June 13, 1936 – Michel Jazy, French runner
- June 14, 1936 – Renaldo Benson, American singer-songwriter (Four Tops) (d. 2005)
- August 2, 1936 – Anthony Payne, English composer and author
- August 12, 1936 – Kjell Grede, Swedish director and screenwriter
- September 19, 1936 – Milan Marcetta, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014)
- October 7, 1936 – Michael Hurll, English director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- November 1, 1936 – Shizuka Kamei, Japanese politician
- December 17, 1936 – Pope Francis