The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1937
- January 19, 1937 – Howard Hughes sets a new air record by flying from Los Angeles to New York City in seven hours, 28 minutes, 25 seconds.
- February 5, 1937 – United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposes a plan to enlarge the Supreme Court of the United States.
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Jaén, Spain is bombed by Nazi forces.
- May 28, 1937 – The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California, is officially opened by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in Washington, D.C., who pushes a button signaling the start of vehicle traffic over the span.
- August 13, 1937 – The Battle of Shanghai begins.
- October 1, 1937 – The Japanese city Handa is founded in Aichi Prefecture.
- November 8, 1937 – The Nazi exhibition Der ewige Jude (“The Eternal Jew”) opens in Munich.
- December 4, 1937 – The first issue of the children’s comic The Dandy is published.
- December 16, 1937 – Theodore Cole and Ralph Roe attempt to escape from the American federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay; neither is ever seen again.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 12, 1937 – Marie Dubois, French actress (d. 2014)
- January 17, 1937 – Alain Badiou, French philosopher and educator
- March 2, 1937 – Denny Crum, American basketball player and coach
- March 4, 1937 – William Deverell, Canadian lawyer, author, and activist
- March 8, 1937 – Juvénal Habyarimana, Rwandan politician, 3rd President of Rwanda (d. 1994)
- March 10, 1937 – Joe Viterelli, American actor (d. 2004)
- March 26, 1937 – Wayne Embry, American basketball player and manager
- May 11, 1937 – Cheng Yen, Taiwanese Buddhist nun and philanthropist
- June 15, 1937 – Anna Hazare, Indian activist
- October 11, 1937 – Ron Leibman, American actor and screenwriter