The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1937
- January 15, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Nationalists and Republican both withdraw after suffering heavy losses, ending the Second Battle of the Corunna Road.
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1937 – The League of Nations bans foreign national “volunteers” in the Spanish Civil War.
- May 12, 1937 – The Duke and Duchess of York are crowned as King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Westminster Abbey.
- May 21, 1937 – A Soviet station, North Pole-1, becomes the first scientific research settlement to operate on the drift ice of the Arctic Ocean.
- August 14, 1937 – Chinese Air Force Day: The beginning of air-to-air combat of the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II in general, when six Imperial Japanese Mitsubishi G3M bombers are shot down by the Nationalist Chinese Air Force while raiding Chinese air bases.
- October 1, 1937 – The Japanese city Handa is founded in Aichi Prefecture.
- December 11, 1937 – Second Italo-Ethiopian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- December 12, 1937 – Second Sino-Japanese War: USS Panay incident – Japanese aircraft bomb and sink U.S. gunboat USS Panay on the Yangtze river in China.
- December 16, 1937 – Theodore Cole and Ralph Roe attempt to escape from the American federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay; neither is ever seen again.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 6, 1937 – Paolo Conte, Italian singer-songwriter and pianist
- January 21, 1937 – Nushiravan Keihanizadeh, Iranian-American journalist and historian
- February 10, 1937 – Roberta Flack, American singer-songwriter and pianist
- March 6, 1937 – Ivan Boesky, American businessman
- March 12, 1937 – Valentīna Eiduka, Latvian javelin thrower and coach
- April 19, 1937 – Antonio Carluccio, Italian-English chef and author
- July 3, 1937 – Nicholas Maxwell, English philosopher and academic
- August 5, 1937 – Brian G. Marsden, English-American astronomer and academic (d. 2010)
- August 17, 1937 – Spiros Focás, Greek actor
- October 25, 1937 – Roberto Menescal, Brazilian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer