The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1937
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1937 – The League of Nations bans foreign national “volunteers” in the Spanish Civil War.
- April 9, 1937 – The Kamikaze arrives at Croydon Airport in London. It is the first Japanese-built aircraft to fly to Europe.
- June 14, 1937 – Pennsylvania becomes the first (and only) state of the United States to celebrate Flag Day officially as a state holiday.
- July 5, 1937 – Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation.
- July 8, 1937 – Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan sign the Treaty of Saadabad.
- July 22, 1937 – New Deal: The United States Senate votes down President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s proposal to add more justices to the Supreme Court of the United States.
- July 26, 1937 – End of the Battle of Brunete in the Spanish Civil War.
- August 2, 1937 – The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 is passed in America, the effect of which is to render marijuana and all its by-products illegal.
- September 25, 1937 – Second Sino-Japanese War: The Chinese Eighth Route Army gains a minor, but morale-boosting victory in the Battle of Pingxingguan.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 28, 1937 – Karel Čáslavský, Czech historian and television host (d. 2013)
- January 30, 1937 – Vanessa Redgrave, English actress, singer, and producer
- February 18, 1937 – Ulvi Voog, Estonian freestyle swimmer
- March 21, 1937 – Tom Flores, American football player and coach
- April 2, 1937 – Denis Tuohy, Northern Irish television journalist
- April 20, 1937 – Harvey Quaytman, American painter and educator (d. 2002)
- July 16, 1937 – Richard Bryan, American lawyer and politician, 25th Governor of Nevada
- August 11, 1937 – Anna Massey, English actress (d. 2011)
- October 11, 1937 – Bobby Charlton, English footballer and manager
- December 12, 1937 – Michael Jeffery, Australian general and politician, 24th Governor-General of Australia