The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1937
- January 1, 1937 – Safety glass in vehicle windscreens becomes mandatory in the United Kingdom.
- January 15, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Nationalists and Republican both withdraw after suffering heavy losses, ending the Second Battle of the Corunna Road.
- February 5, 1937 – United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposes a plan to enlarge the Supreme Court of the United States.
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- March 18, 1937 – A human-powered aircraft, Pedaliante, flies 1 km outside Milan, Italy.
- April 12, 1937 – Sir Frank Whittle ground-tests the first jet engine designed to power an aircraft, at Rugby, England.
- July 24, 1937 – Alabama drops rape charges against the so-called “Scottsboro Boys”.
- July 29, 1937 – Tōngzhōu Incident: In Tōngzhōu, China, the East Hopei Army attacks Japanese troops and civilians.
- August 13, 1937 – The Battle of Shanghai begins.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 12, 1937 – Shirley Eaton, English actress
- January 18, 1937 – John Hume, Irish educator and politician, Nobel Prize laureate
- January 26, 1937 – Joseph Saidu Momoh, Sierra Leonean soldier and politician, 2nd President of Sierra Leone (d. 2003)
- April 17, 1937 – Ferdinand Piëch, Austrian-German engineer and businessman
- May 1, 1937 – Una Stubbs, English actress and dancer
- May 13, 1937 – Roger Zelazny, American author and poet (d. 1995)
- May 16, 1937 – Yvonne Craig, American actress and dancer (d. 2015)
- July 3, 1937 – Nicholas Maxwell, English philosopher and academic
- October 11, 1937 – Ron Leibman, American actor and screenwriter
- December 31, 1937 – Anthony Hopkins, Welsh-American actor, director, and composer