The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1937
- January 25, 1937 – The Guiding Light debuts on NBC radio from Chicago. In 1952 it moves to CBS television, where it remains until September 18, 2009.
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 21, 1937 – Ponce massacre: Nineteen people in Ponce, Puerto Rico, are gunned down by a police squad acting under orders of US-appointed Governor, Blanton C. Winship.
- May 6, 1937 – Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.
- May 28, 1937 – Volkswagen (VW), the German automobile manufacturer is founded.
- July 7, 1937 – Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Lugou Bridge: Japanese forces invade Beijing, China.
- July 8, 1937 – Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan sign the Treaty of Saadabad.
- July 26, 1937 – End of the Battle of Brunete in the Spanish Civil War.
- September 22, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Peña Blanca is taken; the end of the Battle of El Mazuco.
- December 12, 1937 – Second Sino-Japanese War: USS Panay incident – Japanese aircraft bomb and sink U.S. gunboat USS Panay on the Yangtze river in China.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 16, 1937 – Francis George, American cardinal (d. 2015)
- March 9, 1937 – Brian Redman, English race car driver
- March 15, 1937 – Roger Tomkys, English academic and diplomat
- April 8, 1937 – Momo Kapor, Serbian author and painter (d. 2010)
- April 11, 1937 – Jill Gascoine, English actress and author
- April 18, 1937 – Teddy Taylor, Scottish journalist and politician, Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland
- April 22, 1937 – Jack Nicholson, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- September 1, 1937 – Allen Jones, English sculptor and painter
- September 28, 1937 – Rod Roddy, American game show announcer (d. 2003)
- November 3, 1937 – Dietrich Möller, German politician, 15th Mayor of Marburg