The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1937
- January 15, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Nationalists and Republican both withdraw after suffering heavy losses, ending the Second Battle of the Corunna Road.
- February 11, 1937 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1937 – Yekatit 12: During a public ceremony at the Viceregal Palace (the former Imperial residence) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, two Ethiopian nationalists of Eritrean origin attempt to kill viceroy Rodolfo Graziani with a number of grenades.
- April 1, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: Jaén, Spain is bombed by Nazi forces.
- May 7, 1937 – Spanish Civil War: The German Condor Legion, equipped with Heinkel He 51 biplanes, arrives in Spain to assist Francisco Franco’s forces.
- May 28, 1937 – The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California, is officially opened by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in Washington, D.C., who pushes a button signaling the start of vehicle traffic over the span.
- May 30, 1937 – Memorial Day massacre: Chicago police shoot and kill ten labor demonstrators.
- June 3, 1937 – The Duke of Windsor marries Wallis Simpson.
- June 14, 1937 – Pennsylvania becomes the first (and only) state of the United States to celebrate Flag Day officially as a state holiday.
- December 22, 1937 – The Lincoln Tunnel opens to traffic in New York City.
Who Were Born On 1937?
- January 6, 1937 – Lou Holtz, American football player, coach, and sportscaster
- February 13, 1937 – Angelo Mosca, Canadian football player and wrestler
- March 6, 1937 – Valentina Tereshkova, Russian general, pilot, and astronaut
- April 20, 1937 – Jiří Dienstbier, Czech journalist and politician, Czech Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2011)
- June 11, 1937 – Robin Warren, Australian pathologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- July 12, 1937 – Guy Woolfenden, English composer and conductor
- July 15, 1937 – Prabhash Joshi, Indian journalist (d. 2009)
- September 15, 1937 – Fernando de la Rúa, Argentinian lawyer and politician, 51st President of Argentina
- October 24, 1937 – Heribert Offermanns, German chemist and academic
- November 9, 1937 – Roger McGough, English author, poet, and playwright