The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UFFWAOZU? Check your answers here: Word search UFFWAOZU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1938
- January 31, 1938 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- June 25, 1938 – Dr. Douglas Hyde is inaugurated as the first President of Ireland.
- July 20, 1938 – The United States Department of Justice files suit in New York City against the motion picture industry charging violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act in regards to the studio system. The case would eventually result in a break-up of the industry in 1948.
- August 18, 1938 – The Thousand Islands Bridge, connecting New York, United States with Ontario, Canada over the Saint Lawrence River, is dedicated by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- September 21, 1938 – The Great Hurricane of 1938 makes landfall on Long Island in New York. The death toll is estimated at 500-700 people.
- September 30, 1938 – Britain, France, Germany and Italy sign the Munich Agreement, allowing Germany to occupy the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- October 14, 1938 – The first flight of the Curtiss Aircraft Company’s P-40 Warhawk fighter plane.
- October 30, 1938 – Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds, causing anxiety in some of the audience in the United States.
- November 9, 1938 – The Nazi German diplomat Ernst vom Rath dies from the fatal gunshot wounds of Jewish resistance fighter Herschel Grynszpan, an act which the Nazis used as an excuse to instigate the 1938 national pogrom, also known as Kristallnacht (Crystal Night).
- December 17, 1938 – Otto Hahn discovers the nuclear fission of the heavy element uranium, the scientific and technological basis of nuclear energy.
Who Were Born On 1938?
- January 16, 1938 – Michael Pataki, American actor, director, and producer (d. 2010)
- January 17, 1938 – Percy Qoboza, South African journalist and author (d. 1988)
- March 17, 1938 – Keith O'Brien, Irish-Scottish cardinal
- July 1, 1938 – Craig Anderson, American baseball player and coach
- July 30, 1938 – Hervé de Charette, French politician, French Minister of Foreign Affairs
- August 25, 1938 – Frederick Forsyth, English journalist and author
- September 8, 1938 – Kenichi Horie, Japanese sailor
- October 8, 1938 – Fred Stolle, Australian-American tennis player and sportscaster
- October 13, 1938 – Hugo Young, English journalist and author (d. 2003)
- November 13, 1938 – Gérald Godin, Canadian journalist, poet, and politician (d. 1994)