The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Kiwi Fruit Swirl? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1939
- February 19, 1939 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1939 – United States labor law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that sit-down strikes violate property owners’ rights and are therefore illegal.
- March 14, 1939 – Slovakia declares independence under German pressure.
- March 16, 1939 – Marriage of Princess Fawzia of Egypt to Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran.
- July 6, 1939 – Holocaust: The last remaining Jewish enterprises in Germany are closed.
- August 15, 1939 – Thirteen Stukas dive into the ground during a disastrous air-practice at Neuhammer. There are no survivors.
- September 1, 1939 – World War II: Nazi Germany and Slovakia invade Poland, beginning the European phase of World War II.
- September 28, 1939 – Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union agree on a division of Poland after their invasion during World War II.
- September 30, 1939 – NBC broadcasts the first televised American football game between the Waynesburg Yellow Jackets and the Fordham Rams. Fordham won the game 34–7.
- October 14, 1939 – The GS U-47 sinks the British battleship HMS Royal Oak within her harbour at Scapa Flow, Scotland.
Who Were Born On 1939?
- January 13, 1939 – Jacek Gmoch, Polish footballer and coach
- March 8, 1939 – Jim Bouton, American baseball player and journalist
- July 21, 1939 – Jamey Aebersold, American saxophonist and educator
- August 27, 1939 – William Least Heat-Moon, American historian and author
- September 23, 1939 – Roy Buchanan, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Snakestretchers) (d. 1988)
- October 5, 1939 – Walter Wolf, Austrian-Canadian businessman, founded Walter Wolf Racing
- October 16, 1939 – Joe Dolan, Irish singer (d. 2007)
- October 31, 1939 – Rowan Peacock, South African cyclist
- November 18, 1939 – Amanda Lear, Hong Kong-French singer-songwriter and actress
- December 16, 1939 – Philip Langridge, English tenor and actor (d. 2010)