The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Flora’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1939
- February 19, 1939 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1939 – Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli is elected Pope and takes the name Pius XII.
- March 14, 1939 – Slovakia declares independence under German pressure.
- March 16, 1939 – Marriage of Princess Fawzia of Egypt to Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran.
- April 20, 1939 – Billie Holiday records the first civil rights song “Strange Fruit”.
- May 23, 1939 – The U.S. Navy submarine USS Squalus sinks off the coast of New Hampshire during a test dive, causing the death of 24 sailors and two civilian technicians. The remaining 32 sailors and one civilian naval architect are rescued the following day.
- September 1, 1939 – The Wound Badge for Wehrmacht, SS, Kriegsmarine, and Luftwaffe soldiers is instituted. The final version of the Iron Cross is also instituted on this date.
- September 19, 1939 – World War II: The Battle of Kępa Oksywska concludes, with Polish losses reaching roughly 14% of all the forces engaged.
- October 1, 1939 – After a one-month Siege of Warsaw, hostile Nazi forces enter the city.
- December 24, 1939 – World War II: Pope Pius XII makes a Christmas Eve appeal for peace.
Who Were Born On 1939?
- February 16, 1939 – Czesław Niemen, Polish singer-songwriter (Niebiesko-Czarni) (d. 2004)
- February 28, 1939 – Tommy Tune, American actor, singer, dancer, and director
- March 27, 1939 – Ladislas de Hoyos, Belgian-French journalist and politician (d. 2011)
- May 23, 1939 – Jack McCarthy, American poet and author (d. 2013)
- September 30, 1939 – Anthony Green, English painter and academic
- November 4, 1939 – Gail E. Haley, American author and illustrator
- November 17, 1939 – Auberon Waugh, English journalist and author (d. 2001)
- November 26, 1939 – Mark Margolis, American actor
- December 15, 1939 – Cindy Birdsong, American singer-songwriter (The Supremes and Labelle)