The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Felicia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- April 16, 1940 – Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians throws the only Opening Day no-hitter in the history of Major League Baseball, beating the Chicago White Sox 1–0.
- April 23, 1940 – The Rhythm Club fire at a dance hall in Natchez, Mississippi, kills 198 people.
- May 14, 1940 – World War II: Rotterdam is bombed by the German Luftwaffe.
- May 15, 1940 – McDonald’s opens its first restaurant in San Bernardino, California.
- May 17, 1940 – World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- June 17, 1940 – World War II: The British Army’s 11th Hussars assault and take Fort Capuzzo in Libya, Africa from Italian forces.
- August 18, 1940 – World War II: The Hardest Day air battle, part of the Battle of Britain. At that point, the largest aerial engagement in history with heavy losses sustained on both sides.
- August 30, 1940 – The Second Vienna Award reassigns the territory of Northern Transylvania from Romania to Hungary.
- September 27, 1940 – World War II: The Tripartite Pact is signed in Berlin by Germany, Japan and Italy.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- January 2, 1940 – Jim Bakker, American minister and television host
- January 30, 1940 – Mitch Murray, English songwriter and producer
- February 28, 1940 – Joe South, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2012)
- April 24, 1940 – Sue Grafton, American author
- June 12, 1940 – Jacques Brassard, Canadian educator and politician
- June 27, 1940 – Ian Lang, Baron Lang of Monkton, Scottish politician, Secretary of State for Scotland
- June 28, 1940 – Karpal Singh, Malaysian lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- July 8, 1940 – Joe B. Mauldin, American bass player and songwriter (The Crickets) (d. 2015)
- July 23, 1940 – Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, Italian economist and politician, Italian Minister of Finance (d. 2010)
- October 4, 1940 – Alberto Vilar, American businessman and philanthropist