The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Yellow Cashew Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 13, 1940 – The Russo-Finnish Winter War ends.
- March 18, 1940 – World War II: Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet at the Brenner Pass in the Alps and agree to form an alliance against France and the United Kingdom.
- May 10, 1940 – World War II: Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom.
- May 15, 1940 – USS Sailfish is recommissioned. It was originally the USS Squalus.
- June 25, 1940 – World War II: France officially surrenders to Germany at 01:35.
- July 19, 1940 – World War II: Battle of Cape Spada: The Royal Navy and the Regia Marina clash; the Italian light cruiser Bartolomeo Colleoni sinks, with 121 casualties.
- August 18, 1940 – World War II: The Hardest Day air battle, part of the Battle of Britain. At that point, the largest aerial engagement in history with heavy losses sustained on both sides.
- November 11, 1940 – Armistice Day Blizzard: An unexpected blizzard kills 144 in the U.S. Midwest.
- November 24, 1940 – World War II: The First Slovak Republic becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- January 14, 1940 – Vasilka Stoeva, Bulgarian discus thrower
- February 26, 1940 – Oldřich Kulhánek, Czech painter, illustrator, and stage designer (d. 2013)
- April 16, 1940 – Joan Snyder, American painter
- June 16, 1940 – Neil Goldschmidt, American lawyer and politician, 33rd Governor of Oregon
- June 17, 1940 – George Akerlof, American economist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate
- June 21, 1940 – Enn Klooren, Estonian actor (d. 2011)
- August 31, 1940 – Wilton Felder, American saxophonist and bass player (The Crusaders) (d. 2015)
- September 8, 1940 – Quentin L. Cook, American religious leader
- November 13, 1940 – William Taubman, American political scientist and author
- December 8, 1940 – Brant Alyea, American baseball player