The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- January 8, 1940 – World War II: Britain introduces food rationing.
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- April 16, 1940 – Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians throws the only Opening Day no-hitter in the history of Major League Baseball, beating the Chicago White Sox 1–0.
- May 13, 1940 – World War II: Germany’s conquest of France begins as the German army crosses the Meuse. Winston Churchill makes his “blood, toil, tears, and sweat” speech to the House of Commons.
- June 4, 1940 – World War II: The Dunkirk evacuation ends: British forces complete evacuation of 338,000 troops from Dunkirk in France. To rally the morale of the country, Winston Churchill delivers, only to the House of Commons, his famous “We shall fight on the beaches” speech.
- August 7, 1940 – World War II: Alsace-Lorraine is annexed by the Third Reich.
- October 25, 1940 – Benjamin O. Davis, Sr. is named the first African American general in the United States Army.
- November 9, 1940 – Warsaw is awarded the Virtuti Militari.
- November 20, 1940 – World War II: Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
- November 24, 1940 – World War II: The First Slovak Republic becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- January 2, 1940 – Jim Bakker, American minister and television host
- January 9, 1940 – Al Downing, American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2005)
- January 27, 1940 – Terry Harper, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- March 2, 1940 – Tony Croatto, Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2005)
- March 20, 1940 – Giampiero Moretti, Italian race car driver and businessman, founded the Momo company (d. 2012)
- May 9, 1940 – James L. Brooks, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- August 1, 1940 – Henry Silverman, American businessman, founded the Cendant Corporation
- September 15, 1940 – Merlin Olsen, American football player, sportscaster, and actor (d. 2010)
- October 6, 1940 – Jan Keizer, Dutch footballer and referee
- November 27, 1940 – Bruce Lee, American-Chinese actor, martial artist, and screenwriter (d. 1973)