The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- May 7, 1940 – The Norway Debate in the British House of Commons begins, and leads to the replacement of Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain with Winston Churchill three days later.
- May 28, 1940 – World War II: Belgium surrenders to Nazi Germany to end the Battle of Belgium.
- June 3, 1940 – World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.
- June 18, 1940 – “Finest Hour” speech by Winston Churchill.
- August 19, 1940 – First flight of the B-25 Mitchell medium bomber.
- September 7, 1940 – World War II: The German Luftwaffe begins the Blitz, bombing London and other British cities for over 50 consecutive nights.
- September 29, 1940 – Two Avro Ansons of No. 2 Service Flying Training School RAAF collide in mid-air over Brocklesby, New South Wales, Australia, remain locked together after colliding, and then land safely.
- October 16, 1940 – Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto is established.
- October 26, 1940 – The P-51 Mustang makes its maiden flight.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- April 6, 1940 – Homero Aridjis, Mexican journalist, author, and poet
- April 11, 1940 – Władysław Komar, Polish shot putter and actor (d. 1998)
- April 21, 1940 – Jacques Caron, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- May 25, 1940 – Nobuyoshi Araki, Japanese photographer
- June 6, 1940 – Aarne Hermlin, Estonian chess player (d. 2007)
- July 3, 1940 – Fontella Bass, American singer-songwriter (d. 2012)
- September 14, 1940 – Jacques Godin, Canadian actor
- September 22, 1940 – Anna Karina, Danish-French actress, director, and screenwriter
- October 29, 1940 – Angela Douglas, English actress and singer
- December 28, 1940 – A. K. Antony, Indian lawyer and politician, Defence Minister of India