The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 7, 1940 – The second full-length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- May 10, 1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- May 15, 1940 – World War II: After fierce fighting, the poorly trained and equipped Dutch troops surrender to Germany, marking the beginning of five years of occupation.
- June 10, 1940 – World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt denounces Italy’s actions with his “Stab in the Back” speech at the graduation ceremonies of the University of Virginia.
- July 11, 1940 – World War II: Vichy France regime is formally established. Philippe Pétain becomes Prime Minister of France.
- October 9, 1940 – World War II: Battle of Britain: During a night-time air raid by the German Luftwaffe, St. Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London, England is hit by a bomb.
- October 14, 1940 – Balham underground station disaster in London, England, sixty-six people in the station were killed during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.
- October 15, 1940 – The President of Catalonia, Lluís Companys, is executed by the Spanish dictatorship of Francisco Franco, making him the only European president to have been executed.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- March 7, 1940 – Daniel J. Travanti, American actor
- March 16, 1940 – Bernardo Bertolucci, Italian director and screenwriter
- March 27, 1940 – Christina Jutterström, Swedish journalist
- April 16, 1940 – Thomas Stonor, 7th Baron Camoys, English banker and politician, Lord Chamberlain of the United Kingdom
- April 17, 1940 – Billy Fury, English singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1983)
- May 8, 1940 – James Blyth, Baron Blyth of Rowington, English businessman and academic
- July 3, 1940 – Fontella Bass, American singer-songwriter (d. 2012)
- September 11, 1940 – Nông Đức Mạnh, Vietnamese politician
- October 29, 1940 – Galen Weston, English-Canadian businessman and philanthropist, founded George Weston Limited