The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1940
- January 7, 1940 – Winter War: The Finnish 9th Division stops and completely destroys the overwhelming Soviet forces on the Raate-Suomussalmi road.
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 13, 1940 – The Russo-Finnish Winter War ends.
- May 17, 1940 – World War II: the old city centre of the Dutch town of Middelburg is bombed by the German Luftwaffe, to force the surrender of the Dutch armies in Zeeland.
- June 17, 1940 – The three Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania fall under the occupation of the Soviet Union.
- August 6, 1940 – Estonia was illegally annexed by the Soviet Union.
- September 29, 1940 – Two Avro Ansons of No. 2 Service Flying Training School RAAF collide in mid-air over Brocklesby, New South Wales, Australia, remain locked together after colliding, and then land safely.
- October 16, 1940 – Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto is established.
- November 5, 1940 – World War II: The British armed merchant cruiser, HMS Jervis Bay, is sunk by the German pocket battleship German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer.
- November 16, 1940 – New York City’s “Mad Bomber” George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- June 29, 1940 – John Dawes, Welsh rugby player and coach
- July 18, 1940 – James Brolin, American actor, director, and producer
- August 8, 1940 – Dennis Tito, American engineer and businessman, founded Wilshire Associates
- August 28, 1940 – Ken Jenkins, American actor
- September 2, 1940 – Jimmy Clanton, American singer
- September 11, 1940 – Theodore Olson, American lawyer and politician, United States Solicitor General
- October 2, 1940 – Gheorghe Gruia, Romanian-Mexican handball player and coach
- October 3, 1940 – Alan O'Day, American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- November 15, 1940 – Roberto Cavalli, Italian fashion designer
- November 27, 1940 – Bruce Lee, American-Chinese actor, martial artist, and screenwriter (d. 1973)