The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- April 9, 1940 – World War II: Operation Weserübung: Germany invades Denmark and Norway.
- April 25, 1940 – Merkið, the flag of the Faroe Islands is approved by the British occupation government.
- May 5, 1940 – World War II: Norwegian Campaign: Norwegian squads in Hegra Fortress and Vinjesvingen capitulate to German forces after all other Norwegian forces in southern Norway had laid down their arms.
- May 6, 1940 – John Steinbeck is awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Grapes of Wrath.
- June 3, 1940 – World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
- June 22, 1940 – France is forced to sign the Second Compiègne armistice with Germany.
- July 19, 1940 – World War II: Army order 112 forms the Intelligence Corps of the British Army.
- August 5, 1940 – World War II: The Soviet Union formally annexes Latvia.
- December 29, 1940 – World War II: In the Second Great Fire of London, the Luftwaffe fire-bombs London, England, UK, killing almost 200 civilians.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- February 19, 1940 – Bobby Rogers, American singer-songwriter (The Miracles) (d. 2013)
- February 22, 1940 – Judy Cornwell, English actress
- April 16, 1940 – Margaret Maden, English academic
- April 18, 1940 – Jaak Lipso, Estonian basketball player and coach
- April 23, 1940 – Michael Kadosh, Israeli footballer and manager (d. 2014)
- July 1, 1940 – Craig Brown, Scottish footballer and manager
- July 3, 1940 – César Tovar, Venezuelan baseball player (d. 1994)
- September 23, 1940 – Tim Rose, American singer-songwriter and banjo player (The Big 3) (d. 2002)
- October 17, 1940 – Peter Stringfellow, English businessman