The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1940 – Martin Kamen and Sam Ruben discover carbon-14.
- May 13, 1940 – World War II: Germany’s conquest of France begins as the German army crosses the Meuse. Winston Churchill makes his “blood, toil, tears, and sweat” speech to the House of Commons.
- May 14, 1940 – World War II: The Battle of the Netherlands ends with the Netherlands surrendering to Germany.
- May 15, 1940 – USS Sailfish is recommissioned. It was originally the USS Squalus.
- May 24, 1940 – Igor Sikorsky performs the first successful single-rotor helicopter flight.
- May 26, 1940 – World War II: Operation Dynamo: In northern France, Allied forces begin a massive evacuation from Dunkirk, France.
- June 3, 1940 – World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
- August 30, 1940 – The Second Vienna Award reassigns the territory of Northern Transylvania from Romania to Hungary.
- November 12, 1940 – World War II: Soviet Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov arrives in Berlin to discuss the possibility of the Soviet Union joining the Axis Powers.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- March 16, 1940 – Jan Pronk, Dutch academic and politician, Dutch Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment
- March 29, 1940 – Ray Davis, American singer (The Parliaments, Parliament, and Funkadelic) (d. 2005)
- March 31, 1940 – Brian Ackland-Snow, English production designer and art director (d. 2013)
- April 6, 1940 – Pedro Armendáriz, Jr., Mexican-American actor and producer (d. 2011)
- April 9, 1940 – Jim Roberts, Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2015)
- April 16, 1940 – Joan Snyder, American painter
- June 23, 1940 – Derry Irvine, Baron Irvine of Lairg, Scottish lawyer, judge, and politician, Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain
- July 23, 1940 – Don Imus, American radio host
- September 12, 1940 – Mickey Lolich, American baseball player
- October 15, 1940 – Tommy Bishop, English rugby player and coach