The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- May 6, 1940 – John Steinbeck is awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Grapes of Wrath.
- June 16, 1940 – A Communist government is installed in Lithuania.
- June 22, 1940 – France is forced to sign the Second Compiègne armistice with Germany.
- June 26, 1940 – World War II: Under the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, the Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Romania requiring it to cede Bessarabia and the northern part of Bukovina.
- July 19, 1940 – World War II: Battle of Cape Spada: The Royal Navy and the Regia Marina clash; the Italian light cruiser Bartolomeo Colleoni sinks, with 121 casualties.
- November 8, 1940 – Greco-Italian War: The Italian invasion of Greece fails as outnumbered Greek units repulse the Italians in the Battle of Elaia–Kalamas.
- November 12, 1940 – World War II: Soviet Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov arrives in Berlin to discuss the possibility of the Soviet Union joining the Axis Powers.
- November 23, 1940 – World War II: Romania becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- February 19, 1940 – Saparmurat Niyazov, Turkmen engineer and politician, 1st President of Turkmenistan (d. 2006)
- March 15, 1940 – Mel Phillips, American radio host and programmer
- April 26, 1940 – Cliff Watson, English rugby player
- June 27, 1940 – Ian Lang, Baron Lang of Monkton, Scottish politician, Secretary of State for Scotland
- July 24, 1940 – Stanley Hauerwas, American theologian and educator
- August 23, 1940 – Richard Sanders, American actor and screenwriter
- August 27, 1940 – Sonny Sharrock, American guitarist (Last Exit) (d. 1994)
- September 5, 1940 – Raquel Welch, American actress and singer
- September 13, 1940 – Óscar Arias, Costa Rican politician, President of Costa Rica, Nobel Prize laureate
- November 7, 1940 – Antonio Skármeta, Chilean author and academic