The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- January 8, 1940 – World War II: Britain introduces food rationing.
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1940 – First person killed in a German bombing raid on the UK in World War II during a raid on Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands, James Isbister.
- May 10, 1940 – World War II: German fighters accidentally bomb the German city of Freiburg.
- July 3, 1940 – World War II: In order to stop the ships from falling into German hands the French fleet of the Atlantic based at Mers El Kébir, is bombarded by the British fleet, coming from Gibraltar, causing the loss of three battleships: French battleship Dunkerque, French battleship Provence and French battleship Bretagne. One thousand two hundred sailors perish.
- September 16, 1940 – World War II: Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani.
- September 27, 1940 – World War II: The Tripartite Pact is signed in Berlin by Germany, Japan and Italy.
- November 16, 1940 – World War II: In response to the leveling of Coventry by the German Luftwaffe two days before, the Royal Air Force bombs Hamburg.
- November 27, 1940 – World War II: At the Battle of Cape Spartivento, the Royal Navy engages the Regia Marina in the Mediterranean Sea.
- December 22, 1940 – World War II: Himarë is captured by the Greek army.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- January 8, 1940 – Mark Bretscher, English biologist and academic
- February 12, 1940 – Richard Lynch, American actor and producer (d. 2012)
- March 3, 1940 – Owen Spencer-Thomas, English minister and journalist
- July 24, 1940 – Rex Garvin, American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (d. 2013)
- August 15, 1940 – Gudrun Ensslin, German militant leader, founded Red Army Faction (d. 1977)
- August 28, 1940 – Ken Jenkins, American actor
- September 9, 1940 – Hugh Morgan, Australian businessman
- September 29, 1940 – Brute Force, American singer-songwriter
- October 3, 1940 – Alan O'Day, American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- November 2, 1940 – Phil Minton, English singer and trumpet player