The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1940
- February 8, 1940 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 16, 1940 – World War II: Altmark Incident: The German tanker Altmark is boarded by sailors from the British destroyer HMS Cossack. 299 British prisoners are freed.
- April 9, 1940 – Vidkun Quisling seizes power in Norway.
- May 14, 1940 – World War II: The Battle of the Netherlands ends with the Netherlands surrendering to Germany.
- June 7, 1940 – King Haakon VII, Crown Prince Olav and the Norwegian government leaves Tromsø and goes into exile in London. They return exactly five years later
- July 19, 1940 – Field Marshal Ceremony: First occasion in World War II, that Hitler appointed field marshals due to military achievements.
- August 6, 1940 – Estonia was illegally annexed by the Soviet Union.
- September 11, 1940 – George Stibitz performs the first remote operation of a computer.
- September 12, 1940 – Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- November 27, 1940 – World War II: At the Battle of Cape Spartivento, the Royal Navy engages the Regia Marina in the Mediterranean Sea.
Who Were Born On 1940?
- January 24, 1940 – Joachim Gauck, German politician; 11th President of Germany
- January 29, 1940 – Katharine Ross, American actress and author
- February 25, 1940 – Ron Santo, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2010)
- March 6, 1940 – Willie Stargell, American baseball player and coach (d. 2001)
- April 14, 1940 – Julie Christie, India-born English actress
- April 17, 1940 – Billy Fury, English singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1983)
- April 19, 1940 – Genya Ravan, American singer-songwriter and producer (Goldie and the Gingerbreads and Ten Wheel Drive)
- May 29, 1940 – Farooq Leghari, Pakistani politician, 8th President of Pakistan (d. 2010)
- June 4, 1940 – Ludwig Schwarz, Slovak-Austrian bishop
- August 31, 1940 – Robbie Basho, American guitarist, pianist, and composer (d. 1986)