The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UBAEPISES? Check your answers here: Word finder UBAEPISES. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1941
- January 27, 1941 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- January 28, 1941 – Franco-Thai War: Final air battle of the conflict. A Japanese-mediated armistice goes into effect later in the day.
- March 15, 1941 – Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.
- March 28, 1941 – World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan – in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.
- April 15, 1941 – In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Luftwaffe attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- June 14, 1941 – June deportation: the first major wave of Soviet mass deportations and murder of Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians, begins.
- June 22, 1941 – The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- June 23, 1941 – The Lithuanian Activist Front declares independence from the Soviet Union and forms the Provisional Government of Lithuania; it lasts only briefly as the Nazis will occupy Lithuania a few weeks later.
- July 4, 1941 – World War II: The Burning of the Riga synagogues: The Great Choral Synagogue in German occupied Riga is burned with 300 Jews locked in the basement.
- November 12, 1941 – World War II: The Soviet cruiser Chervona Ukraina is destroyed during the Battle of Sevastopol.
Who Were Born On 1941?
- January 1, 1941 – Martin Evans, English-Welsh geneticist and academic
- February 23, 1941 – Ron Hunt, American baseball player
- March 17, 1941 – Paul Kantner, American guitarist (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and KBC Band)
- April 17, 1941 – Lagle Parek, Estonian architect and politician, Estonian Minister of the Interior
- April 23, 1941 – Jacqueline Boyer, French singer and actress
- May 10, 1941 – Winfried Bischoff, German-English banker and businessman
- June 25, 1941 – Eddie Large, Scottish comedian and actor
- June 28, 1941 – David Johnston, Canadian academic, lawyer, and politician, 28th Governor-General of Canada
- August 26, 1941 – Jane Merrow, English actress, producer, and screenwriter
- November 9, 1941 – Tom Fogerty, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Creedence Clearwater Revival and Ruby) (d. 1990)