The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1942
- January 16, 1942 – Crash of TWA Flight 3, killing all 22 aboard, including film star Carole Lombard.
- February 14, 1942 – Battle of Pasir Panjang contributes to the fall of Singapore.
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 11, 1942 – World War II: General Douglas MacArthur flees Corregidor.
- March 29, 1942 – The Bombing of Lübeck in World War II is the first major success for the RAF Bomber Command against Germany and a German city.
- May 8, 1942 – World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- July 6, 1942 – Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the “Secret Annexe” above her father’s office in an Amsterdam warehouse.
- July 23, 1942 – World War II: The German offensives Operation Edelweiss and Operation Braunschweig begin.
- November 30, 1942 – World War II: Battle of Tassafaronga; A smaller squadron of Japanese destroyers led by Raizō Tanaka defeats a U.S. cruiser force under Carleton H. Wright.
- December 24, 1942 – World War II: French monarchist, Fernand Bonnier de La Chapelle, assassinates Vichy French Admiral François Darlan in Algiers, Algeria.
Who Were Born On 1942?
- January 9, 1942 – Tony Harding, English illustrator (d. 2014)
- February 14, 1942 – Michael Bloomberg, American businessman and politician, 108th Mayor of New York City
- February 28, 1942 – Brian Jones, English guitarist, songwriter, and producer (The Rolling Stones) (d. 1969)
- March 8, 1942 – Ann Packer, English sprinter, hurdler, and long jumper
- March 21, 1942 – Kostas Politis, Greek basketball player and coach
- April 20, 1942 – Arto Paasilinna, Finnish journalist and author
- July 12, 1942 – Billy Smith, Australian rugby player and coach
- August 7, 1942 – Garrison Keillor, American author and radio host
- September 23, 1942 – Colin Low, Baron Low of Dalston, Scottish scholar and politician
- December 14, 1942 – Chris Harris, English actor and director (d. 2014)