The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1942
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 11, 1942 – World War II: General Douglas MacArthur flees Corregidor.
- May 27, 1942 – World War II: In Operation Anthropoid, Reinhard Heydrich is fatally wounded in Prague; he dies of his injuries eight days later.
- May 31, 1942 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Navy midget submarines begin a series of attacks on Sydney, Australia.
- June 3, 1942 – World War II: Japan begins the Aleutian Islands Campaign by bombing Unalaska Island.
- August 21, 1942 – World War II: The Guadalcanal Campaign: American forces defeat an attack by Imperial Japanese Army soldiers in the Battle of the Tenaru.
- October 7, 1942 – World War II: The October Matanikau action on Guadalcanal begins as United States Marine Corps forces attack Imperial Japanese Army units along the Matanikau River.
- November 6, 1942 – World War II: Carlson’s patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign begins.
- November 11, 1942 – World War II: Nazi Germany completes its occupation of France.
- November 22, 1942 – World War II: Battle of Stalingrad: General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th Army is surrounded.
Who Were Born On 1942?
- March 7, 1942 – Michael Eisner, American businessman
- April 21, 1942 – Pierre Lorrain, Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 2004)
- May 6, 1942 – Rin Kaiho, Chinese-Japanese go player
- May 12, 1942 – Ian Dury, English singer-songwriter and actor (The Blockheads and Kilburn and the High Roads) (d. 2000)
- June 15, 1942 – Peter Norman, Australian sprinter (d. 2006)
- August 10, 1942 – Michael Pepper, English physicist and engineer
- September 29, 1942 – Bill Nelson, American captain and politician
- October 13, 1942 – Rutanya Alda, Latvian-American actress
- November 27, 1942 – Jimi Hendrix, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Jimmy James and the Blue Flames) (d. 1970)
- December 22, 1942 – Dick Parry, English saxophonist (Jokers Wild)