The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Erika’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1942
- February 9, 1942 – World War II: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- April 18, 1942 – Pierre Laval becomes Prime Minister of Vichy France.
- May 30, 1942 – World War II: One thousand British bombers launch a 90-minute attack on Cologne, Germany.
- August 6, 1942 – Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
- August 8, 1942 – Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- September 5, 1942 – World War II: Japanese high command orders withdrawal at Milne Bay, the first major Japanese defeat in land warfare during the Pacific War.
- September 15, 1942 – World War II: U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Wasp is sunk by a Japanese torpedo at Guadalcanal.
- October 23, 1942 – World War II: Second Battle of El Alamein: At El Alamein in northern Egypt, the British Eighth Army under Field Marshal Montgomery begins a critical offensive to expel the Axis armies from Egypt.
- November 21, 1942 – The completion of the Alaska Highway (also known as the Alcan Highway) is celebrated (however, the highway is not usable by general vehicles until 1943).
Who Were Born On 1942?
- February 24, 1942 – Colin Bond, Australian race car driver
- March 4, 1942 – Charles C. Krulak, American general
- April 19, 1942 – Maarten van den Bergh, American-Dutch businessman
- June 2, 1942 – Maree Cheatham, American actress
- August 7, 1942 – B. J. Thomas, American singer and actor
- September 6, 1942 – Mel McDaniel, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011)
- September 29, 1942 – Ian McShane, English actor, director, and producer
- October 26, 1942 – Bob Hoskins, English actor, singer, and director (d. 2014)
- November 7, 1942 – Tom Peters, American businessman and author
- November 29, 1942 – John Grillo, English actor and playwright