The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Caden’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1942
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- May 8, 1942 – World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- May 9, 1942 – Holocaust: The SS murders 588 Jewish residents of the Podolian town of Zinkiv (Khmelnytska oblast, Ukraine). The Zoludek Ghetto (in Belarus) is destroyed and all its inhabitants murdered or deported.
- June 28, 1942 – World War II: Nazi Germany starts its strategic summer offensive against the Soviet Union, codenamed Case Blue
- July 10, 1942 – Diplomatic relations between the Netherlands and the Soviet Union are established.
- August 6, 1942 – Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
- October 12, 1942 – World War II: Japanese ships retreat after their defeat in the Battle of Cape Esperance with the Japanese commander, Aritomo Gotō dying from wounds suffered in the battle and two Japanese destroyers sunk by Allied air attack.
- November 19, 1942 – World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – Soviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR’s favor.
- November 26, 1942 – World War II: Yugoslav Partisans convene the first meeting of the Anti-Fascist Council of National Liberation of Yugoslavia at Bihać in northwestern Bosnia.
- December 12, 1942 – A fire in a hostel in St. John’s, Newfoundland, kills 100 people.
Who Were Born On 1942?
- January 4, 1942 – Precious Bryant, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
- March 1, 1942 – Peter Guber, American film producer
- March 28, 1942 – Kitanofuji Katsuaki, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 52nd Yokozuna
- April 29, 1942 – Lynda Chalker, Baroness Chalker of Wallasey, English politician, Minister of State for Europe
- May 12, 1942 – Michel Fugain, French singer-songwriter
- May 23, 1942 – Kovelamudi Raghavendra Rao, Indian director, screenwriter, and choreographer
- July 23, 1942 – Sallyanne Atkinson, Australian journalist and politician, Lord Mayor of Brisbane
- October 5, 1942 – Billy Scott, American singer-songwriter (d. 2012)
- December 12, 1942 – Brough Scott, English jockey and journalist
- December 21, 1942 – Reinhard Mey, German singer-songwriter and guitarist