The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1942
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1942 – World War II: General Douglas MacArthur, at Terowie, South Australia, makes his famous speech regarding the fall of the Philippines, in which he says: “I came out of Bataan and I shall return”.
- April 18, 1942 – Pierre Laval becomes Prime Minister of Vichy France.
- April 26, 1942 – Benxihu Colliery accident in Manchukuo leaves 1549 Chinese miners dead.
- September 7, 1942 – World War II: Australian and US forces inflict a significant defeat upon the Japanese at the Battle of Milne Bay.
- September 21, 1942 – In Dunaivtsi, Ukraine, Nazis murder 2,588 Jews.
- November 8, 1942 – World War II: French resistance coup in Algiers, in which 400 civilian French patriots neutralize Vichyist XIXth Army Corps after 15 hours of fighting, and arrest several Vichyst generals, allowing the immediate success of Operation Torch in Algiers.
- November 28, 1942 – In Boston, Massachusetts, a fire in the Cocoanut Grove nightclub kills 492 people.
Who Were Born On 1942?
- January 11, 1942 – Bud Acton, American basketball player
- April 2, 1942 – Roshan Seth, Indian-English actor
- April 15, 1942 – Tim Lankester, English economist and academic
- June 29, 1942 – Charlotte Bingham, English author and screenwriter
- September 22, 1942 – Candida Lycett Green, Irish-English journalist and author (d. 2014)
- October 22, 1942 – Bobby Fuller, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Bobby Fuller Four) (d. 1966)
- October 23, 1942 – Anita Roddick, English businesswoman and activist, founded The Body Shop (d. 2007)
- November 10, 1942 – James Hood, American activist (d. 2013)
- December 17, 1942 – Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerian general and politician, 7th Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- December 29, 1942 – Rajesh Khanna, Indian actor, singer, and producer (d. 2012)