The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1943
- January 31, 1943 – World War II: German Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus surrenders to the Soviets at Stalingrad, followed 2 days later by the remainder of his Sixth Army, ending one of the war’s fiercest battles.
- February 5, 1943 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1943 – World War II: German Afrika Korps and Italian troops in North Africa surrender to Allied forces.
- July 5, 1943 – World War II: An Allied invasion fleet sails for Sicily (Operation Husky, July 10, 1943).
- August 17, 1943 – World War II: The Royal Air Force begins Operation Hydra, the first air raid of the Operation Crossbow strategic bombing campaign against Germany’s V-weapon program.
- August 31, 1943 – USS Harmon, the first U.S. Navy ship to be named after a black person, is commissioned.
- November 3, 1943 – World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshaven harbor in Germany.
- November 15, 1943 – The Holocaust: German SS leader Heinrich Himmler orders that Gypsies are to be put “on the same level as Jews and placed in concentration camps”. (See Porajmos.)
- December 30, 1943 – Subhas Chandra Bose raises the flag of Indian independence at Port Blair.
Who Were Born On 1943?
- March 20, 1943 – Gerard Malanga, American poet and photographer
- March 29, 1943 – Chad Allan, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Guess Who and Brave Belt)
- April 8, 1943 – Chris Orr, English painter and illustrator
- May 31, 1943 – Sharon Gless, American actress
- August 4, 1943 – Bjørn Wirkola, Norwegian ski jumper and footballer
- August 10, 1943 – Ronnie Spector, American singer-songwriter (The Ronettes)
- September 23, 1943 – Tanuja, Indian actress
- October 27, 1943 – Carmen Argenziano, American actor and producer
- December 27, 1943 – Peter Sinfield, English songwriter and producer