The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1943
- February 5, 1943 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 7, 1943 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Navy forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- February 14, 1943 – World War II: Rostov-on-Don, Russia is liberated.
- February 16, 1943 – World War II: Red Army troops re-enter Kharkov.
- March 5, 1943 – First flight of Gloster Meteor jet aircraft in the United Kingdom.
- March 15, 1943 – World War II: Third Battle of Kharkov – the Germans retake the city of Kharkov from the Soviet armies in bitter street fighting.
- May 13, 1943 – World War II: German Afrika Korps and Italian troops in North Africa surrender to Allied forces.
- May 15, 1943 – Joseph Stalin dissolves the Comintern (or Third International).
- August 2, 1943 – World War II: The Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.
Who Were Born On 1943?
- January 1, 1943 – Ronald Perelman, American businessman, founded MacAndrews & Forbes
- March 22, 1943 – George Benson, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fuse One)
- May 15, 1943 – Freddie Perren, American songwriter, producer, and conductor (d. 2004)
- June 23, 1943 – Vint Cerf, American computer scientist and engineer
- June 30, 1943 – Eddie Rambeau, American singer-songwriter, and actor
- August 17, 1943 – Ian McAllister, Scottish businessman
- August 24, 1943 – John Cipollina, American guitarist (Quicksilver Messenger Service, The Dinosaurs, and Man) (d. 1989)
- September 9, 1943 – Art LaFleur, American actor
- October 30, 1943 – David Triesman, Baron Triesman, English union leader and politician
- November 7, 1943 – Joni Mitchell, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist