The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1943
- February 5, 1943 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- March 22, 1943 – World War II: the entire population of Khatyn in Belarus is burnt alive by German occupation forces.
- June 23, 1943 – World War II: The British destroyers HMS Eclipse and HMS Laforey sink the Italian submarine Ascianghi in the Mediterranean after she torpedoes the cruiser HMS Newfoundland.
- July 4, 1943 – World War II: In Gibraltar, a Royal Air Force B-24 Liberator bomber crashes into the sea in an apparent accident moments after takeoff, killing sixteen passengers on board; only the pilot survives.
- July 5, 1943 – World War II: German forces begin a massive offensive against the Soviet Union at the Battle of Kursk, also known as Operation Citadel.
- July 28, 1943 – World War II: Operation Gomorrah: The Royal Air Force bombs Hamburg, Germany causing a firestorm that kills 42,000 German civilians.
- October 10, 1943 – Double Tenth incident in Japanese-controlled Singapore
- October 14, 1943 – World War II: The American Eighth Air Force loses 60 of 291 B-17 Flying Fortress heavy bombers in aerial combat during the second mass-daylight air raid on the Schweinfurt ball bearing factories in western Nazi Germany.
- November 29, 1943 – World War II: The second session of the Anti-Fascist Council for the National Liberation of Yugoslavia (AVNOJ), held to determine the post-war ordering of the country, concludes in Jajce in what is now Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- December 26, 1943 – World War II: German warship Scharnhorst is sunk off of Norway’s North Cape after a battle against major Royal Navy forces.
Who Were Born On 1943?
- February 4, 1943 – Ken Thompson, American computer scientist, co-developed the B programming language
- February 19, 1943 – Lou Christie, American singer-songwriter
- February 20, 1943 – Carlos, French singer and actor (d. 2008)
- March 17, 1943 – Jeff Banks, Welsh fashion designer
- March 28, 1943 – Conchata Ferrell, American actress
- June 2, 1943 – Ilaiyaraaja, Indian singer-songwriter and producer
- June 13, 1943 – Jim Guy Tucker, American lawyer and politician, 43rd Governor of Arkansas
- August 16, 1943 – Woody Peoples, American football player (d. 2010)
- November 13, 1943 – André-Gilles Fortin, Canadian politician (d. 1977)
- December 23, 1943 – Mikhail Leonidovich Gromov, Russian-French mathematician and academic