The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1943
- January 14, 1943 – World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill begin the Casablanca Conference to discuss strategy and study the next phase of the war.
- February 5, 1943 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 5, 1943 – World War II: American bomber aircraft accidentally cause more than 900 civilian deaths, including 209 children, and 1,300 wounded among the civilian population of the Belgian town of Mortsel. Their target was the Erla factory one kilometer from the residential area hit.
- April 25, 1943 – The Demyansk Shield for German troops in commemoration of Demyansk Pocket is instituted.
- May 22, 1943 – Joseph Stalin disbands Comintern.
- May 24, 1943 – The Holocaust: Josef Mengele becomes chief medical officer of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- July 25, 1943 – World War II: Benito Mussolini is forced out of office by his own Italian Grand Council and is replaced by Pietro Badoglio.
- August 29, 1943 – German-occupied Denmark scuttles most of its navy; Germany dissolves the Danish government.
- September 3, 1943 – World War II: The Allied invasion of Italy begins on the same day that U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign the Armistice of Cassibile aboard the Royal Navy battleship HMS Nelson off Malta.
- December 28, 1943 – World War II: After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the Battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Division and the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.
Who Were Born On 1943?
- January 29, 1943 – Molly Meldrum, Australian journalist, critic, and producer
- February 27, 1943 – Mary Frann, American actress (d. 1998)
- March 23, 1943 – Andrew Crockett, Scottish-English economist and banker (d. 2012)
- May 14, 1943 – Richard Peto, English statistician and epidemiologist
- July 16, 1943 – Reinaldo Arenas, Cuban-American author, poet, and playwright (d. 1990)
- August 30, 1943 – Robert Crumb, American illustrator
- August 31, 1943 – Leonid Ivashov, Russian general
- November 19, 1943 – Aurelio Monteagudo, Cuban-American baseball player and manager (d. 1990)
- December 17, 1943 – Mary Brunner, American criminal
- December 21, 1943 – Walter Spanghero, French rugby player