The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1944 – World War II: American forces land on Kwajalein Atoll and other islands in the Japanese-held Marshall Islands.
- March 24, 1944 – World War II: In an event later dramatized in the movie The Great Escape, 76 Allied prisoners of war begin breaking out of the German camp Stalag Luft III.
- May 1, 1944 – World War II: Two hundred Communist prisoners are shot by the Germans at Kaisariani in Athens, Greece in reprisal for the killing of General Franz Krech by partisans at Molaoi.
- July 21, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Guam: American troops land on Guam starting the battle. It would end on August 10.
- August 9, 1944 – Continuation War: The Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive, the largest offensive launched by Soviet Union against Finland during the Second World War, ends to a strategic stalemate. Both Finnish and Soviet troops at the Finnish front dug to defensive positions, and the front remains stable until the end of the war.
- August 29, 1944 – Slovak National Uprising takes place as 60,000 Slovak troops turn against the Nazis.
- September 19, 1944 – Armistice between Finland and Soviet Union is signed. (End of the Continuation War).
- October 13, 1944 – World War II: Riga, the capital of Latvia is occupied by the Red Army.
- November 4, 1944 – World War II: Bitola Liberation Day
Who Were Born On 1944?
- January 7, 1944 – Kotaro Suzumura, Japanese economist and academic
- January 26, 1944 – Jerry Sandusky, American football player and coach
- March 8, 1944 – Sergey Nikitin, Russian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- May 20, 1944 – Kathrin Thomas, Welsh politician, Lord Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan
- July 10, 1944 – Norman Hammond, English archaeologist and academic
- September 21, 1944 – Hamilton Jordan, American politician, 8th White House Chief of Staff (d. 2008)
- October 7, 1944 – Pete van Wieren, American sportscaster (d. 2014)
- November 11, 1944 – Chris Smither, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- December 19, 1944 – Richard Leakey, Kenyan paleontologist and politician
- December 25, 1944 – Kenny Everett, English comedian, actor, and radio host (d. 1995)