The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 22, 1944 – World War II: The Allies commence Operation Shingle, an assault on Anzio and Nettuno, Italy.
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 17, 1944 – World War II: The Battle of Eniwetok Atoll begins. The battle ends in an American victory on February 22.
- June 20, 1944 – Continuation War: The Soviet Union demands an unconditional surrender from Finland during the beginning of partially successful Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive. The Finnish government refuses.
- July 9, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Saipan: American forces take Saipan in the Mariana Islands.
- August 9, 1944 – Continuation War: The Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive, the largest offensive launched by Soviet Union against Finland during the Second World War, ends to a strategic stalemate. Both Finnish and Soviet troops at the Finnish front dug to defensive positions, and the front remains stable until the end of the war.
- August 12, 1944 – Alençon is liberated by General Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque, the first city in France to be liberated from the Nazis by French forces.
- September 17, 1944 – World War II: Allied Airborne troops parachute into the Netherlands as the “Market” half of Operation Market Garden.
- November 16, 1944 – World War II: Dueren, Germany, is destroyed by Allied bombers.
- December 17, 1944 – World War II: Battle of the Bulge – Malmedy massacre – American 285th Field Artillery Observation Battalion POWs are shot by Waffen-SS Kampfgruppe Peiper.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- March 8, 1944 – Sergey Nikitin, Russian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- March 15, 1944 – Chi Cheng, Taiwanese runner and politician
- May 21, 1944 – Haleh Afshar, Baroness Afshar, Iranian-English academic and politician
- May 26, 1944 – Jan Kinder, Norwegian ice hockey player (d. 2013)
- June 24, 1944 – Nancy Cartwright, American philosopher and academic
- August 19, 1944 – Charles Wang, Chinese-American businessman and philanthropist; co-founder, Computer Associates International
- August 21, 1944 – Peter Weir, Australian director, producer, and screenwriter
- August 31, 1944 – Clive Lloyd, Guyanese cricketer
- September 11, 1944 – Freddy Thielemans, Belgian educator and politician, Mayor of Brussels
- December 2, 1944 – Botho Strauß, German author and playwright