The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- June 4, 1944 – World War II: Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
- June 10, 1944 – In baseball, 15-year-old Joe Nuxhall of the Cincinnati Reds becomes the youngest player ever in a major-league game.
- July 6, 1944 – Jackie Robinson refuses to move to the back of a bus, leading to a court-martial.
- September 6, 1944 – World War II: Soviet forces capture the city of Tartu, Estonia.
- September 18, 1944 – World War II: The British submarine HMS Tradewind torpedoes Jun'yō Maru, 5,600 killed.
- September 25, 1944 – World War II: Surviving elements of the British 1st Airborne Division withdraw from Arnhem in the Netherlands, thus ending the Battle of Arnhem and Operation Market Garden.
- October 5, 1944 – Suffrage is extended to women in France.
- October 8, 1944 – World War II: The Battle of Crucifix Hill occurs just outside Aachen. Capt. Bobbie Brown receives a Medal of Honor for his heroics in this battle.
- November 16, 1944 – World War II: Dueren, Germany, is destroyed by Allied bombers.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- January 9, 1944 – Jimmy Page, English guitarist, songwriter, and producer
- January 27, 1944 – Nick Mason, English drummer, songwriter, and producer (Pink Floyd)
- February 2, 1944 – Ursula Oppens, American pianist and educator
- March 4, 1944 – Glen Baxter, English cartoonist
- May 27, 1944 – Ingrid Roscoe, English historian and politician, Lord Lieutenant of West Yorkshire
- July 30, 1944 – Frances de la Tour, English actress
- August 26, 1944 – Maureen Tucker, American singer-songwriter and drummer (The Velvet Underground and Half Japanese)
- September 15, 1944 – Mauro Piacenza, Italian cardinal
- October 24, 1944 – Ted Templeman, American singer, guitarist, and producer (Harpers Bizarre)
- November 28, 1944 – Rita Mae Brown, American author, poet, and screenwriter