The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katelyn’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 5, 1944 – The Daily Mail becomes the first transoceanic newspaper.
- January 18, 1944 – World War II: Soviet forces liberate Leningrad, effectively ending a three-year Nazi siege, known as the Siege of Leningrad.
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1944 – World War II: The United States takes Eniwetok Island.
- May 11, 1944 – World War II: The Allies begin a major offensive against the Axis Powers on the Gustav Line.
- May 18, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Monte Cassino: Conclusion after seven days of the fourth battle as German paratroopers evacuate Monte Cassino.
- June 7, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Normandy – At Ardenne Abbey, members of the SS Division Hitlerjugend massacre 23 Canadian prisoners of war.
- June 13, 1944 – World War II: German combat elements - reinforced by the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division - launch a counterattack on American forces near Carentan.
- September 15, 1944 – Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill meet in Quebec as part of the Octagon Conference to discuss strategy.
- October 23, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Leyte Gulf: The largest naval battle in history begins in the Philippines.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- February 10, 1944 – Frank Keating, American lawyer and politician, 25th Governor of Oklahoma
- February 16, 1944 – Richard Ford, American novelist and short story writer
- April 24, 1944 – Maarja Nummert, Estonian architect
- April 30, 1944 – Graham Upton, English-Australian academic
- June 7, 1944 – Erling Wicklund, Swedish-Norwegian trombonist, composer, and journalist
- June 20, 1944 – David Roper, English actor
- June 23, 1944 – Ingrīda Andriņa, Latvian actress (d. 2015)
- August 4, 1944 – Doudou Ndoye, Senegalese lawyer and politician
- September 18, 1944 – Charles L. Veach, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut (d. 1995)
- November 10, 1944 – Silvestre Reyes, American sergeant and politician