The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lynda’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- April 13, 1944 – Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- April 26, 1944 – Georgios Papandreou becomes head of the Greek government-in-exile based in Egypt.
- June 4, 1944 – World War II: A hunter-killer group of the United States Navy captures the German submarine U-505: The first time a U.S. Navy vessel had captured an enemy vessel at sea since the 19th century.
- August 26, 1944 – World War II: Charles de Gaulle enters Paris.
- August 29, 1944 – Slovak National Uprising takes place as 60,000 Slovak troops turn against the Nazis.
- September 6, 1944 – World War II: Soviet forces capture the city of Tartu, Estonia.
- September 8, 1944 – World War II: London is hit by a V-2 rocket for the first time.
- October 20, 1944 – The Soviet Army and Yugoslav Partisans liberate Belgrade, the capital of Yugoslavia
- December 16, 1944 – World War II: The Battle of the Bulge begins with the surprise offensive of three German armies through the Ardennes forest.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- January 12, 1944 – Carlos Villagrán, Mexican actor and journalist
- January 15, 1944 – Jenny Nimmo, English author
- February 1, 1944 – Dick Snyder, American basketball player
- February 28, 1944 – Sepp Maier, German footballer and manager
- March 29, 1944 – Terry Jacks, Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Poppy Family)
- April 21, 1944 – Paul Geremia, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- April 28, 1944 – Elizabeth LeCompte, American director and producer
- September 17, 1944 – Les Emmerson, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Five Man Electrical Band)
- October 29, 1944 – Claude Brochu, Canadian businessman
- December 20, 1944 – Bobby Colomby, American drummer and producer (Blood, Sweat & Tears)