The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 4, 1944 – World War II: Operation Carpetbagger, involving the dropping of arms and supplies to resistance fighters in Europe, begins.
- January 5, 1944 – The Daily Mail becomes the first transoceanic newspaper.
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- January 30, 1944 – World War II: The Battle of Cisterna, part of Operation Shingle, begins in central Italy.
- June 16, 1944 – At age 14, George Junius Stinney, Jr. becomes the youngest person executed in the United States in the 20th century.
- June 25, 1944 – World War II: United States Navy and British Royal Navy ships bombard Cherbourg to support United States Army units engaged in the Battle of Cherbourg.
- July 17, 1944 – World War II: Napalm incendiary bombs are dropped for the first time by American P-38 pilots on a fuel depot at Coutances, near Saint-Lô, France.
- October 5, 1944 – Royal Canadian Air Force pilots shoot down the first German jet fighter over France.
- October 31, 1944 – Erich Göstl, a member of the Waffen-SS, is awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, to recognise extreme battlefield bravery, after losing his face and eyes during the Battle of Normandy.
- December 22, 1944 – World War II: The Vietnam People’s Army is formed to resist Japanese occupation of Indochina, now Vietnam.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- March 15, 1944 – Francis Mankiewicz, Canadian director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1993)
- March 23, 1944 – Tony McPhee, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Groundhogs)
- April 8, 1944 – Deke Richards, American songwriter and producer (d. 2013)
- April 30, 1944 – Graham Upton, English-Australian academic
- May 26, 1944 – Jan Kinder, Norwegian ice hockey player (d. 2013)
- May 27, 1944 – Chris Dodd, American lawyer and politician
- June 17, 1944 – Chris Spedding, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Nucleus and Sharks)
- August 27, 1944 – G.W. Bailey, American actor
- October 4, 1944 – Rocío Dúrcal, Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006)
- December 12, 1944 – Zoe Laskari, Greek model and actress