The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1944
- January 25, 1944 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 17, 1944 – World War II: The Battle of Eniwetok Atoll begins. The battle ends in an American victory on February 22.
- July 9, 1944 – World War II: Battle of Saipan: American forces take Saipan in the Mariana Islands.
- October 7, 1944 – World War II: During an uprising at Birkenau concentration camp, Jewish prisoners burn down the crematoria.
- October 14, 1944 – Linked to a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel is forced to commit suicide.
- October 20, 1944 – Liquefied natural gas leaks from storage tanks in Cleveland and then explodes; the explosion and resulting fire level 30 blocks and kill 130.
- October 24, 1944 – World War II: The Japanese aircraft carrier Zuikaku and the Japanese battleship Musashi are sunk by American aircraft in the Battle of Leyte Gulf.
- November 12, 1944 – World War II: The Royal Air Force launches 29 Avro Lancaster bombers, which sink the German battleship Tirpitz, with 12,000 lb Tallboy bombs off Tromsø, Norway.
- November 24, 1944 – World War II: Bombing of Tokyo: The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1944?
- February 10, 1944 – Frank Keating, American lawyer and politician, 25th Governor of Oklahoma
- February 23, 1944 – Florian Fricke, German keyboard player (Popol Vuh and Gila)
- May 5, 1944 – Bo Larsson, Swedish footballer
- May 9, 1944 – Richie Furay, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Poco, Buffalo Springfield, and Souther–Hillman–Furay Band)
- August 8, 1944 – Michael Johnson, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- August 26, 1944 – Stephen Greif, English actor
- September 30, 1944 – Diane Dufresne, Canadian singer and painter
- October 3, 1944 – Pierre Deligne, Belgian mathematician and academic
- October 13, 1944 – Robert Lamm, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Chicago)
- December 15, 1944 – Chico Mendes, Brazilian union leader and activist (d. 1988)