The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1945
- January 26, 1945 – World War II: Audie Murphy in action for which he will be awarded the Medal of Honor.
- January 31, 1945 – World War II: About 3,000 inmates from the Stutthof concentration camp are forcibly marched into the Baltic Sea at Palmnicken (now Yantarny, Russia) and executed.
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1945 – World War II: A former Armia Krajowa unit massacres at least 150 Ukrainian civilians in Pawłokoma, Poland.
- April 4, 1945 – World War II: Soviet troops liberate Hungary from German occupation and occupy the country itself.
- April 13, 1945 – World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- May 1, 1945 – World War II: A German newsreader officially announces that Adolf Hitler has “fallen at his command post in the Reich Chancellery fighting to the last breath against Bolshevism and for Germany”. The Soviet flag is raised over the Reich Chancellery, by order of Stalin.
- May 4, 1945 – World War II: German surrender at Lüneburg Heath, the North German Army surrenders to Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery.
- July 26, 1945 – The United States Navy cruiser USS Indianapolis arrives at Tinian with parts of the warhead for the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
- October 17, 1945 – A massive number of people, headed by CGT, gather in the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires, Argentina to demand Juan Perón’s release. It calls “el día de la lealtad peronista” (peronista loyalty day)
Who Were Born On 1945?
- March 15, 1945 – Mark J. Green, American lawyer and politician
- April 2, 1945 – Don Sutton, American baseball player and sportscaster
- April 7, 1945 – Hans van Hemert, Dutch songwriter and producer
- April 26, 1945 – Howard Davies, English director and producer
- July 3, 1945 – Saharon Shelah, Israeli mathematician and academic
- July 9, 1945 – Root Boy Slim, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1993)
- August 5, 1945 – Loni Anderson, American actress
- November 5, 1945 – Aleka Papariga, Greek accountant and politician
- November 23, 1945 – Keith Hampshire, English-Canadian singer-songwriter and radio host