The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1945
- January 9, 1945 – World War II: The United States invades Luzon in the Philippines.
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1945 – World War II: On the first day of the bombing of Dresden, the British Royal Air Force and the United States Army Air Forces begin fire-bombing Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony.
- March 26, 1945 – World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ends as the island is officially secured by American forces.
- April 26, 1945 – World War II: Filipino troops of the 66th Infantry Regiment, Philippine Commonwealth Army, USAFIP-NL and the American troops of the 33rd and 37th Infantry Division, United States Army are liberated in Baguio City and they fight against the Japanese forces under General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
- May 4, 1945 – World War II: German surrender at Lüneburg Heath, the North German Army surrenders to Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery.
- May 8, 1945 – World War II: V-E Day, combat ends in Europe. German forces agree in Reims, France, to an unconditional surrender.
- May 12, 1945 – Argentinian labour leader José Peter declares the Federación Obrera de la Industria de la Carne dissolved.
- July 31, 1945 – Pierre Laval, the fugitive former leader of Vichy France, surrenders to Allied soldiers in Austria.
- August 14, 1945 – The Viet Minh launches August Revolution amid the political confusion and power vacuum engulfing Vietnam.
Who Were Born On 1945?
- February 12, 1945 – Cliff DeYoung, American actor and singer (Clear Light)
- March 4, 1945 – Tim Weigel, American sportscaster (d. 2001)
- March 10, 1945 – Katharine Houghton, American actress and playwright
- May 1, 1945 – Carson Whitsett, American keyboard player, songwriter, and producer (The Imperial Show Band and Booker T. & the M.G.'s) (d. 2007)
- May 27, 1945 – Bruce Cockburn, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Esquires and The Flying Circus)
- May 28, 1945 – John Fogerty, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Golliwogs)
- May 29, 1945 – Martin Pipe, English jockey and trainer
- June 28, 1945 – Ken Buchanan, Scottish boxer
- August 27, 1945 – Douglas R. Campbell, Canadian lawyer and judge
- October 1, 1945 – Donny Hathaway, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Earth, Wind & Fire) (d. 1979)