The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1945
- January 16, 1945 – Adolf Hitler moves into his underground bunker, the so-called Führerbunker.
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- May 1, 1945 – World War II: Up to 2,500 people die in a mass suicide in Demmin following the advance of the Red Army.
- May 5, 1945 – World War II: The Prague uprising begins as an attempt by the Czech resistance to free the city from German occupation.
- May 8, 1945 – Hundreds of Algerian civilians are killed by French Army soldiers in the Sétif massacre.
- July 17, 1945 – World War II: The main three leaders of the Allied nations, Winston Churchill, Harry S. Truman and Joseph Stalin, meet in the German city of Potsdam to decide the future of a defeated Germany.
- August 6, 1945 – World War II: Hiroshima, Japan is devastated when the atomic bomb “Little Boy” is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning.
- August 8, 1945 – The London Charter is signed by France, the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and the United States, establishing the laws and procedures for the Nuremberg trials.
- August 14, 1945 – The Viet Minh launches August Revolution amid the political confusion and power vacuum engulfing Vietnam.
- November 10, 1945 – Heavy fighting in Surabaya between Indonesian nationalists and returning colonialists after World War II, today celebrated as Heroes’ Day (Hari Pahlawan).
Who Were Born On 1945?
- February 23, 1945 – Allan Boesak, South African cleric and politician
- February 24, 1945 – Barry Bostwick, American actor and singer
- March 22, 1945 – Peter Williams, English physicist and academic
- March 30, 1945 – Ron Garvin, Canadian-American wrestler and referee
- April 14, 1945 – Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi, Samoan economist and politician, 8th Prime Minister of Samoa
- June 16, 1945 – Claire Alexander, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- July 14, 1945 – Jim Gordon, American drummer and songwriter (Traffic, Derek and the Dominos, Delaney & Bonnie, and Souther–Hillman–Furay Band)
- July 26, 1945 – Helen Mirren, English actress and producer
- August 12, 1945 – Ron Mael, American keyboard player and songwriter (Sparks and Halfnelson)
- October 1, 1945 – Donny Hathaway, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (Earth, Wind & Fire) (d. 1979)