The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Blueberry Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1945
- January 7, 1945 – World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- January 31, 1945 – US Army private Eddie Slovik is executed for desertion, the first such execution of an American soldier since the Civil War.
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1945 – World War II: Capitulation of German garrison in Poznań. The city is liberated by Soviet and Polish forces.
- March 21, 1945 – World War II: British troops liberate Mandalay, Burma.
- April 15, 1945 – The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- May 8, 1945 – World War II: V-E Day, combat ends in Europe. German forces agree in Reims, France, to an unconditional surrender.
- May 9, 1945 – World War II: Ratification in Berlin-Karlshorst of the German unconditional surrender of May 8 in Rheims, France, with the signatures of Marshal Georgy Zhukov for the Soviet Union, and for the Western Headquarters Sir Arthur Tedder, British Air Marshal and Eisenhower’s deputy, and for the German side of Colonel-General Hans-Jürgen Stumpff as the representative of the Luftwaffe, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel as the Chief of Staff of OKW, and Admiral Hans-Georg von Friedeburg as Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine.
- August 30, 1945 – Hong Kong is liberated from Japan by British Armed Forces.
- October 29, 1945 – Getúlio Vargas, president of Brazil, resigns.
Who Were Born On 1945?
- January 24, 1945 – John Garamendi, American football player and politician, 1st United States Deputy Secretary of the Interior
- February 25, 1945 – Elkie Brooks, English singer-songwriter (Vinegar Joe)
- March 10, 1945 – Katharine Houghton, American actress and playwright
- March 24, 1945 – Robert T. Bakker, American paleontologist and academic
- April 20, 1945 – Bobby Jameson, American singer-songwriter (d. 2015)
- May 29, 1945 – Julian Le Grand, English economist and author
- September 15, 1945 – Jessye Norman, American soprano
- October 13, 1945 – Dési Bouterse, Surinamese general and politician, 9th President of Suriname
- October 18, 1945 – Yıldo, Turkish footballer, volleyball player, actor and showman
- November 9, 1945 – Moeletsi Mbeki, South African economist and academic