The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1945
- February 9, 1945 – World War II: The Battle of the Atlantic – HMS Venturer sinks U-864 off the coast of Fedje, Norway, in a rare instance of submarine-to-submarine combat.
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1945 – The U.S. Army Air Force firebombs Tokyo, and the resulting conflagration kills more than 100,000 people, mostly civilians.
- March 16, 1945 – World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ended, but small pockets of Japanese resistance persisted.
- April 9, 1945 – World War II: The Battle of Königsberg, in East Prussia, ends.
- April 29, 1945 – World War II: Führerbunker: Adolf Hitler marries his longtime partner Eva Braun in a Berlin bunker and designates Admiral Karl Dönitz as his successor. Both Hitler and Braun commit suicide the following day.
- May 4, 1945 – World War II: Denmark is granted liberation, when Germany was forced withdraw from Denmark thus ending five years of occupation.
- June 15, 1945 – The General Dutch Youth League (ANJV) is founded in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- August 30, 1945 – Hong Kong is liberated from Japan by British Armed Forces.
- October 16, 1945 – The Food and Agriculture Organization is founded in Quebec City, Canada.
Who Were Born On 1945?
- January 22, 1945 – Arthur Beetson, Australian rugby player and coach (d. 2013)
- January 29, 1945 – Tom Selleck, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- February 21, 1945 – Paul Newton, English bass player (Uriah Heep)
- April 30, 1945 – Michael J. Smith, American captain, pilot, and astronaut (d. 1986)
- May 5, 1945 – Dianne Willcocks, English sociologist and academic
- June 20, 1945 – Anne Murray, Canadian singer and guitarist
- August 18, 1945 – Barbara Harris, American singer-songwriter (The Toys)
- August 31, 1945 – Van Morrison, Irish singer-songwriter (Them)
- December 12, 1945 – Portia Simpson-Miller, Jamaican politician, 7th Prime Minister of Jamaica
- December 15, 1945 – Thaao Penghlis, Australian actor