The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1946
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 5, 1946 – Winston Churchill coins the phrase “Iron Curtain” in his speech at Westminster College, Missouri.
- March 6, 1946 – Ho Chi Minh signs an agreement with France which recognizes Vietnam as an autonomous state in the Indochinese Federation and the French Union.
- March 18, 1946 – Diplomatic relations between Switzerland and the Soviet Union are established.
- April 8, 1946 – Électricité de France, the world’s largest utility company, is formed as a result of the nationalisation of a number of electricity producers, transporters and distributors.
- June 1, 1946 – Ion Antonescu, “Conducator” (leader) of Romania during World War II, is executed.
- June 23, 1946 – The National Democratic Front wins a landslide victory in the municipal elections in French India.
- July 5, 1946 – The bikini goes on sale after debuting during an outdoor fashion show at the Molitor Pool in Paris, France.
- September 10, 1946 – While riding a train to Darjeeling, Sister Teresa Bojaxhiu of the Loreto Sisters’ Convent claimed to have heard the call of God, directing her “to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them”. She would become known as Mother Teresa.
- December 31, 1946 – President Harry S. Truman officially proclaims the end of hostilities in World War II.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- January 5, 1946 – Diane Keaton, American actress, director, producer, and screenwriter
- March 4, 1946 – Jean-Claude Schmitt, French historian and scholar
- May 20, 1946 – Dave Despain, American journalist and sportscaster
- June 18, 1946 – Fabio Capello, Italian footballer and manager
- August 5, 1946 – Ron Silliman, American poet and blogger
- August 19, 1946 – Christopher Malcolm, Scottish-English actor and singer (d. 2014)
- September 10, 1946 – Patrick Norman, Canadian singer-songwriter
- November 16, 1946 – Jo Jo White, American basketball player and coach
- November 21, 1946 – Jacky Lafon, Belgian actress
- November 26, 1946 – Art Shell, American football player and coach