The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1946
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 24, 1946 – The British Cabinet Mission, consisting of Lord Pethick-Lawrence, Sir Stafford Cripps and A. V. Alexander, arrives in India to discuss and plan for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership.
- April 5, 1946 – Soviet troops leave the island of Bornholm, Denmark after an 11-month occupation.
- May 2, 1946 – The “Battle of Alcatraz” takes place; two guards and three inmates are killed.
- May 9, 1946 – King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy abdicates and is succeeded by Umberto II.
- May 25, 1946 – The parliament of Transjordan makes Abdullah I of Jordan their Emir.
- August 7, 1946 – The government of the Soviet Union presented a note to its Turkish counterparts which refuted the latter’s sovereignty over the Turkish Straits, thus beginning the Turkish Straits crisis.
- August 23, 1946 – Ordinance No. 46 of the British Military Government constitutes the German Länder (states) of Hanover and Schleswig-Holstein.
- August 29, 1946 – USS Nevada is decommissioned.
- December 11, 1946 – The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- February 11, 1946 – Chris Rush, American comedian, actor, and author
- February 28, 1946 – Robin Cook, Scottish educator and politician, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (d. 2005)
- March 4, 1946 – Nora Radcliffe, Scottish politician
- March 20, 1946 – Douglas B. Green, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Riders in the Sky)
- April 14, 1946 – Michael Sarris, Cypriot economist and politician, Cypriot Minister of Finance
- July 1, 1946 – Masaharu Satō, Japanese voice actor
- July 19, 1946 – Stephen Coonts, American lawyer and author
- September 16, 1946 – Camilo Sesto, Spanish singer-songwriter and producer
- September 23, 1946 – Davorin Popović, Bosnian singer-songwriter (Indexi)
- October 17, 1946 – Ronni Chasen, American publicist (d. 2010)