The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1946
- January 6, 1946 – The first general election ever in Vietnam is held.
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1946 – The Chondoist Chongu Party is founded in North Korea.
- February 12, 1946 – World War II: Operation Deadlight ends after scuttling 121 of 154 captured U-boats.
- February 18, 1946 – Sailors of the Royal Indian Navy mutiny in Bombay harbour, from where the action spreads throughout the Provinces of British India, involving 78 ships, twenty shore establishments and 20,000 sailors
- April 8, 1946 – Électricité de France, the world’s largest utility company, is formed as a result of the nationalisation of a number of electricity producers, transporters and distributors.
- May 4, 1946 – In San Francisco Bay, U.S. Marines from the nearby Treasure Island Naval Base stop a two-day riot at Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary. Five people are killed in the riot.
- May 9, 1946 – King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy abdicates and is succeeded by Umberto II.
- July 25, 1946 – Operation Crossroads: An atomic bomb is detonated underwater in the lagoon of Bikini Atoll.
- September 24, 1946 – Cathay Pacific Airways is founded in Hong Kong.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- February 17, 1946 – Shahrnush Parsipur, Iranian-American author and academic
- May 9, 1946 – Ayşe Nur Zarakolu, Turkish author and activist (d. 2002)
- May 19, 1946 – Claude Lelièvre, Belgian activist
- May 28, 1946 – William Shawcross, English journalist and author
- August 25, 1946 – Charles Ghigna, American poet and author
- August 26, 1946 – Valerie Simpson, American singer-songwriter (Ashford & Simpson)
- September 17, 1946 – Billy Bonds, English footballer and manager
- October 17, 1946 – Drusilla Modjeska, English-Australian author and critic
- December 20, 1946 – John Spencer, American actor (d. 2005)
- December 28, 1946 – Mike Beebe, American lawyer and politician, 45th Governor of Arkansas