The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1946
- January 10, 1946 – The first General Assembly of the United Nations opens in London. Fifty-one nations are represented.
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 12, 1946 – African American United States Army veteran Isaac Woodard is severely beaten by a South Carolina police officer to the point where he loses his vision in both eyes. The incident later galvanizes the Civil Rights Movement and partially inspires Orson Welles’ film Touch of Evil.
- March 21, 1946 – The Los Angeles Rams sign Kenny Washington, making him the first African American player in the American football since 1933.
- May 21, 1946 – Physicist Louis Slotin is fatally irradiated in a criticality incident during an experiment with the demon core at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- June 18, 1946 – Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, a Socialist, calls for a Direct Action Day against the Portuguese in Goa. A road is named after this date in Panjim.
- June 23, 1946 – The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- July 10, 1946 – Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.
- July 22, 1946 – King David Hotel bombing: A Zionist underground organisation, the Irgun, bombs the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, site of the civil administration and military headquarters for Mandatory Palestine, resulting in 91 deaths.
- December 20, 1946 – The popular Christmas film It’s a Wonderful Life is first released in New York City.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- February 23, 1946 – Rusty Young, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Poco)
- March 25, 1946 – Daniel Bensaïd, French philosopher and author (d. 2010)
- April 30, 1946 – Don Schollander, American swimmer
- June 21, 1946 – Kate Hoey, Irish academic and politician, Minister for Sport and the Olympics
- July 5, 1946 – Paul Smith, English fashion designer
- September 11, 1946 – Anthony Browne, English author and illustrator
- November 5, 1946 – Herman Brood, Dutch singer, actor, and painter (d. 2001)
- November 17, 1946 – Petra Burka, Dutch-Canadian figure skater and coach
- December 21, 1946 – Roy Karch, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- December 28, 1946 – Tim Johnson, American lawyer and politician