The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1946
- January 3, 1946 – Popular Canadian American jockey George Woolf dies in a freak accident during a race; the annual George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award is created to honor him.
- January 31, 1946 – The Democratic Republic of Vietnam introduces the đồng to replace the French Indochinese piastre at par.
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1946 – The Chondoist Chongu Party is founded in North Korea.
- May 1, 1946 – The Paris Peace Conference concludes that the islands of the Dodecanese should be returned to Greece by Italy.
- July 7, 1946 – Mother Francesca S. Cabrini becomes the first American to be canonized.
- July 25, 1946 – At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
- August 3, 1946 – Santa Claus Land, the world’s first themed amusement park, opens in Santa Claus, Indiana, United States.
- August 29, 1946 – USS Nevada is decommissioned.
- December 11, 1946 – The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- January 16, 1946 – Kabir Bedi, Indian actor
- February 19, 1946 – Karen Silkwood, American technician and activist (d. 1974)
- February 28, 1946 – Robin Cook, Scottish educator and politician, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (d. 2005)
- April 4, 1946 – Bubba Wyche, American football player and coach
- June 5, 1946 – Patrick Head, English engineer and businessman, co-founded Williams F1
- July 1, 1946 – Mick Aston, English archaeologist and academic (d. 2013)
- September 20, 1946 – Pete Coors, American businessman and politician
- October 31, 1946 – Norman Lovett, English comedian, actor, and screenwriter
- December 9, 1946 – Dennis Dunaway, American bass player and songwriter
- December 31, 1946 – Roy Greenslade, English journalist and academic