The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1946
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 15, 1946 – ENIAC, the first electronic general-purpose computer, is formally dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
- April 1, 1946 – Formation of the Malayan Union.
- May 4, 1946 – In San Francisco Bay, U.S. Marines from the nearby Treasure Island Naval Base stop a two-day riot at Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary. Five people are killed in the riot.
- May 9, 1946 – King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy abdicates and is succeeded by Umberto II.
- September 19, 1946 – The Council of Europe is founded following a speech by Winston Churchill at the University of Zurich.
- November 19, 1946 – Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
- November 23, 1946 – French naval bombardment of Hai Phong, Vietnam, kills thousands of civilians. This was to lead to the First Indochina War.
- December 9, 1946 – The Constituent Assembly of India meets for the first time to write the Constitution of India.
- December 15, 1946 – U.S.-backed Iranian troops evict the leadership of the breakaway Republic of Mahabad, putting an end to the Iran crisis of 1946.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- January 22, 1946 – Serge Savard, Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- February 9, 1946 – Vince Papale, American football player and sportscaster
- March 5, 1946 – Richard Bell, Canadian pianist (Full Tilt Boogie Band, The Band, Crowbar, and Blackie and the Rodeo Kings) (d. 2007)
- March 16, 1946 – Hubert Soudant, Dutch horn player and conductor
- March 25, 1946 – Stephen Hunter, American author and critic
- June 21, 1946 – Trond Kirkvaag, Norwegian actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- June 22, 1946 – Linda Bond, Canadian 19th General of The Salvation Army
- August 26, 1946 – Priit Pärn, Estonian animator and director
- November 5, 1946 – Gram Parsons, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, and International Submarine Band) (d. 1973)