The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1946
- January 17, 1946 – The UN Security Council holds its first session.
- January 19, 1946 – General Douglas MacArthur establishes the International Military Tribunal for the Far East in Tokyo to try Japanese war criminals.
- February 2, 1946 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 24, 1946 – The British Cabinet Mission, consisting of Lord Pethick-Lawrence, Sir Stafford Cripps and A. V. Alexander, arrives in India to discuss and plan for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership.
- May 11, 1946 – UMNO is created.
- July 4, 1946 – After 381 years of near-continuous colonial rule by various powers, the Philippines attains full independence from the United States.
- July 7, 1946 – Howard Hughes nearly dies when his XF-11 reconnaissance aircraft prototype crashes in a Beverly Hills neighborhood.
- September 24, 1946 – Cathay Pacific Airways is founded in Hong Kong.
- December 9, 1946 – The “Subsequent Nuremberg trials” begin with the “Doctors’ trial”, prosecuting physicians and officers alleged to be involved in Nazi human experimentation and mass murder under the guise of euthanasia.
- December 25, 1946 – The first in Europe artificial, self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction is initiated within Soviet F-1 nuclear reactor.
Who Were Born On 1946?
- January 10, 1946 – Aynsley Dunbar, English drummer and songwriter (The Jeff Beck Group, Journey, Jefferson Starship, UFO, The Mojos, and John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers)
- March 16, 1946 – Sigmund Groven, Norwegian harmonica player and composer
- April 24, 1946 – Piers Gough, English architect
- July 1, 1946 – Mick Aston, English archaeologist and academic (d. 2013)
- July 19, 1946 – Stephen Coonts, American lawyer and author
- October 26, 1946 – Keith Hopwood, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Herman’s Hermits)
- October 30, 1946 – Anthony Shorrocks, English economist, author, and academic
- November 1, 1946 – Dennis Muren, American special effects artist
- November 3, 1946 – Tom Savini, American actor, stuntman, director, and make-up artist
- December 17, 1946 – Simon Bates, English radio host