The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1972
- January 14, 1972 – Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ascends the throne, the first Queen of Denmark since 1412 and the first Danish monarch not named Frederick or Christian since 1513.
- February 15, 1972 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1972 – The California Supreme Court in the case of People v. Anderson, (6 Cal.3d 628) invalidates the state’s death penalty and commutes the sentences of all death row inmates to life imprisonment.
- February 19, 1972 – The Asama-Sansō hostage standoff begins in Japan.
- June 17, 1972 – Watergate scandal: Five White House operatives are arrested for burgling the offices of the Democratic National Committee, in an attempt by some members of the Republican party to illegally wiretap the opposition.
- July 11, 1972 – The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
- July 24, 1972 – Bugojno group is caught by Yugoslav security forces.
- August 3, 1972 – The United States Senate ratifies the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- August 22, 1972 – Rhodesia is expelled by the IOC for its racist policies.
- September 21, 1972 – Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos signs Proclamation № 1081, placing the entire country under martial law and marking the beginning of his authoritarian rule.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- January 14, 1972 – Raimondas Rumšas, Lithuanian cyclist
- January 19, 1972 – Joana Benedek, Romanian-Mexican model and actress
- March 28, 1972 – David Vadim, Ukrainian-American actor
- April 12, 1972 – Paul Lo Duca, American baseball player and sportscaster
- May 31, 1972 – Dave Roberts, American baseball player and coach
- June 21, 1972 – Neil Doak, Irish cricketer and rugby player
- August 23, 1972 – Mark Butcher, English cricketer and singer
- August 31, 1972 – Chris Tucker, American comedian and actor
- September 9, 1972 – Miriam Oremans, Dutch tennis player
- December 9, 1972 – Tré Cool, German-American drummer, songwriter, and actor (Green Day, The Lookouts, Foxboro Hot Tubs, and The Network)