The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1972
- February 15, 1972 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 21, 1972 – United States President Richard Nixon visits the People’s Republic of China to normalize Sino-American relations.
- March 30, 1972 – Vietnam War: The Easter Offensive begins after North Vietnamese forces cross into the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of South Vietnam.
- April 20, 1972 – Apollo 16, commanded by John Young, lands on the moon.
- May 8, 1972 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- July 23, 1972 – The United States launches Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
- September 5, 1972 – Munich massacre: A Palestinian terrorist group called “Black September” attacks and takes hostage 11 Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympic Games. Two die in the attack and nine die the following day.
- September 6, 1972 – Munich massacre: Nine Israel athletes taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games by the Palestinian “Black September” terrorist group die (as did a German policeman) at the hands of the kidnappers during a failed rescue attempt. Two other Israeli athletes were slain in the initial attack the previous day.
- September 19, 1972 – A parcel bomb sent to Israeli Embassy in London kills one diplomat.
- November 8, 1972 – HBO launches its programming, with the broadcast of the 1971 movie Sometimes a Great Notion, starring Paul Newman and Henry Fonda.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- January 4, 1972 – Charlotte Hudson, English actress
- February 6, 1972 – David Binn, American football player
- April 16, 1972 – Tracy K. Smith, American poet and educator
- May 29, 1972 – Közi, Japanese singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Malice Mizer and Eve of Destiny)
- August 18, 1972 – Keiko, Japanese singer (Globe)
- September 10, 1972 – Bente Skari, Norwegian skier
- September 19, 1972 – Ryan Girdler, Australian rugby player
- October 5, 1972 – Annely Akkermann, Estonian banker and politician
- November 7, 1972 – Christopher Daniel Barnes, American actor and singer
- December 9, 1972 – Tré Cool, German-American drummer, songwriter, and actor (Green Day, The Lookouts, Foxboro Hot Tubs, and The Network)