The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Choco Lychee? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1972
- February 1, 1972 – Kuala Lumpur becomes a city by a royal charter granted by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- February 15, 1972 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1972 – Sino-American relations: The United States and People’s Republic of China sign the Shanghai Communiqué.
- May 8, 1972 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- May 13, 1972 – The Troubles: A car bombing outside a crowded pub in Belfast sparks a two-day gun battle involving the Provisional IRA, Ulster Volunteer Force and British Army. Seven people are killed and over 66 injured.
- July 21, 1972 – The Troubles: Bloody Friday: The Provisional IRA detonate 22 bombs in central Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom in the space of 80 minutes, killing nine and injuring 130.
- September 4, 1972 – Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
- September 10, 1972 – The United States suffers its first loss of an international basketball game in a disputed match against the Soviet Union at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Germany.
- November 29, 1972 – Atari announces the release of Pong, the first commercially successful video game.
- December 13, 1972 – Apollo program: Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt begin the third and final extra-vehicular activity (EVA) or “Moonwalk” of Apollo 17. To date they are the last humans to set foot on the Moon.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- January 18, 1972 – Mike Lieberthal, American baseball player
- January 19, 1972 – Troy Wilson, Australian footballer and race car driver
- February 26, 1972 – Jonny Quinn, Irish drummer (Snow Patrol)
- March 8, 1972 – Fergal O'Brien, Irish snooker player
- April 19, 1972 – Jeff Wilkins, American football player
- April 23, 1972 – Sonya Smith, American-Venezuelan actress
- May 1, 1972 – Julie Benz, American actress
- August 13, 1972 – Kevin Plank, American businessman, founded Under Armour
- December 28, 1972 – Shinobu Terajima, Japanese actress