The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1972
- January 10, 1972 – Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returns to the newly independent Bangladesh as president after spending over nine months in prison in Pakistan.
- January 24, 1972 – Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
- February 15, 1972 – Sound recordings are granted U.S. federal copyright protection for the first time.
- February 21, 1972 – The Soviet unmanned spaceship Luna 20 lands on the Moon.
- May 2, 1972 – In the early morning hours a fire breaks out at the Sunshine Mine located between Kellogg and Wallace, ID, killing 91 workers.
- May 15, 1972 – Okinawa, under U.S. military governance since its conquest in 1945, reverts to Japanese control.
- July 19, 1972 – Dhofar Rebellion: British SAS units help the Omani government against Popular Front for the Liberation of Oman rebels in the Battle of Mirbat.
- August 3, 1972 – The United States Senate ratifies the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- November 30, 1972 – Vietnam War: White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler tells the press that there will be no more public announcements concerning American troop withdrawals from Vietnam because troop levels are now down to 27,000.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- May 7, 1972 – Jennifer Yuh Nelson, South Korean-American animator and director
- June 19, 1972 – Ilya Markov, Russian race walker
- July 1, 1972 – Alex Machacek, Austrian guitarist (BPM and CAB)
- July 7, 1972 – Lisa Leslie, American basketball player and actress
- August 1, 1972 – Thomas Woods, American historian, economist, and academic
- September 3, 1972 – Martin Straka, Czech ice hockey player
- September 19, 1972 – Ashot Nadanian, Armenian chess player and coach
- September 29, 1972 – Togi Makabe, Japanese wrestler
- October 7, 1972 – Loek van Wely, Dutch chess player
- December 4, 1972 – Jassen Cullimore, Canadian ice hockey player