The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1971
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- January 30, 1971 – Carole King’s Tapestry album is released to become the longest charting album by a female solo artist and sell 24 million copies worldwide.
- June 13, 1971 – Vietnam War: The New York Times begins publication of the Pentagon Papers.
- July 12, 1971 – The Australian Aboriginal Flag is flown for the first time.
- July 30, 1971 – An All Nippon Airways Boeing 727 and a Japanese Air Force F-86 collide over Morioka, Iwate, Japan killing 162.
- August 5, 1971 – The first Pacific Islands Forum (then known as the “South Pacific Forum”) is held in Wellington, New Zealand, with the aim of enhancing cooperation between the independent countries of the Pacific Ocean.
- August 15, 1971 – President Richard Nixon completes the break from the gold standard by ending convertibility of the United States dollar into gold by foreign investors.
- September 11, 1971 – The Egyptian Constitution becomes official.
- November 27, 1971 – The Soviet space program’s Mars 2 orbiter releases a descent module. It malfunctions and crashes, but it is the first man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.
- December 4, 1971 – “The Troubles”: The Ulster Volunteer Force bombs a Catholic-owned pub in Belfast, killing 15 civilians and wounding 17. It was the city’s highest death toll from a single incident during the conflict.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- January 20, 1971 – Questlove, American drummer, DJ, and producer (The Roots and Soulquarians)
- January 26, 1971 – Deathprod, Norwegian music artist and producer (Supersilent, Motorpsycho, Biosphere)
- April 13, 1971 – Bo Outlaw, American basketball player
- June 27, 1971 – Yancey Arias, American actor and producer
- August 13, 1971 – Patrick Carpentier, Canadian race car driver
- September 3, 1971 – Chabeli Iglesias, Portuguese-Spanish journalist
- October 29, 1971 – Winona Ryder, American actress and producer
- November 3, 1971 – Dwight Yorke, Tobagonian footballer and coach
- November 5, 1971 – Chris Addison, Welsh-English comedian, actor, and screenwriter
- November 8, 1971 – Tech N9ne, American rapper (The Regime and K.A.B.O.S.H.)