The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1971
- January 1, 1971 – Hellenic Railways Organisation, the Greek national railway company, is founded.
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 26, 1971 – East Pakistan declares its independence from Pakistan to form the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the Bangladesh Liberation War begins.
- April 19, 1971 – Sierra Leone becomes a republic, and Siaka Stevens the president.
- August 18, 1971 – Vietnam War: Australia and New Zealand decide to withdraw their troops from Vietnam.
- August 21, 1971 – A bomb exploded in the Liberal Party campaign rally in Plaza Miranda, Manila, Philippines with several anti-Marcos political candidates injured.
- October 1, 1971 – Walt Disney World opens near Orlando, Florida, United States.
- October 20, 1971 – The Nepal Stock Exchange collapses.
- November 24, 1971 – During a severe thunderstorm over Washington state, a hijacker calling himself Dan Cooper (aka D. B. Cooper) parachutes from a Northwest Orient Airlines plane with $200,000 in ransom money. He has never been found.
- December 4, 1971 – The Indian Navy attacks the Pakistan Navy and Karachi.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- January 18, 1971 – Seamus O'Regan, Canadian journalist
- May 10, 1971 – Monisha Kaltenborn, Indian-Swiss lawyer and businesswoman
- May 28, 1971 – Isabelle Carré, French actress and singer
- June 12, 1971 – Arman Alizad, Iranian-Finnish tailor and television host
- July 14, 1971 – Ross Rebagliati, Canadian snowboarder
- July 24, 1971 – John Partridge, English actor, singer, and dancer
- September 15, 1971 – Josh Charles, American actor and director
- October 29, 1971 – Winona Ryder, American actress and producer
- November 26, 1971 – Vicki Pettersson, American author