The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1971
- January 12, 1971 – All in the Family The famous situation comedy premieres on CBS
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1971 – South Vietnamese ground troops launch an incursion into Laos to try to cut off the Ho Chi Minh trail and stop communist infiltration.
- February 27, 1971 – Doctors in the first Dutch abortion clinic (the Mildredhuis in Arnhem) start to perform aborti provocati.
- March 18, 1971 – In Peru a landslide crashes into Yanawayin Lake, killing 200 people at the mining camp of Chungar.
- August 10, 1971 – The Society for American Baseball Research is founded in Cooperstown, New York.
- August 22, 1971 – J. Edgar Hoover and John Mitchell announce the arrest of 20 of the Camden 28.
- November 6, 1971 – The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- December 3, 1971 – Indo-Pakistani War of 1971: Pakistan launches a pre-emptive strike against India and a full-scale war begins claiming hundreds of lives.
- December 14, 1971 – Bangladesh Liberation War: Over 200 of East Pakistans intellectuals are executed by the Pakistan Army and their local allies. (The date is commemorated in Bangladesh as Martyred Intellectuals Day.)
Who Were Born On 1971?
- March 10, 1971 – Jon Hamm, American actor and director
- March 22, 1971 – Keegan-Michael Key, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- April 1, 1971 – Karen Dunbar, Scottish actress and screenwriter
- April 20, 1971 – Nikos Kyzeridis, Greek footballer
- April 30, 1971 – John Boyne, Irish author
- May 1, 1971 – Artur Kohutek, Polish hurdler and soldier
- May 17, 1971 – Shaun Hart, Australian footballer, coach, and sportscaster
- September 17, 1971 – Mike Catt, South African-English rugby player and coach
- September 23, 1971 – Ingebrigt Håker Flaten, Norwegian bassist and composer (Atomic and The Thing)
- December 27, 1971 – Guthrie Govan, English guitarist (GPS, The Aristocrats, and Asia)