The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brian’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1971
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 15, 1971 – The decimalisation of British coinage is completed on Decimal Day.
- April 1, 1971 – Bangladesh Liberation War: The Pakistan Army massacre over 1,000 people in Keraniganj Upazila, Bangladesh.
- April 19, 1971 – Sierra Leone becomes a republic, and Siaka Stevens the president.
- July 26, 1971 – Apollo program: Launch of Apollo 15 on the first Apollo “J-Mission”, and first use of a Lunar Roving Vehicle.
- September 4, 1971 – Alaska Airlines Flight 1866 crashes near Juneau, Alaska, killing all 111 people on board.
- September 8, 1971 – In Washington, D.C., the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is inaugurated, with the opening feature being the premiere of Leonard Bernstein’s Mass.
- September 21, 1971 – Bahrain, Bhutan and Qatar join the United Nations.
- December 2, 1971 – Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm al-Quwain form the United Arab Emirates.
- December 7, 1971 – Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a coalition government with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto as Deputy Prime Minister.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- January 8, 1971 – Mike Süsser, German chef and author
- May 20, 1971 – Tony Stewart, American race car driver
- June 2, 1971 – Jo Koy, American comedian and radio host
- July 12, 1971 – Kristi Yamaguchi, American figure skater
- July 13, 1971 – Mark Neeld, Australian footballer and coach
- August 9, 1971 – James Kim, American technology expert (d. 2006)
- August 19, 1971 – Mary Joe Fernández, Dominican-American tennis player and coach
- September 2, 1971 – Tom Steels, Belgian cyclist
- November 16, 1971 – Rikdo Koshi, Japanese illustrator
- December 26, 1971 – Mika Nurmela, Finnish footballer