The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1970
- January 15, 1970 – Nigerian Civil War: After a 32-month fight for independence from Nigeria, Biafra surrenders.
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1970 – The iconic live album Live at Leeds by The Who is recorded.
- March 28, 1970 – Gediz earthquake: A 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes western Turkey at about 23:05 local time, killed 1,086 and injured 1,260.
- April 6, 1970 – Newhall massacre: Four California Highway Patrol officers are killed in a shootout.
- May 11, 1970 – The Lubbock tornado, a F5 tornado, hits Lubbock, Texas, killing 26 and causing $250 million in damage.
- June 13, 1970 – “The Long and Winding Road” becomes The Beatles’ last U.S. number one song.
- August 7, 1970 – California judge Harold Haley is taken hostage in his courtroom and killed during an effort to free George Jackson from police custody.
- August 26, 1970 – The then-new feminist movement, led by Betty Friedan, leads a nationwide Women’s Strike for Equality.
- November 10, 1970 – The Soviet lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- February 1, 1970 – Yasuyuki Kazama, Japanese race car driver
- March 1, 1970 – Miho Nakayama, Japanese singer, actress, and model
- March 22, 1970 – Andreas Johnson, Swedish singer-songwriter
- March 27, 1970 – Brent Fitz, Canadian-American drummer and songwriter (Theory of a Deadman, Union, Econoline Crush, and Indigenous)
- May 22, 1970 – Naomi Campbell, English model and actress
- July 24, 1970 – Julia Bradbury, Irish-English journalist
- August 8, 1970 – Ben G. Davis, English chemist and academic
- August 31, 1970 – Nikola Gruevski, Macedonian economist and politician, 6th Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia
- December 23, 1970 – Catriona Le May Doan, Canadian speed skater and sportscaster
- December 24, 1970 – Larissa Netšeporuk, Ukrainian-Estonian heptathlete