The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Caribbean Blue Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1970 – President Richard Nixon signs the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, requiring the Surgeon General’s warnings on tobacco products and banning cigarette advertising on television and radio in the United States, starting on January 1, 1971.
- April 28, 1970 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon formally authorizes American combat troops to fight communist sanctuaries in Cambodia.
- May 10, 1970 – Bobby Orr scores “The Goal” to win the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals, for the Boston Bruins’ fourth NHL championship in their history.
- May 15, 1970 – President Richard Nixon appoints Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington the first female United States Army Generals.
- September 19, 1970 – The Mary Tyler Moore Show, an American sitcom, premiered on CBS
- October 13, 1970 – Fiji joins the United Nations.
- November 1, 1970 – Club Cinq-Sept fire in Saint-Laurent-du-Pont, France kills 146 young people.
- November 9, 1970 – Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6 to 3 against hearing a case to allow Massachusetts to enforce its law granting residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
- December 2, 1970 – The United States Environmental Protection Agency begins operations.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- April 19, 1970 – Kelly Holmes, English runner
- April 20, 1970 – Shemar Moore, American actor and television host
- June 26, 1970 – Nick Offerman, American actor and producer
- August 12, 1970 – Charles Mesure, English-Australian actor and screenwriter
- August 27, 1970 – Peter Ebdon, English snooker player
- August 28, 1970 – Sherrié Austin, Australian-American actress and singer
- September 27, 1970 – Yoshiharu Habu, Japanese chess player and author
- December 20, 1970 – Nicole de Boer, Canadian actress
- December 25, 1970 – Emmanuel Amuneke, Nigerian footballer and manager