The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 15, 1970 – During the Cambodian Civil War, massacres of the Vietnamese minority results in 800 bodies flowing down the Mekong river into South Vietnam.
- April 29, 1970 – Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces invade Cambodia to hunt Viet Cong.
- May 17, 1970 – Thor Heyerdahl sets sail from Morocco on the papyrus boat Ra II to sail the Atlantic Ocean.
- July 12, 1970 – A fire consumes the wooden home of Norwegian composer Geirr Tveitt and irretrievably destroys about 90 percent of his output.
- September 5, 1970 – Jochen Rindt becomes the only driver to posthumously win the Formula One World Drivers’ Championship (in F1 1970), after being killed in practice for the Italian Grand Prix.
- September 19, 1970 – The Mary Tyler Moore Show, an American sitcom, premiered on CBS
- November 14, 1970 – Soviet Union enters ICAO, making Russian the fourth official language of organization.
- December 23, 1970 – The Democratic Republic of the Congo officially becomes a single-party state.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- January 1, 1970 – Sergei Kiriakov, Russian footballer
- January 6, 1970 – José Carabalí, Venezuelan runner
- March 10, 1970 – Matt Barlow, American singer-songwriter (Iced Earth and Pyramaze)
- March 27, 1970 – Mauricio Vallina, Cuban-Belgian pianist and composer
- April 21, 1970 – Jeff Anderson, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- July 22, 1970 – Sergei Zubov, Russian ice hockey player and coach
- August 13, 1970 – Alan Shearer, English footballer and manager
- August 23, 1970 – Lee Sung-jae, South Korean actor
- October 9, 1970 – Annika Sörenstam, Swedish golfer and architect
- October 26, 1970 – Lisa Ryder, Canadian actress