The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 21, 1970 – The first Earth Day proclamation is issued by Mayor of San Francisco Joseph Alioto.
- June 4, 1970 – Tonga gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- July 21, 1970 – After 11 years of construction, the Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- July 23, 1970 – Qaboos bin Said al Said becomes Sultan of Oman after overthrowing his father, Said bin Taimur initiating massive reforms, modernization programs and end to a decade long civil war.
- September 28, 1970 – Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser dies of a heart attack in Cairo. Anwar Sadat is named as Nasser’s temporary successor, and will later become the permanent successor.
- October 10, 1970 – Fiji becomes independent.
- October 17, 1970 – Montreal: Quebec Vice-Premier and Minister of Labour Pierre Laporte murdered by members of the FLQ terrorist group.
- November 17, 1970 – Luna programme: The Soviet Union lands Lunokhod 1 on Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains) on the Moon. This is the first roving remote-controlled robot to land on another world and is released by the orbiting Luna 17 spacecraft.
- December 15, 1970 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 7 successfully land on Venus. It is the first successful soft landing on another planet
Who Were Born On 1970?
- March 7, 1970 – Rachel Weisz, English-American actress, singer, and producer
- April 13, 1970 – Gerry Creaney, Scottish footballer and manager
- August 4, 1970 – Steve House, American mountaineer
- September 8, 1970 – Andy Ward, Irish rugby player and coach
- October 12, 1970 – Tanyon Sturtze, American baseball player
- November 9, 1970 – Scarface, American rapper (Geto Boys)
- November 18, 1970 – Megyn Kelly, American lawyer and journalist
- November 20, 1970 – Phife Dawg, American rapper (A Tribe Called Quest)
- December 29, 1970 – Glen Phillips, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Toad the Wet Sprocket and Works Progress Administration)
- December 31, 1970 – Bryon Russell, American basketball player