The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1970
- January 4, 1970 – A magnitude 7.7 earthquake strikes Tonghai County, China, killing at least 15,000 people.
- January 16, 1970 – Buckminster Fuller receives the Gold Medal award from the American Institute of Architects.
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 1970 – French submarine Eurydice explodes underwater, resulting in the loss of the entire 57-man crew.
- March 10, 1970 – Vietnam War: Captain Ernest Medina is charged by the U.S. military with My Lai war crimes.
- April 28, 1970 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon formally authorizes American combat troops to fight communist sanctuaries in Cambodia.
- May 26, 1970 – The Soviet Tupolev Tu-144 becomes the first commercial transport to exceed Mach 2.
- June 15, 1970 – Charles Manson goes on trial for the Sharon Tate murders.
- June 21, 1970 – Penn Central declares Section 77 bankruptcy, largest ever US corporate bankruptcy up to this date.
- November 4, 1970 – Salvador Allende takes office as President of Chile, the first Marxist to become president of a Latin American country through open elections.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- February 1, 1970 – Malik Sealy, American basketball player and actor (d. 2000)
- March 8, 1970 – Nazario Moreno González, Mexican drug lord (d. 2014)
- March 23, 1970 – Melissa Errico, American actress and singer
- March 24, 1970 – Christopher Daniels, American wrestler and actor
- April 20, 1970 – Francis Campbell, Irish academic and diplomat, British Ambassador to the Holy See
- June 8, 1970 – Kwame Kilpatrick, American educator and politician, 68th Mayor of Detroit
- September 4, 1970 – Igor Cavalera, Brazilian drummer (Sepultura and Cavalera Conspiracy)
- September 21, 1970 – Melissa Ferrick, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- October 12, 1970 – Charlie Ward, American basketball player and coach
- December 8, 1970 – Emi Wakui, Japanese actress