The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Double Choco Cherry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1970 – The iconic live album Live at Leeds by The Who is recorded.
- March 5, 1970 – The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty goes into effect after ratification by 43 nations.
- March 31, 1970 – Explorer 1 re-enters the Earth’s atmosphere after 12 years in orbit.
- May 23, 1970 – Robert Stephenson’s pioneering Britannia Tubular Bridge over the Menai Strait is catastrophically damaged by fire after standing for 120 years.
- June 4, 1970 – Tonga gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- August 26, 1970 – The then-new feminist movement, led by Betty Friedan, leads a nationwide Women’s Strike for Equality.
- September 9, 1970 – A British airliner is hijacked by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and flown to Dawson’s Field in Jordan.
- October 23, 1970 – Gary Gabelich sets a land speed record in a rocket-powered automobile called the Blue Flame, fueled with natural gas.
- November 14, 1970 – Southern Airways Flight 932 crashes in the mountains near Huntington, West Virginia, killing 75, including members of the Marshall University football team.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- April 14, 1970 – Steve Avery, American baseball player
- May 27, 1970 – Joseph Fiennes, English actor
- June 17, 1970 – Jason Hanson, American football player
- June 26, 1970 – Chris O'Donnell, American actor and producer
- July 3, 1970 – Audra McDonald, American actress and singer
- September 26, 1970 – David Parland, Swedish guitarist (Dark Funeral, War, Necrophobic, and Infernal) (d. 2013)
- October 30, 1970 – Tory Belleci, American visual affects designer and television host
- November 29, 1970 – Ryu Seung-ryong, South Korean actor
- December 1, 1970 – Golden Brooks, American actress
- December 16, 1970 – Daniel Cosgrove, American actor