The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 15, 1970 – During the Cambodian Civil War, massacres of the Vietnamese minority results in 800 bodies flowing down the Mekong river into South Vietnam.
- April 24, 1970 – The Gambia becomes a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, with Dawda Jawara as the first President.
- May 10, 1970 – Bobby Orr scores “The Goal” to win the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals, for the Boston Bruins’ fourth NHL championship in their history.
- July 8, 1970 – Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American self-determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975.
- August 15, 1970 – Patricia Palinkas becomes the first woman to play professionally in an American football game.
- August 17, 1970 – Venera program: Venera 7 launched. It will later become the first spacecraft to successfully transmit data from the surface of another planet (Venus).
- September 20, 1970 – Syrian tanks roll into Jordan in response to continued fighting between Jordan and the fedayeen.
- October 9, 1970 – The Khmer Republic is proclaimed in Cambodia.
- December 23, 1970 – The Democratic Republic of the Congo officially becomes a single-party state.
Who Were Born On 1970?
- January 13, 1970 – Keith Coogan, American actor
- April 18, 1970 – Rico Brogna, American baseball player and coach
- May 15, 1970 – Desmond Howard, American football player and sportscaster
- May 20, 1970 – Louis Theroux, Singaporean-English journalist and producer
- May 25, 1970 – Octavia Spencer, American actress and producer
- June 25, 1970 – Lucy Benjamin, English actress
- August 6, 1970 – Erwin Thijs, Belgian cyclist
- October 18, 1970 – Mike Starink, Dutch television host and actor
- October 25, 1970 – Daniel Scheinhardt, German footballer
- November 12, 1970 – Héctor Arredondo, Mexican actor (d. 2014)