The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Kiwi Whipped Cream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1970
- February 6, 1970 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 5, 1970 – The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty goes into effect after ratification by 43 nations.
- March 17, 1970 – My Lai Massacre: The United States Army charges 14 officers with suppressing information related to the incident.
- July 8, 1970 – Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American self-determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975.
- July 21, 1970 – After 11 years of construction, the Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- August 26, 1970 – The then-new feminist movement, led by Betty Friedan, leads a nationwide Women’s Strike for Equality.
- October 5, 1970 – Montreal: British Trade Commissioner James Cross is kidnapped by members of the FLQ terrorist group, triggering the October Crisis.
- November 9, 1970 – Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6 to 3 against hearing a case to allow Massachusetts to enforce its law granting residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
- November 10, 1970 – The Soviet lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.
- December 15, 1970 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 7 successfully land on Venus. It is the first successful soft landing on another planet
Who Were Born On 1970?
- January 11, 1970 – Joy Nilo, Filipino pianist and composer
- January 16, 1970 – Ron Villone, American baseball player and coach
- February 7, 1970 – Stanley Roberts, American basketball player
- July 23, 1970 – Thea Dorn, German author and playwright
- September 21, 1970 – John Cudia, American actor
- October 5, 1970 – Tord Gustavsen, Norwegian pianist and composer
- October 6, 1970 – Darren Oliver, American baseball player
- October 24, 1970 – Natassa Theodoridou, Greek singer
- December 16, 1970 – Valerie Chow, Canadian-Hong Kong actress