The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1969
- January 5, 1969 – The Troubles: The Royal Ulster Constabulary raid the Bogside area of Derry, damaging property and beating residents. In response, residents erect barricades and establish Free Derry.
- January 12, 1969 – The New York Jets of the American Football League defeat the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League to win Super Bowl III in what is considered to be one of the greatest upsets in sports history.
- January 20, 1969 – East Pakistani police kill student activist Amanullah Asaduzzaman. The resulting outrage is in part responsible for the Bangladesh Liberation War.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 15, 1969 – The EC-121 shootdown incident: North Korea shoots down a United States Navy aircraft over the Sea of Japan, killing all 31 on board.
- April 28, 1969 – Charles de Gaulle resigns as President of France.
- July 20, 1969 – A cease fire is announced between Honduras and El Salvador, six days after the beginning of the “Football War”.
- September 25, 1969 – The charter establishing the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is signed.
- November 3, 1969 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
- November 14, 1969 – Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 12, the second crewed mission to the surface of the Moon.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 5, 1969 – Shea Whigham, American actor
- February 3, 1969 – Beau Biden, American soldier, lawyer, and politician, 44th Attorney General of Delaware (d. 2015)
- February 26, 1969 – Steve Agee, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- May 21, 1969 – George LeMieux, American lawyer and politician
- July 7, 1969 – Robin Weigert, American actress
- July 27, 1969 – Triple H, American wrestler and actor
- August 2, 1969 – Cedric Ceballos, American basketball player
- August 4, 1969 – Michael DeLuise, American actor, director, and producer
- November 18, 1969 – Koichiro Kimura, Japanese mixed martial artist and wrestler (d. 2014)
- December 13, 1969 – Sergei Fedorov, Russian ice hockey player and manager