The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Historical Events Of 1969
- January 20, 1969 – East Pakistani police kill student activist Amanullah Asaduzzaman. The resulting outrage is in part responsible for the Bangladesh Liberation War.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 4, 1969 – Dr. Denton Cooley implants the first temporary artificial heart.
- May 21, 1969 – Civil unrest in Rosario, Argentina, known as Rosariazo, following the death of a 15-year-old student.
- July 16, 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 11, the first mission to land astronauts on the Moon, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- July 30, 1969 – Vietnam War: US President Richard Nixon makes an unscheduled visit to South Vietnam and meets with President Nguyễn Văn Thiệu and U.S. military commanders.
- October 5, 1969 – The first episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus airs on BBC One.
- November 3, 1969 – Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
- November 10, 1969 – National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children’s television program Sesame Street.
- December 5, 1969 – The four node ARPANET network is established.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 12, 1969 – David Mitchell, English author and translator
- February 9, 1969 – Jimmy Smith, American football player
- July 3, 1969 – Kevin Hearn, Canadian singer and keyboard player (Barenaked Ladies, Rheostatics, and Kevin Hearn and Thin Buckle)
- July 28, 1969 – Alexis Arquette, American actress
- August 5, 1969 – Vasbert Drakes, Barbadian cricketer
- September 5, 1969 – Leonardo Araújo, Brazilian footballer and manager
- October 2, 1969 – Badly Drawn Boy, English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- December 11, 1969 – Viswanathan Anand, Indian chess player
- December 30, 1969 – Anthuan Maybank, American sprinter ad coach
- December 31, 1969 – Are Kalvø, Norwegian author and radio host