1969 Calendar Trivia
The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Pistachio? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1969
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1969 – Soviet and Chinese forces clash at a border outpost on the Ussuri River.
- March 25, 1969 – During their honeymoon, John Lennon and Yoko Ono hold their first Bed-In for Peace at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel (until March 31).
- April 3, 1969 – Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- May 9, 1969 – Carlos Lamarca leads the first urban guerrilla action against the military dictatorship of Brazil in São Paulo, by robbing two banks.
- May 29, 1969 – General strike in Córdoba, Argentina, leading to the Cordobazo civil unrest.
- October 5, 1969 – The first episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus airs on BBC One.
- October 8, 1969 – The opening rally of the Days of Rage occurs, organized by the Weather Underground in Chicago.
- October 31, 1969 – the Disappearance of Patricia Spencer and Pamela Hobley occurs.
- November 10, 1969 – National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children’s television program Sesame Street.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- April 6, 1969 – Louie Spence, English dancer and choreographer
- April 11, 1969 – Cerys Matthews, Welsh singer-songwriter (Catatonia)
- April 18, 1969 – Stefan Schwarz, Swedish footballer and manager
- May 3, 1969 – Amy Ryan, American actress
- June 19, 1969 – Thomas Breitling, American journalist and businessman
- June 28, 1969 – Danielle Brisebois, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress (New Radicals)
- August 5, 1969 – Robert Scott, Australian rower
- September 3, 1969 – Marianna Komlos, Canadian bodybuilder, model, and wrestler (d. 2004)
- September 21, 1969 – Jason Christiansen, American baseball player
- December 2, 1969 – Tanya Plibersek, Australian politician, 45th Australian Minister of Health