The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1969
- January 12, 1969 – The New York Jets of the American Football League defeat the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League to win Super Bowl III in what is considered to be one of the greatest upsets in sports history.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1969 – In Memphis, Tennessee, James Earl Ray pleads guilty to assassinating Martin Luther King, Jr. He later unsuccessfully attempts to retract his plea.
- April 9, 1969 – The first British-built Concorde 002 makes its maiden flight from Filton to RAF Fairford.
- April 22, 1969 – British yachtsman Sir Robin Knox-Johnston wins the Sunday Times Golden Globe Race and completes the first solo non-stop circumnavigation of the world.
- July 14, 1969 – Football War: After Honduras loses a soccer match against El Salvador, riots break out in Honduras against Salvadoran migrant workers.
- August 12, 1969 – Violence erupts after the Apprentice Boys of Derry march in Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom resulting in a three-day communal riot known as the Battle of the Bogside.
- October 14, 1969 – The United Kingdom introduces the British fifty-pence coin, which replaces, over the following years, the British ten-shilling note, in anticipation of the decimalization of the British currency in 1971, and the abolition of the shilling as a unit of currency anywhere in the world.
- October 19, 1969 – The first Prime Minister of Tunisia in twelve years, Bahi Ladgham, is appointed by President Habib Bourguiba.
- November 17, 1969 – Cold War: Negotiators from the Soviet Union and the United States meet in Helsinki, Finland to begin SALT I negotiations aimed at limiting the number of strategic weapons on both sides.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 2, 1969 – William Fox-Pitt, English horse rider
- January 28, 1969 – Kathryn Morris, American actress
- April 19, 1969 – Jesse James, American motorcycle builder, founded West Coast Choppers
- May 28, 1969 – Justin Kirk, American actor
- June 11, 1969 – Steven Drozd, American singer-songwriter and actor (The Flaming Lips)
- September 9, 1969 – Rachel Hunter, New Zealand model and actress
- September 25, 1969 – Hal Sparks, American actor and singer
- November 4, 1969 – Matthew McConaughey, American actor and producer
- November 17, 1969 – Jean-Michel Saive, Belgian table tennis player
- December 15, 1969 – Chantal Petitclerc, Canadian wheelchair racer