The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1968
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1968 – Vietnam War: One hundred thirty-five unarmed citizens of Hà My village in South Vietnam’s Quảng Nam Province are killed and buried en masse by South Korean troops in what would come to be known as the Hà My massacre.
- April 4, 1968 – Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated by James Earl Ray at a motel in Memphis, Tennessee.
- April 10, 1968 – New Zealand inter-island ferry TEV Wahine founders and sinks at the mouth of Wellington Harbour.
- June 6, 1968 – Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy: Robert F. Kennedy, Democratic Party senator from New York and brother of 35th President John F. Kennedy, dies from gunshot wounds inflicted on June 5.
- September 13, 1968 – Albania leaves the Warsaw Pact.
- October 1, 1968 – The Guyanese government takes over the British Guiana Broadcasting Service (BGBS).
- October 16, 1968 – Yasunari Kawabata becomes the first Japanese person to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- November 17, 1968 – British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- December 25, 1968 – Kilvenmani massacre, 44 Dalits (untouchables) burnt to death in Kizhavenmani village, Tamil Nadu, a retaliation for a campaign for higher wages by Dalit laborers.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 9, 1968 – Al Schnier, American guitarist
- January 16, 1968 – Rebecca Stead, American author
- March 18, 1968 – Shin-ichiro Miki, Japanese voice actor
- March 23, 1968 – Damon Albarn, English singer-songwriter, producer, and actor (Blur, Gorillaz, and The Good, the Bad & the Queen)
- May 18, 1968 – Sergei Martynov, Belarusian target shooter
- June 7, 1968 – Macha Grenon, Canadian actress
- July 5, 1968 – Alex Zülle, Swiss cyclist
- August 21, 1968 – Dina Carroll, English singer-songwriter
- August 24, 1968 – Shoichi Funaki, Japanese-American wrestler and sportscaster
- September 27, 1968 – Patrick Muldoon, American actor, singer, and guitarist