The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Serenity’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1968
- January 7, 1968 – Surveyor Program: Surveyor 7, the last spacecraft in the Surveyor series, lifts off from launch complex 36A, Cape Canaveral.
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- May 24, 1968 – FLQ separatists bomb the U.S. consulate in Quebec City.
- June 3, 1968 – Valerie Solanas, the author of SCUM Manifesto, attempts to assassinate Andy Warhol by shooting him three times.
- June 30, 1968 – Pope Paul VI issues the Credo of the People of God.
- July 23, 1968 – Glenville shootout: In Cleveland, Ohio, a violent shootout between a Black Militant organization and the Cleveland Police Department occurs. During the shootout, a riot begins and lasts for five days.
- August 21, 1968 – James Anderson, Jr. posthumously receives the first Medal of Honor to be awarded to an African American U.S. Marine.
- October 31, 1968 – Vietnam War October surprise: Citing progress with the Paris peace talks, US President Lyndon B. Johnson announces to the nation that he has ordered a complete cessation of “all air, naval, and artillery bombardment of North Vietnam” effective November 1.
- December 10, 1968 – Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
- December 21, 1968 – Apollo program: Apollo 8 is launched from the Kennedy Space Center, placing its crew on a lunar trajectory for the first visit to another celestial body by humans.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 1, 1968 – Felix Chong, Hong Kong actor, director, and screenwriter
- January 22, 1968 – Franka Dietzsch, German discus thrower
- July 24, 1968 – Kristin Chenoweth, American actress and singer
- August 4, 1968 – Daniel Dae Kim, South Korean-American actor
- September 12, 1968 – Paul F. Tompkins, American comedian, actor, producer, and screenwriter
- November 1, 1968 – Park Shin-yang, South Korean actor
- November 18, 1968 – Barry Hunter, Irish footballer and manager
- November 26, 1968 – Edna Campbell, American basketball player, sportscaster, and nurse
- December 2, 1968 – Nate Mendel, American bass player (Foo Fighters, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fire Theft, and Juno)
- December 9, 1968 – Kurt Angle, American wrestler and actor