The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Blue Ocean Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1968
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1968 – General Motors produces its 100 millionth automobile, the Oldsmobile Toronado.
- April 10, 1968 – New Zealand inter-island ferry TEV Wahine founders and sinks at the mouth of Wellington Harbour.
- April 29, 1968 – The controversial musical Hair, a product of the hippie counter-culture and sexual revolution of the 1960s, opens at the Biltmore Theatre on Broadway, with its song becoming anthems of the anti-Vietnam War movement.
- October 5, 1968 – Police baton civil rights demonstrators in Derry, Northern Ireland – considered to mark the beginning of The Troubles.
- October 16, 1968 – Yasunari Kawabata becomes the first Japanese person to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- October 18, 1968 – The U.S. Olympic Committee suspends Tommie Smith and John Carlos for giving a “Black Power” salute during a victory ceremony at the Mexico City games.
- October 22, 1968 – Apollo program: Apollo 7 safely splashes down in the Atlantic Ocean after orbiting the Earth 163 times.
- November 26, 1968 – Vietnam War: United States Air Force helicopter pilot James P. Fleming rescues an Army Special Forces unit pinned down by Viet Cong fire. He is later awarded the Medal of Honor.
- December 25, 1968 – Apollo program: Apollo 8 performs the very first successful Trans-Earth injection (TEI) maneuver, sending the crew and spacecraft on a trajectory back to Earth from Lunar orbit.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 16, 1968 – David Chokachi, American actor
- January 20, 1968 – Nick Anderson, American basketball player and sportscaster
- July 10, 1968 – Hassiba Boulmerka, Algerian runner
- July 13, 1968 – Robert Gant, American actor
- July 26, 1968 – Jim Naismith, Scottish biologist and academic
- August 7, 1968 – Lynn Strait, American singer-songwriter (Snot) (d. 1998)
- August 8, 1968 – Aldo Calderón van Dyke, Honduran journalist (d. 2013)
- August 14, 1968 – Catherine Bell, English-American actress and producer
- August 16, 1968 – Arvind Kejriwal, Indian civil servant and politician, 7th Chief Minister of Delhi
- September 20, 1968 – Darrell Russell, American race car driver (d. 2004)