The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1974
- January 4, 1974 – United States President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over materials subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
- January 5, 1974 – Warmest reliably measured temperature in Antarctica of +59 °F (+15 °C) recorded at Vanda Station
- January 23, 1974 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1974 – Military coup in Upper Volta.
- April 29, 1974 – Watergate scandal: United States President Richard Nixon announces the release of edited transcripts of White House tape recordings relating to the scandal.
- June 6, 1974 – A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
- July 24, 1974 – Watergate scandal: The United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- August 1, 1974 – Cyprus dispute: The United Nations Security Council authorizes the UNFICYP to create the “Green Line”, dividing Cyprus into two zones.
- November 2, 1974 – 78 die when the Time Go-Go Club in Seoul, South Korea burns down. Six of the victims jumped to their deaths from the seventh floor after a club official barred the doors after the fire started.
- November 20, 1974 – The United States Department of Justice files its final anti-trust suit against AT&T Corporation. This suit later leads to the breakup of AT&T and its Bell System.
Who Were Born On 1974?
- January 17, 1974 – Danny Bhoy, Scottish comedian and actor
- January 30, 1974 – Jemima Khan, English journalist and activist
- March 3, 1974 – David Faustino, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- April 6, 1974 – Gina Yashere, English comedian and actor
- April 22, 1974 – Shavo Odadjian, Armenian-American bass player, songwriter, and producer (System of a Down and Achozen)
- May 21, 1974 – Havoc, American rapper and producer (Mobb Deep)
- July 7, 1974 – Patrick Lalime, Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- July 16, 1974 – Wendell Sailor, Australian rugby player
- December 7, 1974 – Manuel Martínez Gutiérrez, Spanish shot putter and actor
- December 14, 1974 – Billy Koch, American baseball player