The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Aqua Swirl? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1974
- January 23, 1974 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 4, 1974 – The Symbionese Liberation Army kidnaps Patty Hearst in Berkeley, California.
- April 1, 1974 – The metropolitan and non-metropolitan counties of England come into being.
- April 8, 1974 – At Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, Hank Aaron hits his 715th career home run to surpass Babe Ruth’s 39-year-old record.
- April 27, 1974 – Ten thousand march in Washington, D.C., calling for the impeachment of U.S. President Richard Nixon
- May 16, 1974 – Josip Broz Tito is re-elected president of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. This time he is elected for life.
- June 30, 1974 – The Baltimore municipal strike of 1974 begins.
- July 24, 1974 – Watergate scandal: The United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- August 15, 1974 – Yuk Young-soo, First Lady of South Korea, is killed during an apparent assassination attempt upon President, Park Chung-hee.
- September 1, 1974 – The SR-71 Blackbird sets (and holds) the record for flying from New York to London in the time of 1 hour, 54 minutes and 56.4 seconds at a speed of 1435.587 mph.
Who Were Born On 1974?
- January 27, 1974 – Ole Einar Bjørndalen, Norwegian skier and biathlete
- February 5, 1974 – Jenny Alversjö, Swedish television presenter
- February 8, 1974 – Kimbo Slice, Bahamian-American boxer, mixed martial artist, and actor
- April 20, 1974 – Urmas Paet, Estonian journalist and politician, 26th Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- April 26, 1974 – Ivana Miličević, Bosnian-American actress
- June 8, 1974 – Alma Lepina, Latvian figure skater
- October 10, 1974 – Julio Ricardo Cruz, Argentinian footballer
- October 11, 1974 – Jamie Thomas, American skateboarder and businessman, founded Zero Skateboards and Fallen Footwear
- November 16, 1974 – Paul Scholes, English footballer and sportscaster