The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1974
- January 23, 1974 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1974 – The Symbionese Liberation Army demands $4 million more to release kidnap victim Patty Hearst.
- May 15, 1974 – Ma'alot massacre: Members of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine attack and take hostages at an Israeli school; a total of 31 people are killed, including 22 schoolchildren.
- May 16, 1974 – Josip Broz Tito is re-elected president of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. This time he is elected for life.
- July 26, 1974 – Greek Prime Minister Konstantinos Karamanlis forms the country’s first civil government after seven years of military rule.
- August 30, 1974 – A powerful bomb explodes at the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries headquarters in Marunouchi, Tokyo, Japan. Eight are killed, 378 are injured. Eight left-wing activists are arrested on May 19, 1975 by Japanese authorities.
- September 10, 1974 – Guinea-Bissau gains independence from Portugal.
- September 18, 1974 – Hurricane Fifi strikes Honduras with 110 mph winds, killing 5,000 people.
- November 22, 1974 – The United Nations General Assembly grants the Palestine Liberation Organization observer status.
- November 24, 1974 – Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression.
Who Were Born On 1974?
- February 7, 1974 – Nujabes, Japanese DJ and producer (d. 2010)
- March 12, 1974 – Steve Price, Australia rugby player
- April 11, 1974 – Ashot Danielyan, Armenian weightlifter
- April 17, 1974 – Mikael Åkerfeldt, Swedish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Opeth, Bloodbath, and Katatonia)
- May 18, 1974 – Chantal Kreviazuk, Canadian singer-songwriter and pianist
- May 27, 1974 – Derek Webb, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Caedmon’s Call)
- June 13, 1974 – Steve-O, American stuntman and actor
- October 16, 1974 – Aurela Gaçe, Albanian singer
- October 31, 1974 – Muzzy Izzet, English-Turkish footballer
- November 16, 1974 – Brooke Elliott, American actress and singer