The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1975
- February 11, 1975 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1975 – Construction of the CN Tower is completed in Toronto, Canada. It reaches 553.33 m in height, becoming the world’s tallest free-standing structure.
- June 25, 1975 – Prime Minister Indira Gandhi has a state of internal Emergency declared in India.
- July 31, 1975 – The Troubles: three members of a popular cabaret band and two gunmen are killed during a botched paramilitary attack in Northern Ireland.
- August 4, 1975 – The Japanese Red Army takes more than 50 hostages at the AIA Building housing several embassies in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The hostages include the U.S. consul and the Swedish Chargé d'affaires. The gunmen win the release of five imprisoned comrades and fly with them to Libya.
- September 16, 1975 – Papua New Guinea gains independence from Australia.
- September 22, 1975 – Sara Jane Moore tries to assassinate U.S. President Gerald Ford, but is foiled by Oliver Sipple.
- September 29, 1975 – WGPR in Detroit, Michigan, becomes the world’s first black-owned-and-operated television station.
- October 24, 1975 – In Iceland, 90% of women take part in a national strike, refusing to work in protest of gaps in gender equality.
- December 7, 1975 – Warschauer Kniefall - German Chancellor Willy Brandt makes a gesture of humility towards the victims of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
Who Were Born On 1975?
- January 22, 1975 – David Výborný, Czech ice hockey player
- February 5, 1975 – Brainpower, Belgian-Dutch rapper
- February 16, 1975 – Vanina Ickx, Belgian race car driver
- February 23, 1975 – Michael Cornacchia, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- May 29, 1975 – David Burtka, American actor and chef
- June 6, 1975 – Cheer Chen, Taiwanese singer-songwriter and pianist
- July 27, 1975 – Alex Rodriguez, American baseball player
- August 7, 1975 – Charlize Theron, South African-American actress and producer
- September 7, 1975 – Norifumi Abe, Japanese motorcycle racer (d. 2007)
- November 25, 1975 – Kristian Nairn, Irish actor and DJ