The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1976
- January 18, 1976 – Lebanese Christian militias overrun Karantina, Beirut, killing at least 1,000.
- January 31, 1976 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1976 – The formerly Spanish territory of Western Sahara, under the auspices of the Polisario Front declares independence as the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic.
- April 1, 1976 – The Jovian–Plutonian gravitational effect, soon revealed as an April Fools’ Day hoax, is first reported by British astronomer Patrick Moore.
- April 5, 1976 – In the People’s Republic of China, the April Fifth Movement leads to the Tiananmen Incident.
- June 29, 1976 – The Seychelles become independent from the United Kingdom.
- July 25, 1976 – Viking program: Viking 1 takes the famous Face on Mars photo.
- August 12, 1976 – Between 1,000 and 3,500 Palestinians are killed in the Tel al-Zaatar massacre, one of the bloodiest events of the Lebanese Civil War
- October 7, 1976 – Hua Guofeng becomes Mao Zedong’s successor as chairman of Communist Party of China, following the latter’s death barely a month earlier.
- November 24, 1976 – The Çaldıran-Muradiye earthquake in eastern Turkey kills between 4,000 and 5,000 people.
Who Were Born On 1976?
- January 5, 1976 – Matt Wachter, American bass player
- February 28, 1976 – Kaido Külaots, Estonian chess player
- April 12, 1976 – Olga Kotlyarova, Russian runner
- July 1, 1976 – Plies, American rapper
- July 9, 1976 – Thomas Cichon, Polish-German footballer and manager
- August 2, 1976 – Sam Worthington, English-Australian actor and producer
- October 6, 1976 – Stefan Postma, Dutch footballer and coach
- November 1, 1976 – Sergei Artyukhin, Russian-Belarusian wrestler (d. 2012)
- December 8, 1976 – Dominic Monaghan, German-English actor and producer