The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1977
- February 18, 1977 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 1977 – The 1977 Vrancea earthquake in eastern and southern Europe kills more than 1,500, mostly in the seriously damaged city of Bucharest, Romania.
- March 9, 1977 – The Hanafi Siege: In a thirty-nine-hour standoff, armed Hanafi Muslims seize three Washington, D.C., buildings, killing two and taking 149 hostage.
- June 26, 1977 – The Yorkshire Ripper kills 16-year-old shop assistant Jayne MacDonald in Leeds, changing public perception of the killer as she is the first victim who is not a prostitute.
- July 26, 1977 – The National Assembly of Quebec imposes the use of French as the official language of the provincial government.
- October 18, 1977 – German Autumn: a set of events revolving around the kidnapping of Hanns Martin Schleyer and the hijacking of a Lufthansa flight by the Red Army Faction (RAF) comes to an end when Schleyer is murdered and various RAF members allegedly commit suicide.
- October 21, 1977 – The European Patent Institute is founded.
- October 26, 1977 – Ali Maow Maalin, the last natural case of smallpox, develops rash in Merca district, Somalia. The World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention consider this date the anniversary of the eradication of smallpox, the most spectacular success of vaccination.
- December 5, 1977 – Egypt breaks diplomatic relations with Syria, Libya, Algeria, Iraq and South Yemen. The move is in retaliation for the Declaration of Tripoli against Egypt.
- December 20, 1977 – Djibouti and Vietnam join the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1977?
- January 7, 1977 – Sofi Oksanen, Finnish author and playwright
- March 8, 1977 – James Van Der Beek, American actor
- March 18, 1977 – Danny Murphy, English footballer and sportscaster
- March 24, 1977 – Jessica Chastain, American actress and producer
- May 24, 1977 – Kym Valentine, Australian actress
- August 19, 1977 – Callum Blue, English actor
- September 19, 1977 – Kyle Cease, American comedian and actor
- November 9, 1977 – Chris Morgan, English footballer and manager
- November 21, 1977 – Yolande James, Canadian lawyer and politician
- November 28, 1977 – DeMya Walker, American basketball player