The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1977
- January 24, 1977 – Massacre of Atocha in Madrid, during the Spanish transition to democracy.
- February 18, 1977 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1977 – Libya becomes the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya as the General People’s Congress adopted the “Declaration of the Establishment of the People’s Authority”.
- March 11, 1977 – The 1977 Hanafi Siege: More than 130 hostages held in Washington, D.C., by Hanafi Muslims are set free after ambassadors from three Islamic nations join negotiations.
- June 16, 1977 – Oracle Corporation is incorporated in Redwood Shores, California, as Software Development Laboratories (SDL) by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates.
- July 13, 1977 – New York City: Amidst a period of financial and social turmoil experiences an electrical blackout lasting nearly 24 hours that leads to widespread fires and looting.
- July 20, 1977 – The Central Intelligence Agency releases documents under the Freedom of Information Act revealing it had engaged in mind-control experiments.
- August 20, 1977 – Voyager program: NASA launches the Voyager 2 spacecraft.
- September 5, 1977 – Voyager program: Voyager 1 is launched after a brief delay.
- October 26, 1977 – Ali Maow Maalin, the last natural case of smallpox, develops rash in Merca district, Somalia. The World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention consider this date the anniversary of the eradication of smallpox, the most spectacular success of vaccination.
Who Were Born On 1977?
- January 4, 1977 – Vhong Navarro, Filipino actor, host, and dancer
- February 7, 1977 – Tsuneyasu Miyamoto, Japanese footballer
- May 22, 1977 – Vinnie Potestivo, American casting director and producer
- July 10, 1977 – Ahmed Abdi Godane, Somali militant leader (d. 2014)
- September 1, 1977 – Shoshana Bean, American actress and singer
- November 16, 1977 – Maggie Gyllenhaal, American actress and singer
- November 24, 1977 – Celaleddin Koçak, German-Turkish footballer
- November 28, 1977 – Acer Nethercott, English rower (d. 2013)
- December 26, 1977 – Sofia Bekatorou, Greek sailor
- December 30, 1977 – Glory Alozie, Nigerian-Spanish sprinter and hurdler