The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tommy’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1977
- January 24, 1977 – Massacre of Atocha in Madrid, during the Spanish transition to democracy.
- February 18, 1977 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1977 – Libya becomes the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya as the General People’s Congress adopted the “Declaration of the Establishment of the People’s Authority”.
- April 7, 1977 – German Federal prosecutor Siegfried Buback and his driver are shot by two Red Army Faction members while waiting at a red light.
- June 7, 1977 – 500 million people watch the high day of the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II begin on television.
- July 13, 1977 – Somalia declares war on Ethiopia, starting the Ogaden War.
- September 7, 1977 – The Torrijos–Carter Treaties between Panama and the United States on the status of the Panama Canal are signed. The United States agrees to transfer control of the canal to Panama at the end of the 20th century.
- November 21, 1977 – Minister of Internal Affairs Allan Highet announces that the national anthems of New Zealand shall be the traditional anthem “God Save the Queen” and “God Defend New Zealand”, by Thomas Bracken (lyrics) and John Joseph Woods (music), both being of equal status as appropriate to the occasion.
- December 25, 1977 – Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin meets in Egypt with its president Anwar Sadat.
- December 30, 1977 – For the second time, Ted Bundy escapes from his cell in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Who Were Born On 1977?
- April 3, 1977 – Alice Lowe, English actress and screenwriter
- April 30, 1977 – Jeannie Haddaway, American politician
- June 13, 1977 – Tarmo Kikerpill, Estonian basketball player
- July 15, 1977 – Kitana Baker, American model and actress
- September 2, 1977 – Frédéric Kanouté, Malian footballer
- September 10, 1977 – Caleb Ralph, New Zealand rugby player
- September 19, 1977 – Emil Sutovsky, Israeli chess player
- October 3, 1977 – Daniel Hollie, American wrestler
- October 12, 1977 – Javier Toyo, Venezuelan footballer
- November 6, 1977 – Patrícia Tavares, Portuguese actress