The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VGKULVOKAO? Check your answers here: Word scramble VGKULVOKAO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Historical Events Of 1977
- February 18, 1977 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1977 – Libya becomes the Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya as the General People’s Congress adopted the “Declaration of the Establishment of the People’s Authority”.
- March 23, 1977 – The first of The Nixon Interviews (12 will be recorded over four weeks) are videotaped with British journalist David Frost interviewing former United States President Richard Nixon about the Watergate scandal and the Nixon tapes.
- April 22, 1977 – Optical fiber is first used to carry live telephone traffic.
- May 26, 1977 – George Willig climbs the South Tower of New York City’s World Trade Center.
- August 23, 1977 – The Gossamer Condor wins the Kremer prize for human powered flight.
- September 5, 1977 – Voyager program: Voyager 1 is launched after a brief delay.
- September 10, 1977 – Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
- September 20, 1977 – The Socialist Republic of Vietnam is admitted to the United Nations.
- October 25, 1977 – Digital Equipment Corporation releases OpenVMS V1.0.
Who Were Born On 1977?
- January 31, 1977 – Katherine Shindle, American actress, singer, and dancer
- February 14, 1977 – Jim Jefferies, Australian comedian and actor
- April 23, 1977 – Lee Young-pyo, South Korean footballer
- April 26, 1977 – Tom Welling, American actor, director, and producer
- May 14, 1977 – Pusha T, American rapper (Clipse and Re-Up Gang)
- July 9, 1977 – Jun Hori, Japanese journalist and host
- July 11, 1977 – Brandon Short, American football player and sportscaster
- August 25, 1977 – Jonathan Togo, American actor
- November 10, 1977 – Brittany Murphy, American actress and singer (d. 2009)
- December 28, 1977 – Shane Elford, Australian rugby player