The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1978
- January 1, 1978 – The Constitution of the Northern Mariana Islands becomes effective.
- January 6, 1978 – The Crown of St. Stephen (also known as the Holy Crown of Hungary) is returned to Hungary from the United States, where it was held after World War II.
- February 7, 1978 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 19, 1978 – Egyptian forces raid Larnaca International Airport in an attempt to intervene in a hijacking, without authorisation from the Republic of Cyprus authorities. The Cypriot National Guard and Police forces kill 15 Egyptian commandos and destroy the Egyptian C-130 transport plane in open combat.
- April 28, 1978 – President of Afghanistan, Mohammed Daoud Khan, is overthrown and assassinated in a coup led by pro-communist rebels.
- June 28, 1978 – The United States Supreme Court, in Regents of the University of California v. Bakke bars quota systems in college admissions.
- September 15, 1978 – Muhammad Ali outpointed Leon Spinks in a rematch to become the first boxer to win the world heavyweight title three times at the Superdome in New Orleans.
- September 16, 1978 – An earthquake measuring 7.5 to 7.9 on the Richter scale hits the city of Tabas, Iran killing about 25,000 people.
- December 15, 1978 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter announces that the United States will recognize the People’s Republic of China and sever diplomatic relations with Taiwan
Who Were Born On 1978?
- January 25, 1978 – Jason Roberts, English footballer and sportscaster
- February 2, 1978 – Barry Ferguson, Scottish footballer and manager
- February 14, 1978 – Danai Gurira, Zimbabwean-American actress and playwright
- February 27, 1978 – Kakha Kaladze, Georgian footballer
- March 12, 1978 – Claudio Sanchez, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Coheed and Cambria, Fire Deuce, and The Prize Fighter Inferno)
- August 3, 1978 – Dimitrios Zografakis, Greek footballer
- August 21, 1978 – Jason Marquis, American baseball player
- August 22, 1978 – Robert Levon Been, American singer and guitarist (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club)
- August 25, 1978 – Robert Mohr, German rugby player