The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1979
- January 28, 1979 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1979 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing at least 200.
- March 26, 1979 – Anwar al-Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter sign the Egypt–Israel Peace Treaty in Washington, D.C.
- April 1, 1979 – Iran becomes an Islamic republic by a 99% vote, officially overthrowing the Shah.
- April 4, 1979 – Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto of Pakistan is executed.
- April 11, 1979 – Ugandan dictator Idi Amin is deposed.
- June 18, 1979 – SALT II is signed by the United States and the Soviet Union.
- November 10, 1979 – A 106-car Canadian Pacific freight train carrying explosive and poisonous chemicals from Windsor, Ontario, Canada derails in Mississauga, Ontario, just west of Toronto, causing a massive explosion and the largest peacetime evacuation in Canadian history and one of the largest in North American history.
- November 15, 1979 – A package from Unabomber Ted Kaczynski begins smoking in the cargo hold of a flight from Chicago to Washington, D.C., forcing the plane to make an emergency landing.
- November 19, 1979 – Iran hostage crisis: Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini orders the release of 13 female and black American hostages being held at the US Embassy in Tehran.
Who Were Born On 1979?
- February 9, 1979 – Akinori Iwamura, Japanese baseball player
- March 11, 1979 – Benji Madden, American singer-songwriter, guitarist and actor (Good Charlotte, Dead Executives and Taintstick)
- April 13, 1979 – Gréta Arn, Hungarian tennis player
- June 26, 1979 – Brandi Burkhardt, American actress and singer
- June 29, 1979 – Andy O'Brien, English footballer
- August 6, 1979 – Francesco Bellotti, Italian cyclist
- December 6, 1979 – Tim Cahill, Australian footballer
- December 8, 1979 – Christian Wilhelmsson, Swedish footballer
- December 10, 1979 – Tora Augestad, Norwegian singer and actor (Music for a While)
- December 23, 1979 – Yukifumi Murakami, Japanese javelin thrower