The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rosa’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1979
- January 16, 1979 – The last Iranian Shah flees Iran with his family for good and relocates to Egypt.
- January 28, 1979 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- May 10, 1979 – The Federated States of Micronesia become self-governing.
- June 4, 1979 – Flight Lieutenant Jerry Rawlings takes power in Ghana after a military coup in which General Fred Akuffo is overthrown.
- July 1, 1979 – Sony introduces the Walkman.
- July 15, 1979 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter gives his so-called malaise speech, where he characterizes the greatest threat to the country as “this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation” but in which he never uses the word malaise.
- July 25, 1979 – Another section of the Sinai Peninsula is peacefully returned by Israel to Egypt.
- August 13, 1979 – The roof of the uncompleted Rosemont Horizon in Rosemont, Illinois, collapses, killing five workers and injuring 16.
- October 1, 1979 – The MTR, the rapid transit railway system in Hong Kong, opens.
- October 21, 1979 – Moshe Dayan resigns from the Israeli government because of strong disagreements with Prime Minister Menachem Begin over policy towards the Arabs.
Who Were Born On 1979?
- March 28, 1979 – Benjamin Percy, American novelist and short story writer
- April 30, 1979 – Sean Mackin, American singer and violinist (Yellowcard)
- May 3, 1979 – Genevieve Nnaji, Nigerian actress and singer
- May 19, 1979 – Diego Forlán, Uruguayan footballer
- June 8, 1979 – Derek Trucks, American guitarist and songwriter (The Allman Brothers Band, The Derek Trucks Band, and Tedeschi Trucks Band)
- July 2, 1979 – Walter Davis, American triple jumper
- July 15, 1979 – Edda Garðarsdóttir, Icelandic footballer
- August 1, 1979 – Jason Momoa, American actor, director, and producer
- November 8, 1979 – Andrea Benatti, Italian rugby player
- November 14, 1979 – Carl Hayman, New Zealand rugby player