The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1980
- February 16, 1980 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 27, 1980 – The Norwegian oil platform Alexander L. Kielland collapses in the North Sea, killing 123 of its crew of 212.
- April 2, 1980 – United States President Jimmy Carter signs the Crude Oil Windfall Profits Tax Act in an effort to help the U.S. economy rebound.
- April 12, 1980 – Terry Fox begins his “Marathon of Hope” at St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- May 27, 1980 – The Gwangju Massacre: Airborne and army troops of South Korea retake the city of Gwangju from civil militias, killing at least 207 and possibly many more.
- June 3, 1980 – The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska, which take five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and cause $300 million in damages all told, according to statistics compiled on the deadly storm by the National Weather Service and the American Red Cross.
- July 15, 1980 – A massive storm tears through western Wisconsin, causing $160 million in damage.
- August 1, 1980 – Vigdís Finnbogadóttir is elected President of Iceland and becomes the world’s first democratically elected female head of state.
- October 10, 1980 – A magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurs in the Algerian town of El Asnam. Around 3,500 die and 300,000 are left homeless.
Who Were Born On 1980?
- January 18, 1980 – Robert Green, English footballer
- February 29, 1980 – Chris Conley, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Saves the Day and Two Tongues)
- March 21, 1980 – Ronaldinho, Brazilian footballer
- April 10, 1980 – Shao Jiayi, Chinese footballer
- April 19, 1980 – Jason Blaine, Canadian singer-songwriter
- June 19, 1980 – Adel Abdulaziz, Emirati footballer
- July 8, 1980 – Robbie Keane, Irish footballer
- July 28, 1980 – Darina, Mexican singer-songwriter
- November 28, 1980 – Stuart Taylor, English footballer
- December 5, 1980 – Tamara Feldman, American actress