The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Shawn’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
Historical Events Of 1981
- February 5, 1981 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 24, 1981 – An earthquake registering 6.7 on the Richter scale hits Athens, killing 16 people and destroying buildings in several towns west of the city.
- March 30, 1981 – U.S. President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by John Hinckley, Jr. Another two people are wounded at the same time.
- May 26, 1981 – Italian Prime Minister Arnaldo Forlani and his coalition cabinet resign following a scandal over membership of the pseudo-masonic lodge P2 (Propaganda Due).
- June 13, 1981 – At the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, a teenager, Marcus Sarjeant, fires six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.
- July 7, 1981 – U.S. President Ronald Reagan appoints Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female member of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- August 5, 1981 – President Ronald Reagan fires 11,359 striking air-traffic controllers who ignored his order for them to return to work.
- November 30, 1981 – Cold War: In Geneva, representatives from the United States and the Soviet Union begin to negotiate intermediate-range nuclear weapon reductions in Europe. (The meetings end inconclusively on December 17.)
- December 13, 1981 – General Wojciech Jaruzelski declares martial law in Poland to prevent dismantling of the communist system by Solidarity.
- December 17, 1981 – American Brigadier General James L. Dozier is abducted by the Red Brigades in Verona, Italy.
Who Were Born On 1981?
- January 22, 1981 – Ben Moody, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and actor
- February 17, 1981 – Pontus Segerström, Swedish footballer (d. 2014)
- June 19, 1981 – Melissa McMorrow, American boxer
- August 1, 1981 – Sally Pressman, American actress and dancer
- August 5, 1981 – Rachel Scott, American murder victim, inspired the Rachel’s Challenge (d. 1999)
- August 24, 1981 – Chad Michael Murray, American model and actor
- October 25, 1981 – Jon Wood, American race car driver
- November 4, 1981 – Vince Wilfork, American football player
- November 30, 1981 – Rich Harden, Canadian baseball player
- December 15, 1981 – Firman Utina, Indonesian footballer