The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Historical Events Of 1981
- February 5, 1981 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 1981 – Stardust fire: A fire in a Dublin nightclub kills 48 people
- March 27, 1981 – The Solidarity movement in Poland stages a warning strike, in which at least 12 million Poles walk off their jobs for four hours.
- May 21, 1981 – Irish Republican hunger strikers Raymond McCreesh and Patsy O'Hara die on hunger strike in Maze prison.
- June 5, 1981 – The “Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report” of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that five people in Los Angeles, California, have a rare form of pneumonia seen only in patients with weakened immune systems, in what turns out to be the first recognized cases of AIDS.
- June 6, 1981 – Bihar train disaster: A passenger train travelling between Mansi and Saharsa, India, jumps the tracks at a bridge crossing the Bagmati River. The government places the official death toll at 268 plus another 300 missing; however, it is generally believed that the death toll is closer to 1,000.
- June 25, 1981 – Microsoft is restructured to become an incorporated business in its home state of Washington.
- July 17, 1981 – A structural failure leads to the collapse of a walkway at the Hyatt Regency in Kansas City, Missouri killing 114 people and injuring more than 200.
- August 12, 1981 – The IBM Personal Computer is released.
- September 25, 1981 – Belize joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1981?
- February 4, 1981 – Johan Vansummeren, Belgian cyclist
- March 10, 1981 – Gabriela Voleková, Slovak tennis player
- April 30, 1981 – Megan Reinking, American actress and singer
- June 2, 1981 – Catherine Manoukian, Canadian violinist
- June 9, 1981 – Natalie Portman, Israeli-American actress, director, and producer
- August 5, 1981 – Kō Shibasaki, Japanese singer and actress
- August 19, 1981 – Nick Kennedy, English rugby player
- October 12, 1981 – Shola Ameobi, Nigerian-English footballer
- December 4, 1981 – Brian Vandborg, Danish former road bicycle racer