The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Historical Events Of 1982
- January 25, 1982 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- January 28, 1982 – US Army general James L. Dozier is rescued by Italian anti-terrorism forces from captivity by the Red Brigades.
- February 13, 1982 – The Río Negro Massacre takes place in Guatemala.
- March 23, 1982 – Guatemala’s government, headed by Fernando Romeo Lucas García is overthrown in a military coup by right-wing General Efraín Ríos Montt.
- April 30, 1982 – The Bijon Setu massacre occurs in Calcutta.
- June 6, 1982 – A British Army Air Corps Gazelle helicopter is destroyed in a friendly fire incident, resulting in the loss of four lives.
- June 23, 1982 – Chinese American Vincent Chin dies in a coma after being beaten in Highland Park, Michigan on June 19, by two auto workers who had mistaken him for Japanese and who were angry about the success of Japanese auto companies.
- August 12, 1982 – Mexico announces that it is unable to pay its enormous external debt, marking the beginning of a debt crisis that spreads to all of Latin America and the Third World.
- October 1, 1982 – Helmut Kohl replaces Helmut Schmidt as Chancellor of Germany through a constructive vote of no confidence.
- November 13, 1982 – Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
Who Were Born On 1982?
- February 19, 1982 – Camelia Potec, Romanian swimmer
- March 7, 1982 – Kate Michael, American model, Miss District of Columbia 2006
- March 15, 1982 – Wilson Kipsang Kiprotich, Kenyan runner
- May 17, 1982 – Matt Cassel, American football player
- May 25, 1982 – Jason Kubel, American baseball player
- June 11, 1982 – Jacques Freitag, South African high jumper
- July 21, 1982 – Jason Cram, Australian swimmer
- August 5, 1982 – Pete Sell, American mixed martial artist
- August 10, 1982 – Devon Aoki, American model and actress
- August 26, 1982 – Akiko Kikuchi, Japanese model and actress