The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1982
- January 25, 1982 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 2, 1982 – Falklands War: Argentina invades the Falkland Islands.
- May 21, 1982 – Falklands War: A British amphibious assault during Operation Sutton leads to the Battle of San Carlos.
- June 11, 1982 – The Sentosa Musical Fountain was officially opened as part of the second phase of construction on the island of Sentosa, Singapore.
- June 13, 1982 – Fahd becomes King of Saudi Arabia upon the death of his brother, Khalid.
- June 19, 1982 – In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University of Beirut, is kidnapped.
- August 31, 1982 – Anti-government demonstrations are held in 66 Polish cities to commemorate the second anniversary of the Gdańsk Agreement.
- October 5, 1982 – Chicago Tylenol murders: Johnson & Johnson initiates a nationwide product recall in the United States for all products in its Tylenol brand after several bottles in Chicago are found to have been laced with cyanide, resulting in seven deaths.
- October 28, 1982 – The Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party wins elections, leading to the first Socialist government in Spain after death of Franco. Felipe González becomes Prime Minister-elect.
- November 17, 1982 – Duk Koo Kim dies from injuries sustained during a 14-round match against Ray Mancini in Las Vegas, prompting reforms in the sport of boxing.
Who Were Born On 1982?
- January 5, 1982 – Janica Kostelić, Croatian skier
- January 6, 1982 – Eddie Redmayne, English actor and singer
- January 8, 1982 – Wil Francis, American singer-songwriter and producer (Aiden and William Control)
- February 12, 1982 – Jonas Hiller, Swiss ice hockey player
- March 31, 1982 – Tal Ben Haim, Israeli footballer
- April 2, 1982 – Shanti Lowry, American actress and dancer
- April 6, 1982 – Euclides Varela, Cape Verdean runner
- April 7, 1982 – Sonjay Dutt, American wrestler
- July 11, 1982 – Lil Zane, American rapper and actor
- July 19, 1982 – Phil Coke, American baseball player