The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1982
- January 8, 1982 – Breakup of the Bell System: AT&T agrees to divest itself of twenty-two subdivisions.
- January 25, 1982 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 15, 1982 – The drilling rig Ocean Ranger sinks during a storm off the coast of Newfoundland, killing 84 workers.
- May 12, 1982 – During a procession outside the shrine of the Virgin Mary in Fátima, Portugal, security guards overpower Juan María Fernández y Krohn before he can attack Pope John Paul II with a bayonet. Krohn, an ultraconservative Spanish priest opposed to the Vatican II reforms, believed that the Pope had to be killed for being an “agent of Moscow”.
- June 25, 1982 – Greece abolishes the head shaving of recruits in the military.
- September 14, 1982 – President-elect of Lebanon, Bachir Gemayel, is assassinated.
- September 19, 1982 – Scott Fahlman posts the first documented emoticons :-) and :-( on the Carnegie Mellon University bulletin board system.
- October 20, 1982 – During the UEFA Cup match between FC Spartak Moscow and HFC Haarlem, 66 people are crushed to death in the Luzhniki disaster.
- November 14, 1982 – Lech Wałęsa, the leader of Poland’s outlawed Solidarity movement, is released after eleven months of internment near the Soviet border.
- November 30, 1982 – Michael Jackson’s second solo album, Thriller is released worldwide. It will become the best-selling record album in history.
Who Were Born On 1982?
- February 5, 1982 – Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami, Iranian basketball player (d. 2007)
- May 6, 1982 – Kyle Shewfelt, Canadian gymnast
- June 7, 1982 – Shun Shioya, Japanese actor
- July 10, 1982 – Sebastian Mila, Polish footballer
- July 18, 1982 – Ryan Cabrera, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- August 6, 1982 – Ryan Sypek, American actor
- August 31, 1982 – Josh Kroeger, American baseball player
- September 21, 1982 – Danny Kass, American snowboarder
- October 1, 1982 – Sandra Oxenryd, Swedish singer
- November 30, 1982 – Elisha Cuthbert, Canadian actress