The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Curious about this Pistachio? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Historical Events Of 1983
- January 1, 1983 – The ARPANET officially changes to using the Internet Protocol, creating the Internet.
- February 13, 1983 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 11, 1983 – Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- May 16, 1983 – Sudan People’s Liberation Army/Movement rebels against the Sudanese government.
- June 13, 1983 – Pioneer 10 becomes the first man-made object to leave the central Solar System when it passes beyond the orbit of Neptune (the farthest planet from the Sun at the time).
- July 24, 1983 – The Black July anti-Tamil riots begin in Sri Lanka, killing between 400 and 3,000. Black July is generally regarded as the beginning of the Sri Lankan Civil War.
- September 27, 1983 – Richard Stallman announces the GNU project to develop a free Unix-like operating system.
- October 9, 1983 – Rangoon bombing: Attempted assassination of South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan during an official visit to Rangoon, Burma. Chun survives but the blast kills 17 of his entourage, including four cabinet ministers, and injures 17 others. Four Burmese officials also die in the blast.
- October 30, 1983 – The first democratic elections in Argentina after seven years of military rule are held.
- December 10, 1983 – Democracy is restored in Argentina with the inauguration of President Raúl Alfonsín.
Who Were Born On 1983?
- January 1, 1983 – Emi Kobayashi, Japanese model and actress
- February 7, 1983 – Sho Kamogawa, Japanese footballer
- March 14, 1983 – Taylor Hanson, American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Hanson and Tinted Windows)
- April 4, 1983 – Davide Lufrano Chaves, Italian-English guitarist (Alejandro Toledo and the Magic Tombolinos) (d. 2013)
- May 28, 1983 – Roman Atwood, American comedian and video blogger
- June 19, 1983 – Mark Selby, English snooker player
- June 24, 1983 – Gianni Munari, Italian footballer
- September 6, 1983 – Braun Strowman, American wrestler and strongman
- September 9, 1983 – Yamato Kinjo, Japanese actor
- October 17, 1983 – Vitali Teleš, Estonian footballer